Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

My Laufenns say made in Korea, go figure...

Installed adjustable sway bar end links and readjusted my short shifter throw and height.

Then gave it a wash and wax to celebrate, looking like a rolling mirror.

Went to Supermarket, come back to my car and some prick has thrown a half empty 2 litre coke bottle next it, splashing coke on one side. 

See a small group of teenagers not far away sitting on one of those big clothing recycling bins drinking coke - I take the bottle up to them and asked angrily if they had dropped their bottle - it become pretty clear who was the culprit so I barked a mini lecture and flicked the bottle up at him, fortunately scoring a direct hit in the face.

Got home and the coke had beaded right off, thanks CarPro Elixer - hopefully the kids learnt a little lesson too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Yep, next time they'll kick a dent into it instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

Yep, next time they'll kick a dent into it instead.

Sad but true possibly

On 3/19/2021 at 7:48 PM, GorGasm said:

Purchased some new tyres for the 535i.  Grabbed 4x Laufenn LK03 in 245/40/19 for $830 fitted, balanced, and aligned. 

Where did you go to? Looking for a staggered set of 19s for 3er, scored a set of 403m to replace stock 18s.

Hyper drive, but fitted at a local hamilton shop.

2 hours ago, GorGasm said:

Hyper drive, but fitted at a local hamilton shop.

Just at the stage where I need new tyres for the 130.  They have worn so well.  Even after I murdered them at the track.

Crikey you must be well over 100km on the clock eh?

On 3/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, Sammo said:

Installed adjustable sway bar end links and readjusted my short shifter throw and height.

Then gave it a wash and wax to celebrate, looking like a rolling mirror.

Went to Supermarket, come back to my car and some prick has thrown a half empty 2 litre coke bottle next it, splashing coke on one side. 

See a small group of teenagers not far away sitting on one of those big clothing recycling bins drinking coke - I take the bottle up to them and asked angrily if they had dropped their bottle - it become pretty clear who was the culprit so I barked a mini lecture and flicked the bottle up at him, fortunately scoring a direct hit in the face.

Got home and the coke had beaded right off, thanks CarPro Elixer - hopefully the kids learnt a little lesson too.

This is like the New Zealand version of “Falling Down”. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GorGasm said:

Crikey you must be well over 100km on the clock eh?

117 I think. It's only doing about 36km a day at the moment. Soon to be about 90 a day though. Sam takes it to the train station at the moment.

Keeping an eye on suspension now. Though it is still tight and quiet. Upgrade at some stage.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:02 PM, NZ BMW said:

This is like the New Zealand version of “Falling Down”. 

No, this is the new zealand version of setting a poor example and perpetuating shitty behaviour.  

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

No, this is the new zealand version of setting a poor example and perpetuating shitty behaviour.  

Sorry, Mum. 

Just chant that to yourself when these little toe-rags have fifteen more years on them and are kicking you while you're down, based on the lessons they learned at a crucial age.  You can have the last laugh! 😀  

22 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Just chant that to yourself when these little toe-rags have fifteen more years on them and are kicking you while you're down, based on the lessons they learned at a crucial age.  You can have the last laugh! 😀  

I think that life outcome is already well set in motion before an encounter in a supermarket carpark as a teenager. 

but hang on, you thought you'd taught them a lesson.

6 hours ago, Olaf said:

but hang on, you thought you'd taught them a lesson.

I think you’re confused about who made the original post... 

Freshly rebuilt motor went into the M3 over the weekend. A few days over 6 months since it came out. Never imagined I'd be undertaking this job when I bought the car but I do have a tendency to get carried away. Definitely much harder to get it in than out, was a wrestle start to finish. Did manage to get it in after about 4 hours of putting it in + a week of a couple hours after work each night putting everything back together (and no damages or casualties along the way which was somewhat unexpected!).

1.thumb.jpg.0b9af28c0d086f7a30a12de8c5306a4f.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.17cdff6397d7ff8b5aea4c7878d94e95.jpg

First start up went flawless, not much more stressful than a first start up. Got a short clip of the intake bark once it had evened out a bit and things were warming up.

The first drive was unbelievable, couldn't smile wide enough. Would recommend Kayne Barrie all day long and would work with him again. What a difference fresh vanos seals and some nice sharp valve seats make and my engine was by no means in bad condition when it came out, yet it feels like the low end power has doubled (even without full load during the break in). Everything back together and cleaned up now, onto the 500km of break in for the rings and hone. 

3.thumb.jpg.862e21b7dfb6523186b95097709b5e15.jpg

Car is hopefully headed over to Ray's in the next few weeks once the break in is done to get the complete CMP subframe top mount kit put in (top bar and front mount extension). Oh and did I mention I bought a set of square 18s to go on, oops. 

Edited by Harper
  • Like 8

Made the mistake of thinking the drive from Auckland to Napier would be better later on Good Friday, not Thursday. Seven hours later, finally arrived (normal drive time is five hours), even with using the live traffic info and not getting onto motorway until Bombay.

Luckily I was in a decent car, with all the mod cons or it would have been much worse.

image.jpg

The driver assist / radar cruise works really well in traffic jams, don’t have even touch the wheel below 20kmh. Tested this out quite a bit, including the 3km crawl into Tirau.

When the queues finally died down there were a few opportunities to give it some beans and get past a few of the muppets that decide to get out and about at Easter.

Not sure I’m looking forward to the journey back though... 

• Like 3

I've gotten so dependent on the driver assist crawl function on our Auckland on-ramps and in roundabout traffic, great feature 

• Like 1

Cleaned and sealed (using up my Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic sealant) both cars as we head into the shitty part of the year - annoyingly the Audi, being fresh off a two stage correction now has a better finish than the E46 😢

IMG_2435.jpg

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, qube said:

I think you need “NZA532”

NAP is fine - it represents how often the car is sleeping at the workshop.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

NAP is fine - it represents how often the car is sleeping at the workshop.

I'll have you know, it has not seen a workshop for 60 days 🤣

• Haha 1

I sucked the dead spiders out of my reverse light enclosure by removing the bulb and applying the Vacuum, turned riiight up.

• Like 2

Removed front and rear bumpers and drivers side sill cover from the M5 in preparation for its trip to the panelbeaters on Monday, looks a bit naked now....