Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Looks great Jonathan @325_driver , it is an interesting colour I think suits that shape esp. with those alloys

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Massive quote removed

@E28E30 yeah its bizzare, i was looking for this colour a while ago to test spray on the e46

and behold the paint shop mis matched a variant of sparkling graphite a22 (which looked close enough) to the factory colour

But the factory of this a22 sparkling graphite had a far more green pearl to it where this had a purple pearl to it

didnt have much to blend to either because repairs were to the edge, so ended up being a borderline full respray

only really got bonnet left to do, might end up doing that later if i sell it, a few minor dings in it id want out before respraying

no regrets though! it's an awesome colour

Edited by 325_driver
  • Like 1

My 330s the same colour, it is a cool colour, not that it gets cleaned much but when it is the purple in it really stands out. 

@Jacko its damn well growing on me, really tempting me to do the e46 in it. But i think im going to stick with artic race blue.

Cleaned up the side vents, replaced the M5 badges, replaced the very dull side indicators with led versions. 

image.thumb.png.364dd929a6543a5868251c911ea67397.png

Replaced the rear tyres on Miss M's 116i, rotating so the new tyres are on the front. Maintained the set of Bridgestone ER300 runflats.

Learned how to reset the TPMS, an essential step following tyre replacement. One of those easy-when-you-know-how things, but nigh-on impossible if you've not done it before and don't know where to look!

• Like 1

finally got around to using the engine support i made in the last lockdown, dropped the subframe on the E21 to get the sump off and fix the oil leak, only to discover i don't have the correct sump plug crush washer, or any oil to put back in it!!

DSC_0429.thumb.JPG.40b4644e704603e964f0fb8a60f94975.JPG

• Like 2

Much more level 4 and Im going to have mirror finished primer.

241916085_10157869010142693_1608513295302606422_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nice. What pads did you use. 

@E28E30 oh boy that looks amazing! absolute peach.

I *need* a red E30 in my life

On 9/19/2021 at 12:27 PM, Jacko said:

Much more level 4 and Im going to have mirror finished primer.

241916085_10157869010142693_1608513295302606422_n.jpg

Is it even a BMW without orange peel 😂 looks amazing

3 minutes ago, Sammo said:

@E28E30 oh boy that looks amazing! absolute peach.

I *need* a red E30 in my life

Aww thanks Sam :) @Sammo it tries Its best for 31, “patina” up close in places but pretty fine

1 minute ago, E28E30 said:

Aww thanks Sam :) @Sammo it tries Its best for 31, “patina” up close in places but pretty fine

Haha I zoomed into the full size pics and looked brilliant!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hunter said:

Nice. What pads did you use. 

I went with the new. DBA Street series ceramic pads (pretty cheap). To be honest I’m not too happy with them and will be changing them out (front ones anyway) for some Hawk. 

completed oil service, cabin filter, air filter service today. 
then managed to scone my front bumper a good one in my brother’s driveway. Feck. 

• Sad 1

Pulled my CIC out to remove the band expander, they've butchered the antenna wiring, disgraceful job, so I'm wondering if I can swap out the cables from the diversity antenna unit, to use the non-butchered cable that was originally Brown/Beige with the black housings swapped to give me FM/AM, as far as I can tell the Brown/Beige on is for Digital Audio Broadcasting which we don't have in NZ so shouldn't be missed...

Future plan, replace spinney drive in the CIC with an SSD...

20211003_195615.jpg

New ATE rotors, ceramic pads and fluid change.... after having to break out a 4 foot powerbar to get the wheelnuts undone (f**ken apes...)

IMG_20211012_175632.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jacko said:

New ATE rotors, ceramic pads and fluid change.... after having to break out a 4 foot powerbar to get the wheelnuts undone (f**ken apes...)

Which ceramic pads are you using mate? How are they?

I have Akebono ceramic pads at the moment I like em, but also keen to hear others impressions 

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

27 minutes ago, hunter said:

Which ceramic pads are you using mate? How are they?

I have Akebono ceramic pads at the moment I like em, but also keen to hear others impressions 

TRW Ultras, never used them before so will find out. 130 has Brembo NAO ceramic pads and they seem really good. 

• Like 1

Ordered some Michelin PS4S from tire rack for the M3. Have been impressed by the out going PSS in terms of being a great all round road tire. Hopefully pS4s will be better again.

Also tried to lobby Michelin NZ to carry PS4S in 18 inch M3 Friendly sizes. 

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

Ordered some Michelin PS4S from tire rack for the M3. Have been impressed by the out going PSS in terms of being a great all round road tire. Hopefully pS4s will be better again.

Also tried to lobby Michelin NZ to carry PS4S in 18 inch M3 Friendly sizes. 

Who have you used for shipping and what was the approx. shipping cost? Have been thinking about doing the same in order to run 4S's on the standard 18's. 

1 minute ago, JohnM575 said:

Who have you used for shipping and what was the approx. shipping cost? Have been thinking about doing the same in order to run 4S's on the standard 18's. 

Tirerack can ship internationally. Email them for a quote. From memory for my PS4S's their shipping was pretty fair, about ~200USD for the set. 

Edited by Harper
  • Thanks 1

Just over 1k usd and $218 usd for freight with fedex. So $1813 nzd before gst and entry fee.

Roughly a similar price to 19s purchased through nz via the usual discount places so not any cheaper.  But cheaper ironically to the PSSs I brought in 2015

• Like 1