Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

broom broom go vroom vroom

• Like 2

No. it's to solve the issue i had where the car after hot fast running would stall out when coasting occasionally. Research eventually put it down to fuel, since I replaced the fuel filter a couple of months back this was next on the list. :)

Care to elaborate further?

Care to elaborate further?

Not much more to elaborate. Only when I'd been on the open road driving for abit. Crusing upto a red light or something I tend to coast up. As I slowed I would pop it into neutral and as the revs dropped the car would stall out. Hit the ignition and she would fire right up. Wife had a ball with the old "you stalled it!" laughing away.

But I knew I didn't do anything wrong. It was ever so occasional. Then became more frequent, maybe once every few trips. So I did some research. cam up with this.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/60306-ideas-engine-cutting-out-2.html

Since ive done fuel filter the pump was the next logical step.

Well for everyone on this forum's enjoyment. I'm on a refresh program to get the car upto scratch to get the best results from a custom tune.

I'm thinking confirmation with before & after dyno runs to confirm everything.

Dyno results speak for themselves.

Be careful with dyno's. You need optimal IAT and KTMP temperatures amongst other things to show the true output of teh S62 on a dyno. A tuner may take the lowest power output run pre-tune, and take the highest output run post tune, and lead you to believe you've gained 40rwkw. The Evolve guys in the UK are highly regarded for not doing this, and everyone seems to be happy with the results, in particular the Alpha-N power tune. I've contemplated going via Gavin, but am leaning towards Evolve as they have a deal on atm - Just a pain that they make you pay 200usd for their special cable, which i'm pretty sure I already have to do diagnostics and coding.

Not much more to elaborate. Only when I'd been on the open road driving for abit. Crusing upto a red light or something I tend to coast up. As I slowed I would pop it into neutral and as the revs dropped the car would stall out. Hit the ignition and she would fire right up. Wife had a ball with the old "you stalled it!" laughing away.

But I knew I didn't do anything wrong. It was ever so occasional. Then became more frequent, maybe once every few trips. So I did some research. cam up with this.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/60306-ideas-engine-cutting-out-2.html

Since ive done fuel filter the pump was the next logical step.

Sweet only 2 pages of crap to sift through...

last page, last post bro.

It's a fuel issue.

/thread

so did the new fuel pump fix the stalling problem?

hasn't done it since. but then again haven't had a chance to take it out for a long drive.

so jury is still out.

Finally found the menu to play the songs from my phone in "random" sequence - hoo-rah!

• Like 1

Broke off the rear view mirror... and glued it back on.

Couldn't find black mirror adhesive anywhere though :( had to go with clear.

• Like 1

Couldn't find black mirror adhesive anywhere though :( had to go with clear.

I did this a few weeks ago, I laughed.

• Like 1

Couldn't find black mirror adhesive anywhere though :(  had to go with clear.

Hah. I did exactly the same thing last week. Same story too. Had to go with clear :’(

Looked longingly at it. Itching for tomorrow so i can start my two days of driving it again. Never had a "weekend" car before, and im damned if its not making me enjoy the car more by not driving it daily in rush hour traffic.

I did this a few weeks ago, I laughed.

Hah. I did exactly the same thing last week. Same story too. Had to go with clear :’(

Weirdest hing is that I adjust the miroor EVERYtime I use the car, because the Mrs usually uses it.

This time, I was taking off the dash cam, and just bumped it - fell straight off!

The stuff we put up with, just because some german decided attaching it to the roof wasn't fancy enough.

washed and waxed the machine for tomorrows meet. makeshift car cover for tonight for the darn neighbours cat who loves sleeping on the warm bonnet.

post-51379-0-35207200-1400298549_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ye valve cover looking a wee bit better than it did when I got it!

post-41073-0-46851400-1400309491_thumb.p

• Like 3

Must be at least 10, feels way quicker off the mark.

• Like 1

Went to a motorkhana in the turbo. Heres a quick vid of my friend pete having a go at peddling it. I managed to swipe the go pro off the side of the car with a road cone.

• Like 4

looks like a bucket of fun. (ur car looks quick too). whom runs these? how do I get a go?

looks like a bucket of fun. (ur car looks quick too). whom runs these? how do I get a go?

I'd like to see the M5 tackle that course

Motorsport bay of plenty run them. You can do two events before having to join the club. Next one is in a month or so time if you're interested.