Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Did you hear Jooles 850? thats what you want.

• Like 2

I'd luv this set up but when I called Woolf Mufflers they couldn't remember what they'd done to it.

Same car.

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 3

Nice, I love the sound of the idle in the first clip above. Unfortunately the second vid betrays the tuning (there's none) and there's both drone and reverberation, you don't want that.

Good engines deserve a tuned exhaust.

• Like 1

Hooked up a check engine light. Which thankfully lit up.

Hooked up a check engine light. Which thankfully lit up.

Probably the only person I've ever seen thats happy about the CEL being on! :P

• Like 5

Fixed and undercoated the back bumper,

fingers crossed the weather is good next weekend than I can do the back mud guards.

post-3075-0-56362900-1454317639.jpg

post-3075-0-05678500-1454317662.jpg

post-3075-0-87321700-1454317681.jpg

post-3075-0-49636400-1454317705.jpg

post-3075-0-38512000-1454317720.jpg

• Like 5

Touring2.0 still running like poo so took to another garage since my usual guys didn't seem interested. Comes up with cam sensor fault, replace sensor with new, comes up with cam sensor fault still. So he's checking pin outputs for correct data and continuity in loom I presume. Was ment to hear back this afternoon but never did. Tomorrow hopefully! Would be nice to have it running at 2.8l power instead of what feels like half that.

Fixed the rear centre seatbelt on the 320d. Bugger of a job, and it seems not an unusual problem.

Symptoms are a seatbelt that seems to hang correctly, but does not withdraw from the reel at all. The mechanism is designed to lock when the seat is folded, and unlock when raised. Problems occur when the seat is 'enthusiastically' locked back into position after being folded.

I had to remove the seatback, then remove the back of the seat so I could get to the mech. That's the difficult bit - I was able to 'persuade' the mechanism to release the belt and even after refitting, it still works as it should.

I'm going to get a new belt button as the currently fitted one appears damaged and is perhaps allowing the belt to wind back too far.

Made some more progress on the e21, got the bonnet fitted properly, got the heater fan sorted, changed out the coil so there are sparks, and powdercoated the rocker cover, also fitted the alternator, and discovered an oil leak in the sump gasket! Gotta love old cars. :)

post-17842-0-03416900-1454907104_thumb.j

• Like 5

E38 upper windscreen seal replaced, as was the cowl under the wipers, massive improvement in tidying up the screen.

$170 well spent thank you BMW NZ

Replaced outer ball joint on my E46. All DIYs recommend replacing g the whole arm which was going to cost $200 . Instead I pressed out the old one (broke through the swaged portion), and pressed in one from an E36. No more slop.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

nothing whatsoever to any of the cars, spend the whole weekend with the grand kids,

and now I am totally stuffed.

• Like 6

Wife's 328i recently had drive shaft UV joint replacement. Drive line vibration gone completely.

Here's to the next 100k kms.... Or X5 replacement

m50 (and 325i rear subframe, zf gearbox) swapped my friends m44 e36 318is

• Like 3

Well today I reassembled them, but over the past few months I've been slowly working away at them.

post-41073-0-69124400-1455181088.jpg

post-41073-0-04044500-1455181100.jpg

Edited by Kepes
  • Like 9

Thats really impressive Toby.

What products did you use?

I've got some Tan seats and I was thinking about changing the color on them to either Mocha or Cheerywood.

• Like 1

Repaired a CD stacker over the last couple of days, it needed a bit of clean out, slightly too much dust on the plastic gears for me. I regreased them and did a full recap of the board, it took a good few hours to document their specs, remove, clean the board and solder in new ones. A lot of their locations are near ICs which don't like heat, so plenty of care is required.

This one had a CD jammed inside the player mechanism. It seems the deteriorating caps on the control board were causing this issue, other stackers I've fixed including my own usually start with poor tracking and skipping, especially on higher number tracks.

12733502_10208632161306637_2795489867546

• Like 4

Thats really impressive Toby.

What products did you use?

I've got some Tan seats and I was thinking about changing the color on them to either Mocha or Cheerywood.

Thanks Dave! I too was very impressed. They look even better in person... you'll see them next weekend :)

I used paulfordleatherproducts.co.nz . Paul is a fantastic guy who genuinely wants you to get the best results possible. Very helpful and his products are even better.

If you send him an email I'm sure he'll be able to help you. He makes his own products including the dye so I'm confident he could do any colour

Edited by Kepes
  • Like 1

New gearbox in the e30. Even got the reverse lights to work. Gearbox is smooth as butter, I used redline shockproof gear oil and changed my diff oil too. Used castrol axle 90 for lsd diffs. That lsd goodness. Took the e30 for a long drive. After almost two months of no driving the battery was actually gone with the wind. 8 year old battery too so not bad. Rang my old man up and he brought me a new battery from the shop so I could get going. Nothing like a cruise with the top down on a hot summers night ;)

Posted Image

• Like 6

Jealous bro next time we catch up keen to swap cars if you are see what the baur is like you can take the cabby

• Like 1

New gearbox in the e30. Even got the reverse lights to work. Gearbox is smooth as butter, I used redline shockproof gear oil and changed my diff oil too. Used castrol axle 90 for lsd diffs. That lsd goodness. Took the e30 for a long drive. After almost two months of no driving the battery was actually gone with the wind. 8 year old battery too so not bad. Rang my old man up and he brought me a new battery from the shop so I could get going. Nothing like a cruise with the top down on a hot summers night ;)

What made you choose the oil you did over red line MTL? Just curious

What made you choose the oil you did over red line MTL? Just curious 

Upon some advice from some older BMW guru's. Also the fella I bought the box from said thats what he ran in it too. Good stuff it seems

Jealous bro next time we catch up keen to swap cars if you are see what the baur is like you can take the cabby

Haha keen