Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

New gearbox in the e30. Even got the reverse lights to work. Gearbox is smooth as butter, I used redline shockproof gear oil and changed my diff oil too. Used castrol axle 90 for lsd diffs. That lsd goodness. Took the e30 for a long drive. After almost two months of no driving the battery was actually gone with the wind. 8 year old battery too so not bad. Rang my old man up and he brought me a new battery from the shop so I could get going. Nothing like a cruise with the top down on a hot summers night ;)

Ohhh, nice work bud! Coming along just fine.

Must pop out and see you and the E30 again soon!

• Like 1

Passenger side just about don, just sanding and under coating,

post-3075-0-22393000-1455439158.jpg

post-3075-0-79900200-1455439177.jpg

post-3075-0-99282800-1455439196.jpg

post-3075-0-32304900-1455439214.jpg

post-3075-0-06217900-1455439235.jpg

post-3075-0-61408900-1455439257.jpg

post-3075-0-83090500-1455439293.jpg

post-3075-0-34417700-1455502331.jpg

post-3075-0-71316500-1455502348.jpg

Edited by bmrmad
  • Like 1

Well today I reassembled them, but over the past few months I've been slowly working away at them. 

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 24585632379_402f10c491_k.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif sdefgsfsdf.jpg

Dont happen to have a spare set of those do ya? Haha
  • Like 1

Ohhh, nice work bud! Coming along just fine.

Must pop out and see you and the E30 again soon!

Yes Dave you definitely must. Now the e46 is for sale. The e30 bug has got me! Need more money to throw at it and also for the wedding

Went to zebra and pilidged a 540i for conversion parts and picked up a nice 2.93 diff from sd European ?

• Like 3

Looked at it and noticed how many dents it has and how iffy the paint is in certainly lights.

Sigh...

• Like 1

Hans that looks a lot like the AC Schnitzer arch caps

• Like 1

Gave one of the project cars a good clean, polish and wax so it doesn't look so abused.

Still a couple things to fix and a 2nd set of wheels will go on once I get time to fit the tyres, pretty happy with how it's tidied up :)

post-2618-0-28316400-1456037791_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Another project lol. Started wet sanding after painting the bonnet a couple weeks back.

Next up, manual conversion!

post-2618-0-94204200-1456038253.jpeg

• Like 1

Gave one of the project cars a good clean, polish and wax so it doesn't look so abused.

Still a couple things to fix and a 2nd set of wheels will go on once I get time to fit the tyres, pretty happy with how it's tidied up :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That's looking mint bro! Wanna do mine? lol.

Brought a trolley jack (finally) for the E36... just a 2.5t SCA jobbie but it's low and strong (and f'ing heavy). Will do the trick and save some winding.

Also disassembled one of my Recaro SR3's in prep for getting them cleaned up and reupholstered, not too difficult after all.

• Like 2

Went to the Shannon car show in the 740i and met up with some of the Welly and Palmy guys. Then had a nice drive up the Saddle rd and a hoon on the way down..lol

Awesome day.

Thanks to Olaf for organizing.

post-17205-0-06832700-1456041292_thumb.j

• Like 9

Today I'm not ding anything to the 320d. I've taken it to a Very Nice Man to have the front wheel bearings replaced.

It's a job I'm sure I could do, but it's also one of those (or so I'm told) jobs that either go well, or are an absolute... 'devil' to sort. I really didn't want to get a hub mostly to pieces and find I couldn't quite get the last bits sorted, leaving a car in bits and off the road.

Did some polishing of my Kidneys

post-51421-0-72689100-1456103844_thumb.j

post-51421-0-20609800-1456103843_thumb.j

Not quite finished yet

Edited by eliongater
  • Like 3

Got back from the annual holiday, 1500kms in the wife e36 328i , can't believe that it achieved 700kms on a tank, 4 up with the boot filled to within one wafer of capacity.

Non M suspension soaked up the bumps well. Might scrap the x5 replacement idea of another year ....

• Like 3

^ thats really impressive fuel economy considering the weight!

I did about 780kms in my 330i msport sedan a few years ago but with just me and one passenger.

• Like 1

The 320d has a WoF.

I had A.N.Other person replace the front wheel bearings for me, but have also replaced both lower control arms (one needed doing - do both) and both lower control arm rear mounts (may as well, although they weren't too bad).

Also replaced the brake sensor cable as fitted to the right rear caliper. Last time I did it I obviously left a little too much slack and it wore completely through when (probably) touching the rim. That won't happen again.

Next up - steering rack gaiter(s). One scraped through the WoF, but it will be replaced ASAP.

sorted the random looseness in my e46 sports seats, little T25 bolt up under the seat back side bolster material was loose, bit of a mongrel to locate. all good now after puling seat out and tightening all loose nuts and bolts.

El Cabron Fib-re

n6wf1i.jpg

jpzjpj.jpg

104oidk.jpg

this was a while ago. trying on some shoes :)

jtpfz8.jpg

Edited by Docile

One step forward, many steps back on the touring2.0. Alarm decided it would just start going off for no reason all of a sudden. Unplugged bonnet sensor since it wasn't contacting properly as many others have done, battery was a bit flat so charged it, Still does it. So is currently sitting unlocked in my drive untill I sort it.

Finally got it back last week, didn't like the non genuine cam sensor and vanos didn't have enough movment. I thought I had the sprocket wound all the way round since the vanos unit came out but previous person hadn't done it properly last time and was gammied up so was hard to get it right round.

So I thought I'd be good and give it a full tank of gas and actually be able to drive it. Bad idea! Leaks like a sift out the top somewhere. Another thing to sort once it's nearly empty I guess.

Oh and still not running right, still well down on power. Feels like a vacuum leak, can hear a whistling noise as idle/low revs and stalls when stopped at lights some times, more so when ac is on. Which seems to be the only thing working great.

Oyea, now "check brake lights" keeps coming up every second day even though they're all fine, and I've checked and cleaned all contacts.

Oyea, now "check brake lights" keeps coming up every second day even though they're all fine, and I've checked and cleaned all contacts.

Add a brake light switch to your list of issues then? :P

Add a brake light switch to your list of issues then? :P

Replaced yesterday so hopefully that fixes that issue.

Found a small vac leak from the dipstick tube so sorted that yesterday using my awesome smoke test kit made from a Powerade bottle, a can of test smoke and an air compressor with lots of tape.

The whistling noise is the oil/air seperator valve, does it just about idle for about 500rpm then goes away. Is that normal? Is brand new btw.

Still does its stalling thing. Does it every time reversing into my drive, even when in neutral just rolling backwards into it which is the weird part. Don't know if it's when I'm applying the brakes that's making it stall or not. Seems really weird. Icv needed cleaned out maybe? Not opening or shutting correctly?