Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

318Ci - fog light bulbs.

Coolant flange woes...

Got the broken-off piece of a coolant flange out of the unreachable part of the back of the M43 in the 318Ci.

Changed the oil and filter on Mrs M's Baur.

Had some thoughts about what to do next.

Got it dirty. 

37725443_10155319823997693_58510275048898560_o.jpg

Edited by Jacko

On 8/2/2017 at 9:08 AM, TermiPeteNZ said:

Isn't that just feckin annoying? ?

will chase up Wheel Magician re Club deal.....

I am the owner of the Wheel Magician - If you would like to discuss, please give me a call (see our website for contact details).  Cheers Alan

Refitted the coolant flange on the back of the 318Ci engine.

7 hours ago, alanthomas007 said:

I am the owner of the Wheel Magician - If you would like to discuss, please give me a call (see our website for contact details).  Cheers Alan

Thanks Alan - I'll give you a call! :)

picked up an ABS unit for the M5, will get it swapped on Monday and send my unit away to get repaired. 

Bought a cheap as chips m52b28 (In a car)AC473A0A-97CD-448B-8C99-C479027E09D4.thumb.jpeg.48fbc70a93088fbcbd574e7e66c2dbd1.jpeg

Will be using that as a base to build the b30 rather than the m52b25 in my E36. Forgot to check the diff ratio but will probable steal the rear subframe and half shafts (upgrade on the 2.5 gear??) too.

Whole idea is I can then swap out the b25 and drop the new engine on the same day.

Havent bitten the bullet yet but am tempted the buy m50NV cams to pair with the M54b30 intake cam and m50 mani I’ve gathered.

Also managed to find an m20 single mass flywheel for free. Need to dig around for a starter, but pretty sure I’ve got one stashed away somewhere.

What’s the clutch/PP/TO bearing combo req for the m20 fly on an m52?

Started this fun, front first then rear ...

0737D32E-A82C-4B85-ACF2-6DD15B71FDF2.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice, always good when you have a big pile of new parts to fit.

Introduced the race car to the angle grinder version of the Jenny Craig diet and started cutting any un-necessary brackets, etc off the car. Not quite brave enough to start the process of cutting the bodywork just yet, building up to that part slowly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Nice, always good when you have a big pile of new parts to fit.

Not when you work on vehicles every other day of the week?

Introduced the race car to the angle grinder version of the Jenny Craig diet and started cutting any un-necessary brackets, etc off the car. Not quite brave enough to start the process of cutting the bodywork just yet, building up to that part slowly.

Come on Jon, braven up - the season is looming up...

got a pair of nice shiny new pilot sport 4s for the back of the M5, unfortunately the M5 is still up on a hoist trying to get the ABS fault sorted so i can't try them out until tomorrow. ?

14 hours ago, aja540i said:

got a pair of nice shiny new pilot sport 4s for the back of the M5, unfortunately the M5 is still up on a hoist trying to get the ABS fault sorted so i can't try them out until tomorrow. ?

Did you get a chance to "get your money's worth" from the old ones??? ;)

Washed my baby ready for Sunday :rolleyes:, came inside.................   bugger me it's raining :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Allanw said:

Did you get a chance to "get your money's worth" from the old ones??? ;)

No, car was stuck on a hoist while they were being swapped, have put the old ones on some spare rims for a rainy day! ;)

• Sad 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, hotwire said:

Come on Jon, braven up - the season is looming up...

Bloody good job I haven't started cutting into my bodywork, it seems just about every part I have ordered has been badly delayed in some way, so what was already a tight timescale is now an impossible one. I now need to go back to the drawing-board and work out a way forwards that doesn't involve too much putting it back together to pull it all apart again, any more $$$s and means I can go racing this season.

Not too fussed about making the Icebreaker meeting, but really want to be part of the HD500 event in October, need to see what I can to do make this happen.

Best laid plans and all that stuff... fuggit.

So went and scraped off some more underseal and got all melancholy.

17 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Today I Made the bimmer watch me repair the Subaru.

59167C21-5E2C-40B7-BECA-6801BC774039.png562DF208-DB93-4862-B25F-28D4995A4C4C.pngBE56E9A9-57D9-42DD-82D7-23951FD9FABF.png

the Bimmer spent the whole time wearing smugface.

Well guys Driver training on Sat 11th at Hampton Downs was existing to say the least. (More photo on my project page)

1692325155_20180811_131714(Small).jpg.d9619f62c004efc36c334281ab50f85d.jpg434060758_BSCloseup(Small).jpg.e528e58d0fd2708d849678ae1c030a5e.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sweetm3 said:

Well guys Driver training on Sat 11th at Hampton Downs was existing to say the least. (More photo on my project page)

Where's this project page?

I looked at the end of the thread, not the beginning.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

used about a quarter of a tank of BPs finest blowing cobwebs out of the M5, good to remind myself why i put up with its drama sometimes!!

• Like 6

Haven't done anythingof note today. 

But this week on the race car I have done the RTABs, made a new hard clutch line, almost finished the interior loom, new rocker cover gasket and repaint, will be doing the oil pump nut this week. 

The mongrel old m50 sounds lovely with its straight pipe Flaxmere spec exhaust 

X5 got its at least once a week wash. 

Put new radiator hoses on the morris, will rebuild the generator and replace the spring shackle bushes this week too

Edited by dirtydoogle