Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

2 minutes ago, C-130 Hercules said:

It doesn't do its job? 

I just find it’s quite a bit of faffing around for a car gets kept clean in general (E30).

And then when I used it on the absolutely filthy white F31 it’s didn’t really do enough to bother setting up the power washer etc.

Will stick to simple two bucket wash.

• Like 1

I found the Karcher snow foam bottle thing a bit faff. Doesn't make the foam nearly thick enough to do its job, way too watery and the foam runs straight off. A proper foam lance would definitely make a difference but a good one is something like $150+ compared to $40-50 for the Karcher...

1 hour ago, Vass said:

I found the Karcher snow foam bottle thing a bit faff. Doesn't make the foam nearly thick enough to do its job, way too watery and the foam runs straight off. A proper foam lance would definitely make a difference but a good one is something like $150+ compared to $40-50 for the Karcher...

Possibly, I thought it seemed thick enough.

Just an extra step at end of the day I don’t need - E30 is washed probably 2-3 times a month and is covered in Carpro Hydro2 at all times.

I believe when done correctly the foam should be thick and almost kinda globby, not runny, and should look white, not like you sprayed some soap on the paint. Either way, i concur, never found it that useful and just adds a step I cant be bothered doing. My fancy foam cannon and foam reside at the very back of my cabinet now.

@Sammo would it be worth looking at a proper ceramic coating for your E30? 

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1

@KwS might look at that if I respray (most or all of it) it next year 

Im the same, snow foam seems to be mostly hype... I only do it now if caked in sh*t.. and even then I dont think it does much other than make the drain all soapy...

• Like 1

I find it helps soften dirt to some degree if you follow up with the water blaster. Works well to spray diluted cleaning products on houses, caravans etc.

Halo ring bulb replacement on (my former) E91 that I'm titivating - this job is an absolute PIA, with thanks to Jon @Spinner99.

Wheel off / liner off / light cover off then dremeling a hole in the bulb housing as they'd made it one time use from the factory.

Great to get rid of the dreaded exclamation mark of doom from the dash though...useful PDF guide attached if anyone else needs to tackle this one.

IMG_6335.thumb.jpeg.e79c58f913521f60e0fb76bea363b6b9.jpeg

E90 Halo Change 3.pdf

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Spinner99 said:

Question of the day - how long does it take to change a lightbulb on a BMW? :) 

If it's at an authorised BMW workshop then you may need to pay for a full hour of labour, but with that you'll get a description of the fault readout (no you can't get a copy), and a list of remedial parts that may or may not need replacing.

Edited by M3AN
  • Haha 2