Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Speed tolerance this weekend...

Has been lowered to 5km.

I got stopped for speeding...106km in a 100km zone and got a speeding ticket...

Just thought i'd let everyone know, as i had heard nothing so maybe others have also not heard :blink:

Has been lowered to 5km.

I got stopped for speeding...106km in a 100km zone and got a speeding ticket...

Just thought i'd let everyone know, as i had heard nothing so maybe others have also not heard :blink:

yes they are doing the same as they did at Queens birthday.

That explains why everyone was doing 90 on the motorway today.....

yes they are doing the same as they did at Queens birthday.

Yeah i remember...though don't recall hearing about it before this weekend!

Edit: as soon as i posted i heard a news add on tv, saying police are blitzing this weekend :ph34r:

Edited by cliffdunedin

Sigh... this again.

How many years until they make this 4km/h tolerance all year round I wonder?

/\ OP im sure you mean the tolerance has been changed to 4km/h not 5

Everyone on the motorway this morning was going at a ridic slow speed, didn't click til now :P

It is a 4kph tolerance which in my opinion is far too low.

Dam it, a hell of a lot of speedo's have more than a 4kph variation on actual speed and that's in new cars. My speedo is about 5kph slower than the speed shown on my GPS. The fact that I have 18" wheels probably accounts for this and I will have to travel 5ks below the speed limit this weekend. Bugga!

/\ OP im sure you mean the tolerance has been changed to 4km/h not 5

Everyone on the motorway this morning was going at a ridic slow speed, didn't click til now :P

oops yep 4 km.

It is a 4kph tolerance which in my opinion is far too low.

Dam it, a hell of a lot of speedo's have more than a 4kph variation on actual speed and that's in new cars. My speedo is about 5kph slower than the speed shown on my GPS. The fact that I have 18" wheels probably accounts for this and I will have to travel 5ks below the speed limit this weekend. Bugga!

Yeah mine is out about 5 km, so sitting at 110km i thought i was all good. imo that tolerance is not enough esp if you are trying to sit at 100kmh its a crazy balancing act, even on cruise control if you go down a hill it will take a bit too adjust.

I just drive at 110. Have gone past plenty of cops in both my E30 & my Mrs Primera wagon at 105-110 and they didnt turn around. I think you may find a minority of the cops dont care and want to hit real speeders. I also find when Im in 80k zones I get away with 85-90. All of this was from the last time they had this rule (Queens BDay).

I just drive at 110. Have gone past plenty of cops in both my E30 & my Mrs Primera wagon at 105-110 and they didnt turn around. I think you may find a minority of the cops dont care and want to hit real speeders. I also find when Im in 80k zones I get away with 85-90. All of this was from the last time they had this rule (Queens BDay).

You will probally find your speedos are reading high. E30 speedo's are notorious for it.

I just drove from hamilton to whakatane and didnt see a single cop. Just one speed camera van at the bottom of the kaimais, wasnt even hidden very well.

I HATE traffic cops - total waste of oxygen. When I hear of mates getting burgled and being told they have to wait 3 days for an investigator because of "lack of resources" - these radar gun jockeys piss me off.

I guess they need to capture some revenue before the Xmas break so they have cash for bonuses.

If it wasn't about revenue, then get rid of the $$ fines and just have demerit points!

Anyway, was out all morning and didn't see one of these losers anywhere. I saw a sign saying "more police around this weekend".

Haven't seen any.

Pack of revenue gathering thieves!

Invest in some cheap insurance ( good radar detector ) only way to defeat this crap. for yourself at least

Or just don;t speed...

+1

Speed, get ticket = don't moan.

Out of interest .. how many points do you score for 5-6ks over the limit?

I saw a sign saying "more police around this weekend".

Haven't seen any.

Yeah, saw a electronic sign saying the same thing at the bottom of the kaimais.

saw a C class and an e46 pulled over just past ellerslie on ramp at 8.40 in the morning.

Sure, you speed, you get a ticket. Not what i was talking about...

It's more that there is a shortage of cops to investigate actual crime, yet there are plenty out collecting money.

They have failed anyway, we have two dead already. Very sad. The message the cops send out is that you are safe if you drive slowly, rather than promote driver education.

A crap driver driving slowly is still a crap driver.

That explains why everyone was doing 90 on the motorway today.....

so, faster than normal?

people usually sit on 70 to 80kph on the motorways here :(

yep, just like this lady who properly stopped at a stop sign and then decided to pull out just as I was about to go past ... not only did she cut me off and I had to do some very heavy braking, she also did this very slowly (she was probably doing no more than 5kph across the intersection)

+1

Speed, get ticket = don't moan.

Out of interest .. how many points do you score for 5-6ks over the limit?

points and $30.00 dollars fine

Sure, you speed, you get a ticket. Not what i was talking about...

It's more that there is a shortage of cops to investigate actual crime, yet there are plenty out collecting money.

They have failed anyway, we have two dead already. Very sad. The message the cops send out is that you are safe if you drive slowly, rather than promote driver education.

So every person who is involved in a crash, be it fatal or not, is somehow the fault of the Police?

What a joke.

Edited by Josh_

Anyway, was out all morning and didn't see one of these losers anywhere. I saw a sign saying "more police around this weekend".

Haven't seen any.

Between chch and Dunedin, yesterday when I got stopped. I counted 27 cops/patrols/checkpoints... Maybe they are just hitting the south hard this time!?

I spotted a few last night, radar detector was very vocal lol

Didn't see any today though

They mostly hunt at night; mostly.