Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

This M3

That's a bit of an over-reaction to a pretty casual wind-up.

It must just be the southerners way I suppose, wasn't intending for it to be a harsh response. Is it because you North Islanders are soft? "p

Was the cab parked Cam? Buy the red one it's a better car

Is this the car that is on the yard in Nelson at the moment? It's super mint but I couldn't justify the extra 10k - would rather spend it on piss.

It must just be the southerners way I suppose, wasn't intending for it to be a harsh response. Is it because you North Islanders are soft? "p

Or is it that Southerners are a little thin skinned, and easily wound up?

(by the way, this is a wind up, nothing more)

Edited by Grant

Are M3 cabs slow, or do M3 cab drivers choose slow cars? ;)

You've all got the wrong idea about cabriolets.

Once you have the hood down, you can see all that beautiful scenery that you miss out on if you are driving a tin top.

You need to take things a little more slowly and sedately and appreciate what a beautiful country we live in.

There are more pleasures in life than just going hell bent for leather around a race track.

You've all got the wrong idea about cabriolets.

Once you have the hood down, you can see all that beautiful scenery that you miss out on if you are driving a tin top.

You need to take things a little more slowly and sedately and appreciate what a beautiful country we live in.

There are more pleasures in life than just going hell bent for leather around a race track.

I agree with this, and like this point of view.

I had a Boxster and it was great for a drive - yes Westy I'd label it more a fags car than the M3 seing the M3 has the sack to go with the stance :)

Yep that's the car I sold it 3 weeks ago owned it for 7 years it's a minter. Now completely BMW free thinking it's time for an Aston or a V8 M3 cab

Yep that's the car I sold it 3 weeks ago owned it for 7 years it's a minter. Now completely BMW free thinking it's time for an Aston or a V8 M3 cab

How is the new car?

I'm thinking even Commy sportswagons look appealing from the seat of the 540.

Was the cab parked Cam?

Nah it was their first time on a track and they were taking it easy - they very kindly moved over and let me by.

for a daily car how often does someone push their car to the absolute limit?

In an M3, arguably never. The limit is high.

If you like convertibles, buy one. Just accept that there's a significant portion of the BMW populace who don't see the point. I don't like them - its just not a feature I value highly (I do admit that driving in a Cab is like Wellington on a good day - very good when its good).

Just spoken to BMW here in Dunedin, they're strongly advising I get an EVO manual, not an SMG. He said for daily use they are jerky, and not very user friendly nor refined in the E36. Has anyone here owned one? Can they comment?

It does look like a beautiful car in very good condition, however does the fact this is a Hong Kong import not concern anyone?

Dad had a E46 M3 Cab. Only had one burger through at him in it.....

Late 90s Slk cabs were fag ( gay hairdresser cars ). M3's not =D

Dad had a E46 M3 Cab. Only had one burger through at him in it.....

Late 90s Slk cabs were fag ( gay hairdresser cars ). M3's not =D

SLK 55's although newer I'd have one of those. 5.4 litre V8 in a car that weighs less than a cup of coffee must be alot of fun.

I can't offer first hand advice, but I was looking at an E36 M3 a few years ago, and everything I was told and read about was to stay well clear of the 1st generation SMG in the E36 and try to find a manual if I could.

Just do it Clinton. Real fags have a Velorex 250 hidden in their garage and I doubt you have one.

Still not too sure, It's gonna be my daily so I don't want something that's going to be jerking around everywhere. WTF is a Velorex 250???

Google it....they are awesome, massive luxury cars.

Can't, I don't have access to the internet :P - What's google?

Don't be silly, that doesn't fool me!!!!!

They are another sublime vehicle from the Czech Republic....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velorex

Nothing on a Tatra 603 though... nom nom

It looks like a motorbike ran up the arse of a cow IMO. Not cool.

I think the only real way to see if you like A. an m3 B. An SMG C. A Vert.is to drive it.

Having driven SMG's and vert's and M3's of this age (but never the combo of all 3 at once) heres what I reckon.

The convertible is the biggest consideration over a coupe. Lacking the stiffness of the upper bodyshell means they do scuttle, and this can be annoying, except on a smooth road. The extra weight they weld in to make it stiffer is also noticable. Saying that thought theres nothing like the feel of driving an open top along a country road on a hot summers day listening to that 6 hitting 7K. Saab verts are cool too, because you pump the seat warmers and can drop the top on cold mint nights too. Round town that rocks too.

The SMG is different to driving a manual and I kind of liked the theory of it, and could see it would grow on you, but found the upshifts slower than i wanted. Not sure about servicing them.

And of course the M3 part is the no brainer, everyone here wants one.

Personally a 3.2 manual coupe with sunroof would be my pick. But I imagine thats what everyone wants too.

Saying that I like the look of this too, and reckon it would be years of fun.

Adding a sport exhaust would also make that thing sound even sweeter with the top down...