Sign in to follow this  
DarinD

Darin's 36

those breytons will look good when fitted, something a bit different.

I was in to see Zach and Alex at the shop yesterday and saw your wheels sitting there, I was about to steal them.. Nice man just make sure you tub it out like the black one in the photos above ;)

I was in to see Zach and Alex at the shop yesterday and saw your wheels sitting there, I was about to steal them.. Nice man just make sure you tub it out like the black one in the photos above ;)

Makes us even cause I wanted to drive away in your cabby! Saw it on the ground today with the new? wheels. Looked good. Lucky the wheels are back with me! Will be low, but definitely not as low as Will had them haha.

32s look nice, mate. Interested to see how the Breytons look when fitted.

Makes us even cause I wanted to drive away in your cabby! Saw it on the ground today with the new? wheels. Looked good. Lucky the wheels are back with me! Will be low, but definitely not as low as Will had them haha.

Haha yeah I went back in and couldnt find them.

Yeah just bought another set of wheels, my rs's didnt look racey enough. And got new shocks as my front ones were ffuuuaaarkd.

Cant wait to see it

32s look nice, mate. Interested to see how the Breytons look when fitted.

I think I'll chip away at the guards etc and fit them in time for summer haha!

Haha yeah I went back in and couldnt find them.

Yeah just bought another set of wheels, my rs's didnt look racey enough. And got new shocks as my front ones were ffuuuaaarkd.

Cant wait to see it

Agreed on the RS's. Current set sit much better! What shocks did you end up with out of curiosity?

Just placed an order on Schmiedmann for both the rear window seals as well as the upper and lower rear windscreen mouldings! $120NZD all up, can't complain.

Just placed an order on Schmiedmann for both the rear window seals as well as the upper and lower rear windscreen mouldings! $120NZD all up, can't complain.

That's not bad, Il be making the same order shortly, aswell as afew other bits and pieces to tidy the old girls up.

Pretty much the nicest e36 ive seen and i dont normally like e36's in general :D

those breytons will look good when fitted, something a bit different.

Don't know how I missed this comment... Yep definitely something different for the scene here! Much like your wagon :D

Pretty much the nicest e36 ive seen and i dont normally like e36's in general :D

Hahaha made my day! Top bloke.

And here is a better pic of the wheel colour on the car.

post-6404-1369641648.png

That's not bad, Il be making the same order shortly, aswell as afew other bits and pieces to tidy the old girls up.

Definitely worth doing at that price! Also ordered me some alcantara gaiters of ebay. Couldn't pull the trigger on the ZHP knob though :mellow: $120USD.

max camber and skinny tires and bit more of a drop and you have it sitting perfect!

Nice car mate. Agree on what Yongxi said but that's my taste =)

Agree wholeheartedly with both of you. I have decided for the BC Golds (unless anyone has a better suggestion,XYZ?), and will prob have them soonish. Coils + Cert= $2000!!!

Agree wholeheartedly with both of you. I have decided for the BC Golds (unless anyone has a better suggestion,XYZ?), and will prob have them soonish. Coils + Cert= $2000!!!

I'm not a fan of that camber and skinny look as a rule on me own car but that aside, I can't fault my XYZ coilovers. Your e36 wont accept a traditional coilover setup in the back, are you going to run the 2pc setup or modify the shock mounts to take the weight? At $2k guessing it's the 2pc setup huh? When you go for cert make sure it's at the height you will want long term and with the wheels you want or it's a $500 change of mind (+fines to convince you to spend that if applicable lol)

O dang this was the plan when i find the right E36. The BC Golds seem to get very low with pretty good reviews online.

I'm not a fan of that camber and skinny look as a rule on me own car but that aside, I can't fault my XYZ coilovers. Your e36 wont accept a traditional coilover setup in the back, are you going to run the 2pc setup or modify the shock mounts to take the weight? At $2k guessing it's the 2pc setup huh? When you go for cert make sure it's at the height you will want long term and with the wheels you want or it's a $500 change of mind (+fines to convince you to spend that if applicable lol)

Not into extreme camber and stretch either but a lil can't hurt right! :lol: I'd assume it is the two piece set up, although good question, neverreally confirmed it. And yeah might roll aroundtweaking it for a few days before I cert it! Better to be sure! Sounds like you had a fine or two haha??

O dang this was the plan when i find the right E36. The BC Golds seem to get very low with pretty good reviews online.

Hahaha the E46 couldn't win over an E36 fan ae?? Yup only heard good things about the BC's! Had a mate spend a grand on JOM's for his e46 with average results. Rather pay the extra $500 for the quality and comfort.

On another note, anyone wanna split shipping on ZHP knobs?? :rolleyes: Takes a bit of an edge of the price!

On another note, anyone wanna split shipping on ZHP knobs?? :rolleyes: Takes a bit of an edge of the price!

Maybe. Will depend on how much difference it makes

*Edit. Would prefer the illuminated one if it's possible to go combo with shipping

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Not into extreme camber and stretch either but a lil can't hurt right! :lol: I'd assume it is the two piece set up, although good question, neverreally confirmed it. And yeah might roll aroundtweaking it for a few days before I cert it! Better to be sure! Sounds like you had a fine or two haha??

Hahaha the E46 couldn't win over an E36 fan ae?? Yup only heard good things about the BC's! Had a mate spend a grand on JOM's for his e46 with average results. Rather pay the extra $500 for the quality and comfort.

nope no fines for me but i know plenty of people that have. have ended up paying more in fines on one night than the cost to get it certed in the first place.

keen on a zhp but again, want an illuminated ///M 6spd

Maybe. Will depend on how much difference it makes

*Edit. Would prefer the illuminated one if it's possible to go combo with shipping

keen on a zhp but again, want an illuminated ///M 6spd

Will do a bit of researching and contact a few suppliers and get back to you!

nope no fines for me but i know plenty of people that have. have ended up paying more in fines on one night than the cost to get it certed in the first place.

Will definitely run a cert. Wonder how strict they are about height adjusting though. Know anyone who has been measured roadside??

I have about 4 times in my old silvia. i think there's a percentage that you can go lower than your cert for full loaded car?

I have about 4 times in my old silvia. i think there's a percentage that you can go lower than your cert for full loaded car?

Good to know so that I can avoid it haha.

Got in my new handbrake and shift gaiters. Alcantara ordered from topgaiters on ebay. They are excellent to deal with and for $30NZD, I can't fault them.

post-6404-1370397967.jpg

post-6404-1370397973.jpg

To:

post-6404-1370397978.jpg

post-6404-1370397983.jpg

Also I have a spare suede set for an E36 from a previous order (much prefer the alcantara) that is free to a good home.

E: Sorry for iPhone pics in crappy lighting.

Edited by Darin.

sorry just saw this

Will definitely run a cert. Wonder how strict they are about height adjusting though. Know anyone who has been measured roadside??

yes plenty. usually you get a pink sticker for coils but no cert, it is a green sticker if you have cert but incorrect height, unless excessively out/low.

but that said my front is outside tolerance currently, but no troubles. it has a cert and not excessively low. its about the rideheight an M5 would be. i didnt have time to find a good setup before going for cert, so all the playing around to get to the setup i have now i did after cert and just so happens its slighlty lower than the plate says.

5%. and that allowance is for what you saying if it is fully loaded or not uneven ground etc. It shouldnt be interpreted as lower it 5% past cert and then put a full tank of gas in/people etc which is what some people try and justify on the side of the road and do not get a favourable result.

Onto next order of business... The rear window seals are driving me nuts everytime I see them!! Wonder if its a DIY job...

post-6404-1368677469.jpg

Been there, done that.

Easier if you take that side window out (remove nut behind the seat belt adjustment thing on upper B-pillar), and while you replace the bottom rubber, might as well change the upper curve piece.