Sign in to follow this  
DarinD

Darin's 36

Justin pretty much nailed it. Photo didn't really show full extent but I don't have any others. In addition to bumper, bootlid and lights, both rear quarter panels were pushed outwards, muffler took a bit of a hit too etc. For a car that had an agreed value of $7000, not worth the repair in their opinion I guess.

Wouldn't call the pay out good or bad. Nor is it gonna pay for the M3 but figured it's as good a reason as any to upgrade.

7k is a good agreed value imo! Anyways. Onto bigger and better things! Gl with the search

If you got $7k less an excess you did a lot better than me selling mine.

• Like 1

Old bmw, doesn't take much these days Steve. Someone on facey were parting out a mint e28 that had minor frontal damage, needed new bumper, valance and maybe grill and lights and that was a write off.

Such a waste of a car. Gutted as

i so agree its a dam good looking car or was at least insurance companies dont quit have the same passion as the owner sadly

• Like 1

Thats why i have my cars insured with classic cover..... they are car people and are much more likely to try and rebuild than replace

No excess as I wasn't at fault. It's about what I think the car was worth, being a manual, and with the vaders and coilovers. Was certed too. Using it as a chance to upgrade!

Nick, any chance you're looking to sell soon :ph34r:

Nick, any chance you're looking to sell soon :ph34r:

Ha, not really. But on the plus side there seems to be quite a few on the market ATM.

As you are a highly educated and enlightened individual that understands the advantages of SMG you are in a great position to scoop one up!

There's only three on trademe at the moment I believe. There was plenty a couple weeks back, they seem to have been snapped up!

Thats why i have my cars insured with classic cover..... they are car people and are much more likely to try and rebuild than replace

Ah, I think I remember setting you up with insurance actually. That car list looks familiar. 205 powered by an mi16?

While we are car people through and through, we have to remember that insurance companies are run by beancounters at the end of the day, so the economics of a situation tends to rule when it comes to repair versus value of the vehicle.

Darin, sorry to hear! E36s never appealed to me, but your one did. Good luck with parting it out and I hope you don't get too many crackheads expressing interest.