Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Bimmersporters motorcycles.

Current bike is a Ducati 748R which I've had for the last 8 years or so. Have done everything from touring on it to trackdays and Hillclimbs Saw a fantastic movie on the weekend called TT3D: Closer to the Edge. It follows a rider through the Isle of Man TT race. The movie is only on for a short time so catch it while you can.

RIP Gary (left in pic)

post-797-1315264009.jpg

Edited by Neal

07' GSXR600 - brought her brand new and got stolen about 9 months later.

Posted Image

09' GSXR750 - brought her with 1200km's on it. Ran for about a year then sold it.

Posted Image

Waiting until i get back from South America then will look at buying a dedicated track bike.

Edited by rookie

Thread dig haha.

From this.

post-3653-1360990712.jpg

To this. Yes that is brown & copper & gold leaf.

post-3653-1360990725.jpg

put those gaitors back on.The diameter of those fork legs is scary!

Edited by kiwi535

No pictures of them and was a few years back now since I owned one or even rode do have some good memories.

Started with a 185 Suzuki trail bike used this to try out motor cross.

125 XL Honda bit under powered.

175 XL Honda nice power but a bit heavy to remove from a tight spot.

250 trials bike wasn't quick but heeps of grunt got into and out of a lot of tight spots on this bike

350 x4 Honda this was the only street bike I owned was really after a 500 x4 at the time.

put those gaitors back on.The diameter of those fork legs is scary!

I would IF i could find some for 31mm forks, they're made of 'un-obtainiun', like most of the bits on the bike haha.

'un-obtainiun', is that one of those new fangle plastic they make these days :P:lol:

I would IF i could find some for 31mm forks, they're made of 'un-obtainiun', like most of the bits on the bike haha.

How about these un-obtainiuns

Awesome, what is that rear seat off? Or is it the standard one? Looks different in the after pics.

I have one of these in the shed, works great.

post-2173-1361135495.jpg

1938 Sun Autocycle.

2 Stroke, you pedal it like a pushbike, hold the decompression lever, drop the clutch and the motor starts. Runs on the smell of an oily rag.

Still runing the original Pink Spark plug that you can dismantle and clean etc.

Sweet Ride :ph34r:

This is my new addition to family, a 2002 WR426F. Got over the restoration bobber relatively quickly as I want something I can ride now! Going to road register and get sumo setup for her.

post-2821-1361183481.jpg

Time to bring this thread back alive since I have moved my interest from BMW's to bikes.

Recently bought a XV250 ( same as Kerry's) and turned it into a bobber.

Here are some photos:

null_zps3dfb4329.jpg

null_zpsbe5b9fe5.jpg

Got some clubman bars on the way and then I am done :)

@ Tristan, Yes this is my first bike! It is indeed very good to learn on!

@Glenn, Yep Solved! I think the rain destroyed one of the spark plugs so only 1 cylinder was running but installed 2 new plugs and now it runs amazing again, Thanks for all you and wayne's help!

• Like 1

Currently Part way through a street fighter build on a mc14 cbr250. Have previously had an fzr250 and a hyosung GT. Loved the yammie, hated the hyo

I love bikes, always have since a kid!! Had lots of different big-bore trail / ATV's over the years, & got into road bikes about 10 yrs ago, of which I've had 3 - 906, 907, & then a ST2 Ducati........

Another Ducati is on my 'hit-list' for 2014 - I'd happily go another ST - a 3 is my preference, but will see whats around @ the time......... ;):) I just pine for one all the time at the moment - Glenn being a ba$tard by putting up that pic doesn't help............... :) (Sold my last one, & various other toys to help with a house purchase............)

I've worked in various motorcycle shops at times over the years, & Japanese road bikes don't interest me really.............they're really good, but to me they have no 'heart or soul' to them...........and I'd probably give up bikes before I ever own a Harley or a Gold-Wing............each to their own though.

Edited by Blue-540i

91 vfr400 nc30.. first road bike.

Its a bit pink, will repaint it one day.

post-5710-0-54575000-1387584326.jpg

Edited by polley

Some nice bikes being posted. I'm still on the old faithful GN250. Really should get around to getting my full licence so i can upgrade.

• Like 1

I'm in the middle of building something very very similar to this but 2-stroke. I've found myself leaning more & more towards smokers. Just have a liking for under 200cc 2-strokes.

post-3653-0-04970900-1387842161.jpg

Some nice bikes being posted. I'm still on the old faithful GN250. Really should get around to getting my full licence so i can upgrade.

I should get around to actually getting a license haha, VFR isnt LAMS approved though so still wouldnt be allowed to ride it until I get my full which is really annoying.

There is supposed to be new law coming in where there isnt any time wait between getting your learners and restricted... it will be competency based. Not that theres any difference between your learners and restricted anyway, just dont have to have an L plate, and no one puts those on anyways.

hrrm over revved the VFR accidently and it threw a valve shim out and a retainer... still rode it home it home 40 odd km as I was in the middle of no where with no phone. lucky it didnt drop the valve, so wont take much to get going again.