Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Our new road rules- giving way

Got them all right except one, I refuse to give way to cyclists regardless of the give way rules. Maybe when they pay registration and don't ride so slow

That's some good logic right there...

So when you start paying as much as a truck or bus, then they will have to give way to you??? But not until then.

You also don't give way to old ladies crossing the road? She's got no plates either.

If EVERYONE drove their car with one person in it, instead of any alternative, you'd be going a LOT slower!

Seems the mentality of some people will tarnish the good car enthusiasts.

Seems to apply more to some makes than others.

You take a risk when you're on the road regardless of what vehicle you're in or on and not everyone lives in Auckland where cycling isn't a great option. Seems the mentality of some people will tarnish the good car enthusiasts.

At least in a car I have some form of protection from the masses of idiots on our roads. As a cyclist you have near none. IMO it just is not worth the risk.

test was easy, new road rules are simple as

but was scary how many people at work were very confused and were looking at their screens sideways

I trust my abilities, I don't trust anyone else's though, but hey that's what insurance is for right?

Edited by Wom

Just remember.......if you're turning right, give way.

yea I said that to the lady who sits next to me who only got 3 questions right

and she said, "but in this one they're both turning right"

me, "um no they're not, look again"

about a minute later, the lady says, "oh yea you're right, I get my left and rights mixed up some times"

wtf?

kids learn left and right before they even go to primary school

geez no wonder people's give way skills are severely lacking

scarily.

I have a friend whom has to hold their hands up to work out left and right when instructed of a direction to take whilst driving.

If you are wondering - because the left hand makes an L when she holds it up.

I hate being her passenger.

I'm totally getting my bumper resprayed from free when some noob, noobs me.

scarily.

I have a friend whom has to hold their hands up to work out left and right when instructed of a direction to take whilst driving.

If you are wondering - because the left hand makes an L when she holds it up.

I hate being her passenger.

so they do! I learnt it from rotating both hands from the position you are describing outwards 45 degrees and the right hand makes a tick sign (right as in correct!)

so they do! I learnt it from rotating both hands from the position you are describing outwards 45 degrees and the right hand makes a tick sign (right as in correct!)

havent you ever seen clarkson make the LOSER sign?

just realised this comes in the same morning as the ghymkhana...

havent you ever seen clarkson make the LOSER sign?

just realised this comes in the same morning as the ghymkhana...

yeah just never twigged.

oh christ, sounds like there is a higher chance of damage getting there and back than while there!

really looking forward to that. sounding ever more like its going to be an assult on the poor m40b16 but so be it! it doesnt like 100km/h, especially all the way to the wairarapa

yeah just never twigged.

oh christ, sounds like there is a higher chance of damage getting there and back than while there!

really looking forward to that. sounding ever more like its going to be an assult on the poor m40b16 but so be it! it doesnt like 100km/h, especially all the way to the wairarapa

its not far for you....any thoughts of somewhere to meet besides maccas?

its not far for you....any thoughts of somewhere to meet besides maccas?

I moved to Alicetown now so a bit further than before!

ill move this off topic to the correct thread :)

scarily.

And yet... She can remember which way around to hold up her hands - palm up or palm down changes it... Dummer than a bag of hammers :blink:

is it just me or did anyone else notice the lady in scenario "3" trying to walk her child across the road, right in front of the 4x4 turning left???

Holding hand is a good start but what if the kid lurches forward/pulls away? Too close to the intersection and car!

I really do wonder sometimes...

Laurence

So who gives way at a round a bout if/since everyone's turning left...

I'm guessing nothing changes but the thought did cross my mind.

last one amused me.

"do you need to give way to the cyclist"

should have been, No, but the little c**t won't f**king care and just go in front of you anyway.

You also don't give way to old ladies crossing the road? She's got no plates either.

If EVERYONE drove their car with one person in it, instead of any alternative, you'd be going a LOT slower!

Of course I give way to people crossing the road at pedestrian crossings. That's because I don't see the old lady walking down the middle of the road with all her friends. All I am saying is the road is a dangerous place and a lot of accidents happen involving cyclists regardless of of who's fault it is I think there should at least be a ACC Levy they should pay to cover such an accident if they happen to get into an accident.

Now back on topic. It is a fairly simple rule change I think just do the opposite to what you have been doing just try keep that all in mind when coming up to those cross-roads and hope the other person remembers too. I would say the streets will be fairly quiet come Sunday and Monday haha

Finally NZ follows. When I come back to NZ next week I wont have any trouble driving on the roads!

Finally NZ follows. When I come back to NZ next week I wont have any trouble driving on the roads!

Watch out for those grannies and grandpas some of them might still persist on good old right hand rule :)

To be honest, I recon in the first few weeks there will be a few crashes associated with this change...

t it is I think there should at least be a ACC Levy they should pay to cover such an accident if they happen to get into an accident.

policing that would cost more than ACC would get

lot of accidents happen involving cyclists regardless of of who's fault it is I think there should at least be a ACC

slippery slope....motorcyclists,cyclists,rugby players,diyers,"performance car" owners....ACC is not suposed to be "fault" its the community looking after the injured.....

slippery slope....motorcyclists,cyclists,rugby players,diyers,"performance car" owners....ACC is not suposed to be "fault" its the community looking after the injured.....

I agree whole-heartedly! Motorcycles are already getting stung ridiculous levies, especially if they have multiple vehicles. For a supposed "No Fault" compensation scheme, which is very quickly turning into "Accident Insurance"..

So who gives way at a round a bout if/since everyone's turning left...

I'm guessing nothing changes but the thought did cross my mind.

round-about rules aren't changing