Sign in to follow this  
Allanw

Vanos Seal Replacement - DONE!

Because rocker cover is removed, rocker gasket, vanos unit unit cover gasket. If plugs etc need doing, now is the time. Beisan website has all info.

yeah - it's on the Beisan procedure page for our engine.

as the BARE minumum you'll need the seal kit.

STRONGLY recommended (especially because they are CHEAP) is the left hand thread torx bolts and the vanos cover gasket.

May as well do the rocker cover gasket, as they're a common leak. The spark plugs are RIGHT THERE, so may as well do them.

The Beisan forum on website informs of history and research and testing done by company. Success story really.

yeah - it's on the Beisan procedure page for our engine.

as the BARE minumum you'll need the seal kit.

STRONGLY recommended (especially because they are CHEAP) is the left hand thread torx bolts and the vanos cover gasket.

May as well do the rocker cover gasket, as they're a common leak. The spark plugs are RIGHT THERE, so may as well do them.

Oh I see, apparently the rocker cover gasket had been done but pft I doubt it. All the plugs etc have been done so theyre all good. Did you get the bolts and vanos cover gasket from milland.co.nz aswell?

Did you get the bolts and vanos cover gasket from milland.co.nz aswell?

Yep, I get all my parts there pretty much, it's just the Vanos seals which are oddball to get hold of Beisan has them, and some eBay sellers. I trust Beisan more!

what would the savings be for a group buy? Just shipping?

I am keen, but need guidance as to what parts I need for a e36 328i.

Cheers

It's all on the beisan site. On the products page, it states the engine type (M50, M52, M54 etc) for each kit.

On the procedure page for your engine, It has a list of required parts, and optional parts. The rocker cover gasket and plugs can always be done some other time anyway - not too big of a deal.

Sweet! This thread got made a sticky B)

Edited by pando