Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

There and back again

A few months a go the wife and I decided to go check out the new set of the Hobbit just out of Matamata.

I got inspired to do some photography of The Shire.

enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great photography josh, well done :)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I like the little details, it's not how I pictured hobbiton in my head after reading the books but then movies set never do.

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing it, though I've heard some negative feedback about the hyper real HD 3D.

Cheers fellas

... though I've heard some negative feedback about the hyper real HD 3D.

A lot of it is because people just dont like the faster frame rates of 48 fps. I actually think its quite good especailly in the faster action sequences.

The next Avatar is being shot in 60fps and will screen at that speed too :) The big boys are dictating it now, not legacy 'film' industry. most theaters are digital so its not so much a problem.

I'd live there.

same, as long as there was an under ground works shop.

Cheers fellas

A lot of it is because people just dont like the faster frame rates of 48 fps. I actually think its quite good especailly in the faster action sequences.

The next Avatar is being shot in 60fps and will screen at that speed too :) The big boys are dictating it now, not legacy 'film' industry. most theaters are digital so its not so much a problem.

I think it works well for CGI but not so good for live action - make up, prosthetics, etc are just not as convincing in this super real environment. It makes it much harder to suspend disbelief. The 3D might be more immersive but when you can see Gandalf's foundation cracking it let's the side down!

Nice photos. Let's hope the movie is not as much of a snorefest as the Lord of the Rings were. Each one of them was 3 hours + of torture!