Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

oh, the Purity!

• Haha 1

Not bad! Grant at GT Refinishers has done a great job. 

KQKQQAT.jpg

Next up the custom wing brackets onto the factory bootlid and fit the rear diffuser when it arrives. And the M5 wheels once they're back from the repairers!

• Like 3

Wheels back from the Wheel Fix It too, I left the colour choice up to them - gotta say I'm impressed! Still not 100% sure how these'll look on the car, it's a bit hard to visualise and I can't find anyone online who's running the same combo on e39 m5 wheels.

tUOONfs.jpg

BHifoJ2.jpg

Also got some new tyres for these wheels. The first set of these Zestino's were epic, lasted me almost 4yrs and tonnes of heat cycles. The fronts are running the softer RS compound this time (140 treadwear vs 240 on rear). I ended up having a fair amount of tread still left on the medium compound ones when they went hard, lets see how the soft ones go. 

j2xL63X.jpg

Spotted M Toy at GT Refinishers yesterday when I popped in, looking sharp as always.

• Like 1

Yes, I saw it there last week too.

New wing mounted, just waiting on replacement stainless hardware.  

CDySaFw.jpg

FbybTFn.jpg

uMzhTT6.jpg

YBUM29Z.jpg

da2PWx9.jpg

• Like 1

Damn these bakehouse cafe guys must be doing some good work!

• Haha 1

Refurbished wheels are back and fitted up with new semi slicks all around. Fitment of the e39 M5 wheels on the e46 M3 is spot on.

f3r8l0r.jpg

giYFXZg.jpg

X3lM7Wv.jpg

J8Ph02b.jpg

Next up I'll fit the Fancywide rear diffuser when it turns up. This may still be a while away as I think it shipped from Russia. 

• Like 6

Sweet baby Jesus 

• Like 1

Fun on the track at the Bread supercar track day last weekend

kgGxlDU.jpg

tPXWSPZ.jpg

N37vLGN.jpg

1A6c2YF.jpg

• Like 3

Got a rear diffuser from Fancywide in Russia and put it together over the weekend. Balances out the rear end quite nicely

Diffuser1.jpg
Diffuser2.jpg
imageproxy-2.jpg

• Like 6

Catching up on this build. Last time I drove this car was at Tunnel Run, but I've been pottering around on it since fixing up bits and pieces. 

Got sick of wobbly drivers seat at full extension so I've bought some solid seat mounts from Garagistic in the UK (https://www.garagistic.com/). Whilst these were super pricey with shipping etc, I'm sick of mucking around trying to make Sparco, Recaro and NZKW bits fit together - at least I know this will work.

F32359-D5-EEEF-4-BDE-963-B-C3-C2434-F0-E

• Like 1

They look nice, for some reason I thought you had the VAC Motorsport ones which I imagine would work also.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 9:28 PM, M3AN said:

They look nice, for some reason I thought you had the VAC Motorsport ones which I imagine would work also.

I have the VAC fire extinguisher mounts :D

Second startup of the year. I had some time on Saturday so thought I'd dust this one off and go for a drive; ended up in Hamilton for the night. 

Everything went well, oil level normal, no weird noises or vibrations and it's making good power. Kayne Barrie's rebuild has done wonders..! 

Still haven't installed the seat mounts - maybe over winter. 

D1-AB9-A10-CB3-A-45-EE-8544-9050-AA8-F42

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, CSET said:

1A6c2YF.jpg

@CSET picture of Ange taking picture of M Toy.. that’s some inception type stuff!

Long time no post. Did a bit of a roadtrip last weekend down to Manfield for a track day. Everything went well, stayed off the walls and nothing broke. Great success...! Pretty pleased with the brakes; I changed to CSL rotors and pads (the latter are apparently the same as standard) about 5,000kms ago, and put on a set of Goodridge braided lines. No brake fade after 5 hot laps, good enough for me. 

E6-CDD4-F8-9-F7-A-4159-A6-E4-07041-E7503
79564-C3-A-8274-45-D6-8298-FD0-EF1770498 
978-EB4-F7-B1-C5-450-C-A315-B6-CE2-D97-D

• Like 4

Finally an update for this one...! Have been to'ing and fro'ing on the next steps for this car, specifically whether or not to supercharge. After (literally) years of deliberation I have decided to keep it NA, and as such celebrated with a CSL intake from Geoff Steel 😁 Should be pretty similar to this one:

evolve-009.jpg

I'm running a K&N 57 series currently, so that'll be up if anyone is interested (assuming of course I can get the CSL airbox and software working...).

• Like 6

Airbox arrived, and has swiftly been named Geoff. I have a CSL decal on the way, but think I'll leave it as is

2-D833-BA5-CA7-C-4-DF5-95-BE-3-E1-B6-A65

• Like 3
  • Haha 1