Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Tattoos.

To be honest, I've never understood why people get their names tatood on themselves. I mean, when do you ever forget your last name. Even if you did, surely you could just check your drivers license and find it.

In saying that, I was very close to tattooing a name badge on my chest when I was boozed.

When i was young i got LOVE on both knuckles and I tried to spread as much of that love around as possible, i thought thats what love was.

Jokes aside, i have got any, i wouldnt mind the outline of NZ somewhere some day if i was to immigrate overseas (very likely, probably Asia.. wont go into why..)

I have a reasonable sized anchor on my shoulder and am 110% comfortable with it now and in the future. It's almost impossible to explain why we get tattoos as it certainly isn't a decision formed like the purchase of a house, or the ending of a relationship.

Decision to get a tattoo aside, my anchor (which will at some stage have a siren and stormy sea added somewhere) related to my family's long history around water of whom I am one of the few continuing.

althuogh I am not allowed to have it exposed at work.

why do you think that is?

No that doesn't sound dodgy at all....ANDY ;)

Once youve had that "Taste of Asia".........

i have none,and have never ever considered one.I dont have any thoughts on them either way.I wonder why people do it.

Mine is specifically above short sleeve shirt height, as the sight of a tattoo inspires prejudice which may be detrimental in any, be it business or personal dealings. It wasn't that long ago where tattoos were not a part of the western or at least western middle class world- thus there is still a negative hangover. No point in fighting it, easier to please the masses.

I myself haven't got any, my partner does, she has a large one on her upper back, not that fussed about it though.

i bet you love it at times

Dont have tats , wear a suite and tie to work , I'm somewhat old school in this regard but take people on facevalue regardless. Have respect for people that tatoo themselves with something meaningful to themselves.

Was talking with a Samoan village chief a few years back, He'd had the full on traditional tats done in his late teens and explained the meaning and what they repesented. I have more respect for this lava wearing tatoo'd man than I do for most people. (Saved a number of tourist risking his own life a few years back)

Greatly debatable.

As long as its not offensive, worshipping some crazy religion, etc I'm fine with it.

The CEO of the company I work with has exceptionally high standards, and deems them to be unprofessional to have exposed in a professional environment. While he rules the roost and pays my wages, I'm happy to comply.

My tattoo is far enough up my forearm that even if my shirt sleeve rides up a bit it does not show.

i bet you love it at times

Haha, yes I do see it quite regularly but we won't get into that.

Have got heaps had them for 30+ years , arms chest etc, Got each one for a reason could care less what people think of them enough said.

Have got heaps had them for 30+ years , arms chest etc, Got each one for a reason could care less what people think of them enough said.

"...*couldn't*..." care less. Sorry this misnomer has bugged me lately in internet print and reading that was the head :P

"...*couldn't*..." care less. Sorry this misnomer has bugged me lately in internet print and reading that was the head :P

Shall we start a separate topic about misuse of grammar? I have a few that I loathe:

* Misuse of possessive apostrophes - "Davids car"... It's f*ckin' "David's car!"

* General misuse of apostrophes - "your an idiot" NO! "You're an idiot!"

* Using the word Pacific when you really mean specific (or even worse pacifically!!). FFS! The Pacific is an Ocean, idiots!

There are many, many more. Hijack over (although I have seen some tats with horrendous spelling!).

* General misuse of apostrophes - "your an idiot" NO! "You're an idiot!"

Grammer: the difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t

Grammer: the difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t

You mean Grammar? :blink:

You mean Grammar? :blink:

knew id end up ballsing it up <_<

I got a bull on my shoulder, coz I'm a stereotypical taurus, and I like the symbolism of the bull (strength and power)

had it 11 years now, no regrets at all

have been planning a background for it recently, heavily swayed towards a smoky style background. The background itself will have no meaning, it's purely to enhance the bull

gf has a massive dragon on her back, looks primo as, bet it hurt real bad (it's fully coloured in)

mate has a huge samurai full back piece, said it took over 40 hours total, it looks amazing

his wife is more tattoo than skin, I'm really not a fan of boob / cleavage tatts, or thigh tatts on women though