Sign in to follow this  
No name user

E36 M42 TURBO, NOT A MYTH

The work hack forgot to add it runs a small case 4.1 diff and a 220 box and just for a laugh half the exhaust is stock....for nowpost-793-1354311753.jpgpost-793-1354311799.jpg

Edited by crunchy

Mean. Nothing of value to add, love your work.

Loving this! :D

Deffs interested in a vid tho!...skids? :P

Hell yeah!

Well I like it :D

So do I.

Alice could use a hairdryer...

Loving this! :D

Deffs interested in a vid tho!...skids? :P

surprisingly it gets very good traction ill mount up some crap rubber and do some tire popping :)

Mean. Nothing of value to add, love your work.

thank you :)

look good man cant wait to see the other beasty in action.

look good man cant wait to see the other beasty in action.

over xmas the setup goes in for a base tune

Sir, you work fast.

Sir, you work fast.

ah not realy the turbo setup has been in the build for over a year itll go onto a stock motor thatll handle 400hp on stock internals just for a base tune under 10psi then when the big engine is done its a easy swap

ah not realy the turbo setup has been in the build for over a year itll go onto a stock motor thatll handle 400hp on stock internals just for a base tune under 10psi then when the big engine is done its a easy swap

That's my thoughts precisely. :)

upgrading the ignition this weekend its has a slight hesitation up top then turn the psi up to 15 just for a laugh

Story time,

i added the new coil thats meant to be as good as CDI which it seems to be and at $90 great value next was do some fine tuning which turned into a nightmare plugged the laptop in and it didn't want to communicate with the mapecu so tried again still no go went to start the car it was running very rich so tried again to plug in still no go went to start again and one very dead car.

Plug in another mapecu and same thing dead unit it hadnt just deleted the tune but the firmware in the mapecu, after hours of figuring out whats going on it turned out the laptop had a virus and feed it into both units, reinstalled the software deleted the virus lucky i kept a copy of the tune on a mem stick loaded it again and it started first pop that killed a Saturday !!

So today i noticed the throttle response was a tad flat checked fuel pressure it was down 5psi so i checked the battery at idle 13.95 volts which is fine checked it at the pump 13.0 now thats not good for fuel flow so i rewired the pump direct from the battery using the factory pump power wire to trigger a relay and feed a new power supply from the battery, fuel pressure went up 10psi starts better from hot and sharper response this i would recommend even for a stock setup works a treat next is dump the crappy plug they use for the pump and use a nice gold high current plug and socket cheap off ebay.

Also had a closer look at the exhaust as it passes over the rear axle theres still a section thats 2" which is quiet funny compared to how it goes so the whole system will be dumped second is up the boost to 20psi, why cause i can and boost is addictive mind you i have a 75hp NOS kit sitting around.......to be continued

Edited by crunchy

Now NOS would be neat.

its very tempting when i install them on a turbo car i put the nozzle in the compressor cover and point it at the compressor wheel you dont need a large jet but at 900psi turns the turbo on nicely

post-793-1356859296.jpg

isnt this awesome?

not realy this was the gem i had for an exhaust system still managed over 250hp with but it is no longer i spent the day making a new 2.5" system mandrel bent with V band clamps which make life so easy even though i made the clamps ( these clamps come of some turbos i do very compact ) end result was well...yea

the 535 clutch is no more smoked it in a third gear pull now running 12psi taking it to 7000rpm it didnt like it too much still was fun thankfully the box isnt hard to take out new clutch and flywheel im making up now also going to upgrade the turbo why cause i can lol

Edited by crunchy

Your friggin nuts :D but I like where your going

\

what till you see my e34 :)

\

what till you see my e34 :)

hurry up i want see it now :)

if you know how to find power you dont need to run big boost numbers......but NOS isnt a bad thing

i saying that why stop at 20psi life begins after 30psi

Edited by crunchy