Sign in to follow this  
zinga

ChCh garage to do VANOS rattle job?

Just relocated down here from Welly with my E46 330i 2001..

The garages I've tried down here so far don't seem to be too keen for these 'internet sensations' (beisan/drvanos) and are in denial that the issue exists or in fact that the internet can be helpful (with some grain of salt naturally)..

I do sound design so my ears are trained to go ballistic over that rattle...

Does anyone know a mech down here who would be happy to do the job?

Cheers

Edited by T-ing

Kevin Burt has serviced my BMW's for the last 4.5 years, never had a problem.

Previously used elite auto electronics on St asaph Street, for my old cars and i've sent my parents BMW's there too for repairs and servicing.

never used the stealership cause they're just more expensive naturally so cant comment.

Do not deal with BMW service centre on Brisbane st, me and afew other locals have had problems in the past, he's nothing a but an arrogant dickhead oozing with attitude.

Do not deal with BMW service centre on Brisbane st, me and afew other locals have had problems in the past, he's nothing a but an arrogant dickhead oozing with attitude.

+1 on that the guy he is lets say personality challenged.

I use the stealership for mine , Tried Kevin Burt and while he is fine I found the price to be the same. Case of finding somebody you like and sticking with them really.

Edited by M-Spec

Talk to sworfish (Nikita) He knows quite a bit about the issue, might be able to point you in the right direction with mechanics too

+1 Kevin Burt, I had him install the Beisan Seal kit on my M54 as well as all my other servicing. Didn't have to do the rattle fix though. Not the cheapest around but I've found they're professional and knowledgeable. Can be busy so book ahead.

Just relocated down here from Welly with my E46 330i 2001..

The garages I've tried down here so far don't seem to be too keen for these 'internet sensations' (beisan/drvanos) and are in denial that the issue exists or in fact that the internet can be helpful (with some grain of salt naturally)..

I do sound design so my ears are trained to go ballistic over that rattle...

Does anyone know a mech down here who would be happy to do the job?

Cheers

Dunno about techs down there, but make sure the rattle isn't the DISA valve too - they are dangerous to your engine if it falls apart. It's screwed into the intake plenum, directly above the throttle body. Listen for rattle there, or carefully take it out and see if the flap is coming loose and rattling.

It it comes apart, there is a metal pin that can lunch the engine. It takes a while to get that bad, but very worth checking! You can new ones, or you can get aftermarket uprated ones.

Anyone know of suppliers of disa rebuild kit in christchurch?. Idel control valve rattles aswell its an ezy fix.

16 hours ago, Deffed said:

Anyone know of suppliers of disa rebuild kit in christchurch?. Idel control valve rattles aswell its an ezy fix.

I bought a kit from German Auto Solutions in the states (google them) for a kit but another one from memory is x8r.Both tried and tested kits. Then either do it yourself or someone to do it.Hope this helps.

Edited by Haggisman
Spelling

22 hours ago, Deffed said:

There's a guy on NZ E46 Owners Club on Facebook selling one along with some Vanos seals for M54B30

On 6/14/2013 at 6:36 AM, Allanw said:

Dunno about techs down there, but make sure the rattle isn't the DISA valve too - they are dangerous to your engine if it falls apart. It's screwed into the intake plenum, directly above the throttle body. Listen for rattle there, or carefully take it out and see if the flap is coming loose and rattling.

It it comes apart, there is a metal pin that can lunch the engine. It takes a while to get that bad, but very worth checking! You can new ones, or you can get aftermarket uprated ones.

Iv pulled the disa out its secure.