Sign in to follow this  
actletpone

1 owner type e28

Very tidy alright but i think it only appeals to certain people at the price probably got it at, not exactly a sort after model either. Seems it could of done with a bit more use if anything.

Very nice.

Love the interior and exterior colours.

Shame about the boat anchor in the engine bay though

Yea, I dunno - I've started to look at the E28's in a whole new light the last coupla months, & I think in some ways for me personally, I'm now at the stage where I'd prefer one over a E30............ ;):)

• Like 2

I have a mint M30B35 for it :)

I have a mint M30B35 for it :)

and a manual 'box? B)

and... err... it's two owners ;). One would be extra cool B)

Photoshopped photos a bit?

Perfectly good car is though, and would be ruined by an M30 transplant. 2.7 is an interesting engine and as a classic it is essential that the car retains its originality.

Hmm, I see theres a 1 owner low km E30 at our 2nd favourite zoo too............Edit, my bad, gone already at 8.30 tonight!!! $4850 was asking money, 85,000kms from memory, original.

and this verty http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-682579350.htm

Edited by Blue-540i

and a manual 'box? B)

and... err... it's two owners ;). One would be extra cool B)

Yeah I do actually. Not ready to part with it just yet though.

Photoshopped photos a bit?

Perfectly good car is though, and would be ruined by an M30 transplant.

Yes. Needs S62.

So far I've spent about $8k (including the purchase price) on my '83 528i with 120,000 miles on the clock. Based on this listing, perhaps I wasn't so stupid after all. E30s seem overpriced. E28s are more comfortable and better looking (especially on nice wheels and lowered a bit) IMO. Look at Matt's http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/37489-e28-535i-project/?hl=%2B535i+%2Bproject.

But your paint job is old and you have poo green interior dad, the OP looks to be at the right price at the moment. 7.5k is a good deal for an honest straight E28 with crazy low kms, strong but not super uneconomical engine, desirable interior and options. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets close to 10k. However, photos can be deceiving and i'd have to view it to know what I'd pay, photos can hide a lot of things...

So far I've spent about $8k (including the purchase price) on my '83 528i with 120,000 miles on the clock. Based on this listing, perhaps I wasn't so stupid after all. E30s seem overpriced. E28s are more comfortable and better looking (especially on nice wheels and lowered a bit) IMO. Look at Matt's http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/37489-e28-535i-project/?hl=%2B535i+%2Bproject.

Theres always this as perspective too $$$ wise................. http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/535i/auction-685488780.htm

Matt needs to get his finished & then take lotsa pics for here................... ;):)

Thats been on tm for years so the guy can't be in a rush to sell it. I don't think its even worth 1\2 what he asking, its not even mint to start with and thats before viewing it.

To bad it's a toyota engine, average interior, rep wheels, and lacklustre grey.

It's been on TM for a long time I don't think he wants any less that 10k

Edited by _Matt_
  • Like 1

But your paint job is old and you have poo green interior dad, the OP looks to be at the right price at the moment. 7.5k is a good deal for an honest straight E28 with crazy low kms, strong but not super uneconomical engine, desirable interior and options. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets close to 10k. However, photos can be deceiving and i'd have to view it to know what I'd pay, photos can hide a lot of things...

I think you'll find my interior is 'piniengrun' Matt :)

Looks a bit rugged and unkept to me plus its not an BMW V8

It is finished, I've been driving it around for the last couple of weeks. Just needs some paint and some cosmetic touch ups.

Edited by _Matt_