Sign in to follow this  
5amchris

E36 M3 Turbo

ecko_complex (Matt) but I don't think he comes here very often anymore. Prob still has a build thread on here somewhere. Been for a ride in this a couple of years ago and holy hell it was quick.

Found part of if but even the links from Google are broken :/ http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/17440-e36-m3-turbo-part-2/

Edited by Gaz

Has anyone seen this car in the flesh/driven or been driven in it?

I am quite interested but was hoping to gauge other bimmersporters views on the car?
Obviously 400hpatw is a lot, but in terms of workmanship and quality of the build and also the car as a whole (exterior and interior) what do you think?

Do you find the price fairly reflects the car?

That must be crazy quick. Mine scares me sometimes and it does not have as much as that......

Would be really cool to see at hamptons.

Nigel Aston

Has anyone seen this car in the flesh/driven or been driven in it?

I am quite interested but was hoping to gauge other bimmersporters views on the car?

Obviously 400hpatw is a lot, but in terms of workmanship and quality of the build and also the car as a whole (exterior and interior) what do you think?

Do you find the price fairly reflects the car?

I had a ride a few years back now but since then it I think it sat in storage for a while as he had a few issue getting it reliable I think. Sounds like he has got it all sorted now though. Pm Atta he probably knows more than I do.

You could buy the Green one for 15K and buy a turbo kit from VAC and end up with a 3.2 in good condition for the same price.

I had a ride a few years back now but since then it I think it sat in storage for a while as he had a few issue getting it reliable I think. Sounds like he has got it all sorted now though. Pm Atta he probably knows more than I do.

Mmm not quite, it went into my grandmothers garage while I travelled SE Asia. The only reliability issues were around the stock clutch and the sump breather, which were fixed pretty easily.

You could buy the Green one for 15K and buy a turbo kit from VAC and end up with a 3.2 in good condition for the same price.

10 grand to turbo an M3? L-O-L. And then you're implying that my car is not in good condition... These type of know-it-all ignorant comments are exactly why I don't visit here any more :)

• Like 1

A lot of intelligent people with skills don't come here any more Matt... It's a real shame that we have lost these people

These type of know-it-all ignorant comments are exactly why I don't visit here any more :)

Honestly, just putting it out there..... but the photos on your listing arent doing it any favours if it is actually tidy. First impressions mean a lot to people that arent local to view.

Honestly, just putting it out there..... but the photos on your listing arent doing it any favours if it is actually tidy. First impressions mean a lot to people that arent local to view.

I'm hardly a photographer nor have much spare time. But you're right. Maybe I should hit Atta up :P

• Like 1

Mmm not quite, it went into my grandmothers garage while I travelled SE Asia. The only reliability issues were around the stock clutch and the sump breather, which were fixed pretty easily.

10 grand to turbo an M3? L-O-L. And then you're implying that my car is not in good condition... These type of know-it-all ignorant comments are exactly why I don't visit here any more :)

Jesus mate. You can buy a full turbo kit and install it for less than 10K. I just did this on my E34 for around 10K. I only said the 3.2 was in good condition, which it is. It looks immaculate. Plus the comment was aimed at Brent who is capable of doing this himself. His post has been deleted removing the linked quote, removing the context of my post. So calm down. sh*t happens.

your build thread was one of the first I read when I first got an interest in cars. Best of luck with the sale