Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

This arsehat..

who buys cars off trademe?? sure its [probably]safer for missing out on real lemons, but its free to use forums or facebook :P and rather than ALWAYS buying, people seem more keen to trade, plus the cars seem to be cheaper!

who buys cars off trademe?? sure its [probably]safer for missing out on real lemons, but its free to use forums or facebook :P and rather than ALWAYS buying, people seem more keen to trade, plus the cars seem to be cheaper!

Trick question ha? I'd say a decent percentage of NZ buys cars off trademe.

• Like 1

I would buy a car off TradeMe rather than those Facebook "buy sell trade" pages. 95% of those listings go like this "goez grate but n0 wof reg. *enter silly amount of money here* n0 st*pid offerz may b keen 0n tradez but KASH IZ KING!! "

• Like 2

I would buy a car off TradeMe rather than those Facebook "buy sell trade" pages. 95% of those listings go like this "goez grate but n0 wof reg. *enter silly amount of money here* n0 st*pid offerz may b keen 0n tradez but KASH IZ KING!! "

There was one I came across last week worded something like this.. "Da potos r $hit n wll put sm up tamarra arva and da headgskt iz f**ked"

• Like 3

Hahahaha yea that sounds like most winners on dirty south car club. My fav is "goes hard, never thrashed"

• Like 1

"one lady owner, used on the weekend. Never done skids. Goes hard." :wacko:

• Like 1

that is exactly the sorta page dirty south is, except trades are sooo much more common than wanting cash(that iv seen) :P but its where i swapped the crashed 318i for the 323i XP its possible to get great deals on them :P

Hahahaha yea that sounds like most winners on dirty south car club. My fav is "goes hard, never thrashed"

aka, thrashed to with-in an inch of its life, my brother took my old subi down to get a trade for a car, up til THAT point it hadnt been thrashed. at least on the plus side it didnt die before the trade was done

you arent wrong.

But meanwhile i have two businesses to support, and TradeMe is where the customers are. Lost sales by listing exclusively on Wheedle etc are a LOT more than the cost of TradeMe fees... and TradeMe know it

Awww, I dunno - theres various real estate companies that have said 'Up yours' to reTardeme................& good on them I reckon!!!!!

I use dirty south to get rid of sh*t, like wheels/tyres/car parts... just say some silly cheap price and some clown will come collect your unwanted goods.

I use dirty south to get rid of sh*t, like wheels/tyres/car parts... just say some silly cheap price and some clown will come collect your unwanted goods.

depends on what it is... FYI a stripped car body for FREE is in the "too hard" column for them...

So yeah, N42 ownership hasn't been fun.

Upon starting it the day after I'd bought it, I noticed the idle going between 1000 and about 400rpm, check engine light flashing, oil light flashing. Was fine after warming up. Also, the rocker cover gasket is leaking onto the outlet manifold creating some nice smells. Anyway, I'm getting up the hill after finishing a job and the water level light comes on. I get home and there's coolant pissing out. The hose had burst.. Nice. So I remove the front cover thing, take the hose of to get it replaced and noticed the drive belt was absolutely f**ked with pieces of it missing and all. So I've replaced the belt also. I also noticed that the belt had destroyed some wiring on the front of the motor. Have put pics below, could this be the cause of the idle problem hopefully?

post-2864-0-77975200-1396727353_thumb.jp

post-2864-0-44042600-1396727399_thumb.jp

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Bugger! I wish sellers were honest when they sold thier cars they know is just about to break etc.

Its all good, it won't be as bad as the VW Golf VR6 i just purchased from Blenheim and had shipped down on a truck

did you find out why the coolant pipe burst in the 1st place?

Brother in law took it out, he's a qualified mechanic, he said it looked a bit tired. Prior to the coolant leaking out, there was no overheating so we should be fine hopefully.

I'm very interested to know what those wires are for though. Hoping this might fix my idle problem lol!

Edited by The Diesel Guy

I would say you dodged a bullet and leave it at that, 164,000km on a 4 cylinder N42 valvetronic oil and water recycler

Too late now Clinton...I'd just try patching in up and get rid of it as soon as you can or sell it to a wrecker. These things are pieces of sh*t, and as I said before they recycle oil and water, they also empty pockets quicker than a pig emptying a trough full of cream. I wouldn't recommend any one buying a N42 or N46 engined vehicle unless it was new or done less than 20k and then get rid of it before it gets to 50k or 5 years old

Yeah, ahh well lol. Will get it fixed up properly and look for something else I guess. Any idea what those wires are for on the front Glenn?

It should be obvious. One of the camshaft position sensors (2) or one of the vanos solenoids (2)

It should be obvious. One of the camshaft position sensors (2) or one of the vanos solenoids (2)

I was hoping something along those lines. Those unplugged would easily throw the idle out you rekon?

I was hoping something along those lines. Those unplugged would easily throw the idle out you rekon?

Possibly

Possibly

That's what I wanted to hear! It's a wonder the check light wasn't constantly on with that sensor unplugged/cables damaged.