Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

1991 E31 850i

Yeah much improved with that front lip extension. They should have all been like that front factory :P

But then there'd be nothing to aspire to, Mike!With that logic all 3 series should leave the factory looking like an M3!

You're right though, it makes a big difference over stock and modernises it considerably. Though the stock spoiler was a lot happier at this ride height!!

Classic. Was about to remove the fan and found a present from the previous owner.

7bbcf2bb6d54d210f3289116c033aad9.jpg

This must have been in since I bought 8er a year and a half ago. I guess a bump must have moved it so that it began interfering with the fan. The good news is the fan is fine. No more clattering noise!! Was right underneath so never noticed it before.

Don't think the wife will be pleased when she finds out this was the reason we drove back from Napier on the hottest day of the year with no AC!!!

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 11

LOL, at least it's cheaper than other possible causes of failed AC. Was given a 3K estimate to replace the evaporator in my E46 so left it and went through a summer with no AC.

Bellars Motor Works had quick a look at it during an unrelated job and found it was just a faulty sensor, fixed it for about $200 and it worked fine ever since :D

• Like 1

Typical isnt it, a simple fix, that you actually get sorted when you no longer need to use AC.

Thats a pretty lush tack lifter too, good score.

• Like 1

Agh.

Thought I saw it driving through Te Awanga a couple of Sunday's ago...looks amazing :)

Classic. Was about to remove the fan and found a present from the previous owner.

7bbcf2bb6d54d210f3289116c033aad9.jpg

This must have been in since I bought 8er a year and a half ago. I guess a bump must have moved it so that it began interfering with the fan. The good news is the fan is fine. No more clattering noise!! Was right underneath so never noticed it before.

Don't think the wife will be pleased when she finds out this was the reason we drove back from Napier on the hottest day of the year with no AC!!!

Typical isnt it, a simple fix, that you actually get sorted when you no longer need to use AC.

Thats a pretty lush tack lifter too, good score.

• Like 1

Is that Picton st? Turns onto Hepburn st then Wellington st at the bottom, I used to live around there.

Car is looking great, did you sort out the paint chip from the waterblaster on the bonnet? Bonnet respray or just touch-up?

Yep, Picton. Just a touch up for now. Sourcing some headlining material and will then do bonnet and sunroof respray at the same time.

• Like 1

Julian, I think you should have a go taking some black and white monochrome photos with your car parked in that street. Stunning car nonetheless.

• Like 1

I've been a bit quiet on here for a while. Mainly because of life's many interventions, but also because the 8er has had an irritating ignition issue so has been largely undriven while I slowly hunted around for parts and time to sort it. Anyway, got it running smoothly once more this weekend and took some pics - sadly, because I'm probably going to sell her - and was reminded just how beautiful the 8 series is.

34519906745_5c3630b369_c.jpg

34519914985_38b8779d5c_c.jpg

34519920885_49f5c9da92_c.jpg

33709336803_ca787abcb3_c.jpg

34519919265_a740696938_c.jpg

34519893795_d8bdf6a480_c.jpg

34134022360_9e6a48064e_c.jpg

34519923395_8b993154ed_c.jpg

33709332713_c3007e2432_c.jpg

34519899405_f73d2558e9_c.jpg

• Like 14

It really is an amazing looking car.

Sadly said goodbye to the old girl on Friday last week. She did well at market fetching a cool $29K. Probably still owes me a chunk but no one gets an E31 as an investment.

Can’t say I’ll miss the trepidation every time a new thousand dollar ‘noise’ was heard though!! 😂 

Farewell, old girl.

6E63B01B-84EA-43F9-94E5-B75B5DD46071.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Stunning! Congrats on the sale as well!

Holy heck, I didnt know you even still had it!

Congrats on the sale, its a gorgeous car indeed.

Ha! Yeah, been a bit quiet on here for the last couple of years. Been too busy building Star Wars props for me and the kid!!

9C677709-959A-49BA-B55C-F3E303CBD9A6.jpeg

• Like 3

By chance, do you have any left over 8er parts ? 😎

I hope she went to a good home, I know how much time, money and effort you put into her.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:22 PM, jeffbebe said:

Sadly said goodbye to the old girl on Friday last week. She did well at market fetching a cool $29K. Probably still owes me a chunk but no one gets an E31 as an investment.

Can’t say I’ll miss the trepidation every time a new thousand dollar ‘noise’ was heard though!! 😂 

Farewell, old girl.

Sorry you had to pass it on but I'm glad you're happy with the outcome.

IMHO that was always one of the best looking cars here on BS.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:46 PM, M3AN said:

Sorry you had to pass it on but I'm glad you're happy with the outcome.

IMHO that was always one of the best looking cars here on BS.

Thanks mate. Just E36 lyf now...

AE942170-5BDF-4F83-9D32-55F46748F5B5.jpeg

• Like 2