Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Jooles' E31 project log

Spied this yesterday at BM workshop. CSI kit?

post-1470-0-76570300-1407215634.jpg

• Like 2

Yep, that's it, Ray. It was a factory option on a lot of the later model 840s.

This is Ross' one, right? Love that Barbados Green... So sexy!

The better half is rightly a bit p*ssed off with me spending time most weekends working on the new car so I thought a day of cutting and polishing probably wouldn't go down too well. Instead, I've been sneaking down to the carpark at work at lunchtimes and doing it in sections. Took it out in the daylight today and boom... Shiny. Still got the wings and bumpers to do then a full wax job so might be another week of lunch breaks but the paint's looking a lot healthier than it did, though it still has a few scratches.

14654366398_c57970c20b_z.jpg

• Like 2

haha... here I was thinking I'm crazy for contemplating rotating my tyres during lunch.

• Like 2

Mate... Life has a habit of getting in the way of important car stuff, so you have to take what time you can get!!

• Like 1

Looking good Jooles ... I've actually driven past your car a couple of times heading out to Westmere !!! Sorry have been meaning to pop by.

Lunch time car work ... ha ... I've been doing car stuff in between diaper changes LOL!! - I did an exhaust mount change the other day in record time and even soldered some DME parts together - Beat that! LOL

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 1

You should, Tom! It's been a while. Baby monitors were invented so you can work on your car while your baby's sleeping!!

hilarious. haha car looks nice and shiny. cant imagine how good it will be when its back to red!

Or yellow... which has been on my mind a bit since seeing this:

07.JPG

• Like 2

Don't get it to clean Julian might get pulled over for being a visual hazard with all that light reflection haha!.

That's the Wokke? 850. Probably a good page or contact to keep an eye on if you're unfamiliar with what he's up too. Seems to be pretty hardcore e31 nutbag capable of making these fly. Fabs up bits and pieces for sale. Restores/refinishes wheels, Sells plug in chips/tunes for these too which is why I ended up watching what he's up too. Seems quite an interesting, knowledgeable, eccentric fella Wolf.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/wokke/112449428857682?ref=profile

Yep. Already had a yarn to him about his chips. The EML one for the M70 sounds particularly good.

post-5771-0-15352100-1407356300.jpg

WIN

Bit low for my taste, Darren. Plus I'd lose the bumper spoiler, sump and side skirts every time I drove in and out of my office car park!

This is on air ride suspension. Best of both worlds.

e31 is one of the cars i think big wheels dont look good. same goes for e30.

16s look the best, not 18s or bigger.

I second Darren's "WIN" post, that kit on the blue E31 looks the money!

e31 is one of the cars i think big wheels dont look good. same goes for e30.

16s look the best, not 18s or bigger.

Don't agree... It all depends on the wheel (though anything bigger than 19" on an E31 is a bit crazy). Mine has factory 18" M Parallels and they look perfect. Those deep dish ACS 3 piece wheels are 17s, I believe, and most of the deep dish wheels that suit look best at around 17". Stock wheels were also 17". The 18" Alpina wheels look great on these cars too but I have seen some with bigger wheels that look good.

oh those acs are 17? ok 17s are good. haha

*changes mind very fast*