Sign in to follow this  
darrencnz

M50 2.5L Intake Manifold Wanted

Hey guys

I'm looking for an M50 2.5L intake manifold. Must be the 2.5L M50 with the bigger ports. PM me with price if anyone has one they wanna sell, am located in Christchurch.

Darren

Any chance you've got a M52 one? If so would you be interested in a swap?

i have m52 ones if needed

Would usually take you up on that offer but i cant start pulling it apart yet...

Doing the cams & ECU remap to suit?

ECU has been remapped but not cams at this stage, i really dont want to get too deep with the performance mods yet. Just getting this project completed by summer is going to be a bit of pain with my living arrangements at the moment here in Christchurch.

I have almost got all the parts i need, and the rest of the donor parts are coming of a dead engine coming out of a car in a couple of weeks. Engine will be up on the stand this week to start putting everything together but the actual swap is going to take some time as i need to buy another car before i can start...

Anyone still have m50 mani? 2.5? my mates after one

there was one on tarde me the other day, doesnt appear to be there anymore. It said it was off a 2.0L so i asked for photos of the ports, they looked big like the manifold i have but i was under the understanding that you needed the 2.5L manifold so i was a little confused when i saw the size of the ports.

Can someone explain how to tell the difference between the 2.0L and the 2.5L?

Thats a sh*t write up.

Totally misses the point of reduced runner diameter. increased air spesd means more torque. Basically making a more useful engine all around.

Doesnt show dyno figures.

Advises blocking pipes with bolts and removing throttle heating which is a bad idea in cold areas.

Was in regards to differences between b20 and b25 manifolds which it clearly illustrates. No ones talking about installation or benefits vs loses here.

Whoops. Didnt read the post before yours. My bad sorry.

I am removing the heater hoses from the throttle body as this car is not going to be a daily driver, i'm more after performance and for me it's just another thing that can go wrong. I dont like thier idea about the crank vent being plumbed back into the inlet like they say in the article, i feel like any of that vapour/mist is just going right back into your intake, dirty up sensors etc etc, i'll get my mate to weld the bit of pipe onto the E34 dipstick to drain back in the sump...