Sign in to follow this  
mad_r3v3nant

Has anyone had any experience in dealing with hell bm?

Hey got a manual conversion quote from hell bm but has anyone dealt with them? What are they like? How was your experience was it a good job? Cheers i

They're the best group for that kinda thing.

You may see they're also a forum sponsor. :)

Id think the majority of aucklanders would have had dealings with them and rate them highly. Ive bought some things off them and they were good to deal with.

Also, HOLY FREAKING GIGANTO SIGNATURE PIC BATMAN!

Id think the majority of aucklanders would have had dealings with them and rate them highly. Ive bought some things off them and they were good to deal with.

Also, HOLY FREAKING GIGANTO SIGNATURE PIC BATMAN!

Haha yea sig could do with a downsize went straight off my phone but feel like there's a lot of confidence in hell bms work

Had a bit of a laugh at this post..

I guess I don't need to chirp in as well, but yes, everyone is right :)

Ray is a good guy always been very helpful when I've got parts of him. Really knows his sh*t

Seemed good when I was there to grab some parts a while back, helped me diagnose a faulty aux fan, sold me a used one cheap and told me it was easy enough to install myself (which it was). Unlike another place which told me it was a big job and would cost $500 excl. parts.

Wish they replied to emails though... I've sent a few and have never heard back.

I tend to PM them, and get replies pretty smartly.

Just bought a wing mirror part from Ray earlier this week. He's very helpful. I will definitely go back to him as I need more parts.

Ray and his team are just the most helpful guys you will ever come across. His prices are sharp, his knowledge is second to none and they stock almost any part that’s needed. A+++++++

• Like 2

They have converted two of my cars to manual - 'drive in - drive out' no issues whatsoever, perfect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m325i said:

They have converted two of my cars to manual - 'drive in - drive out' no issues whatsoever, perfect. 

I've noticed their conversion prices are awesome. Presumably they keep your autobox afterwards and given the refurb/resale value of them allows a tidy offset to keep the pricing down? I have also heard nothing but good about them but cannot vouch personall.

9 hours ago, HalfJobHarry said:

I've noticed their conversion prices are awesome. Presumably they keep your autobox afterwards and given the refurb/resale value of them allows a tidy offset to keep the pricing down? I have also heard nothing but good about them but cannot vouch personall.

My e36 had a Jatco box which had no value. E46 uses the same box as SMG.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, m325i said:

E46 uses the same box as SMG.

I thought the bellhousings looked different so assume you still need to cannibalise a valuable manual to make it happen?

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I thought the bellhousings looked different so assume you still need to cannibalise a valuable manual to make it happen?

Done properly you machine your existing one for the detents, I believe. There are after market shifter solutions now where you can avoid that if you want.