_ethrty-Andy_

Official Tools for Hire Thread

44 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

I've got one but wouldn't be able to scan it for you for a few days 🤒

I'll fire you a PM

Anyone got a fuel pump lock ring tool? Need to change the LPFP on my e82, closer to auckland the better

cheers

10 hours ago, elias said:

Anyone got a fuel pump lock ring tool?

In E46 land thats a hammer and punch / screw driver or similar ? Or if feeling strong some dish washing gloves 💪

I may be talking out my ass but i think most pump rings take the same tools :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2022 at 8:24 PM, Cement said:

In E46 land thats a hammer and punch / screw driver or similar ? Or if feeling strong some dish washing gloves 💪

I may be talking out my ass but i think most pump rings take the same tools :)

yeah there is a proper tool for it, but hammer and flat head did the trick, fuel pump swapped out but didn't fix the problem unfortunately 

I have a spare N54 HPFP that came off my donor engine. Believed to have as much as 100k on it though.

If you've got an earlier N54 then the HPFP will almost certainly fail relatively early. Mine failed at 54k. I understand the replacement units have cured the fault. 

I'll dig out my spare and check if it's one of the later pumps. If not save yourself an arm and a leg and get from FCP Euro. 

Hi Harry. Out of curiosity, what are typical symptoms of the HPFP failing?Cheers, John

23 hours ago, gofaster said:

Hi Harry. Out of curiosity, what are typical symptoms of the HPFP failing?Cheers, John

The big ones to look out for are misfires but another mode can be a hard start first thing in the morning due to the pressure not building quickly enough in a failing pump.

What's often misunderstood is that it's really only the early production run of HPFPs that "die young"...often well below 100k KM. Even below 50k KM. 

The replacement spec should live a very long life. 

With BMWs easy access to a scanner tool / inpa or even better some way to take logs is essential to ownership as proper diagnosis is vital to prevent massive unnecessary expenditure. 

However as with all things automotive..the symptoms above can be nothing to do with the HPFP. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 9:24 AM, HalfJobHarry said:

I have a spare N54 HPFP that came off my donor engine. Believed to have as much as 100k on it though.

If you've got an earlier N54 then the HPFP will almost certainly fail relatively early. Mine failed at 54k. I understand the replacement units have cured the fault. 

I'll dig out my spare and check if it's one of the later pumps. If not save yourself an arm and a leg and get from FCP Euro. 

Hi sorry man, just saw this now, appreciate the offer though, just replaced mine with one out of an early n55 from a wrecker, cost me $440. Car runs great now though!

On another note, anyone in auckland got a guard roller? And possibly be willing to lend a hand with rolling the rear guards on my 1 series coupe? Happy to supply beer/cash for your efforts, cheers

Edited by elias

On 4/24/2022 at 5:16 PM, elias said:

Hi sorry man, just saw this now, appreciate the offer though, just replaced mine with one out of an early n55 from a wrecker, cost me $440. Car runs great now though!

On another note, anyone in auckland got a guard roller? And possibly be willing to lend a hand with rolling the rear guards on my 1 series coupe? Happy to supply beer/cash for your efforts, cheers

Glad it's sorted...did you not fancy the FCP Euro lifetime replacement...or couldn't wait for delivery. 

had a look at fop euro but its over $1000usd by the time you include the core charge and the shipping and import tax on top of that dont have the money for that atm, although probably worth it with the lifetime warranty, the one from the wrecker is working great and gave me a 3month warranty which is better than nothing I guess... too many things to do on these cars, time to buy a guard roller next

12 hours ago, elias said:

had a look at fop euro but its over $1000usd by the time you include the core charge and the shipping and import tax on top of that dont have the money for that atm, although probably worth it with the lifetime warranty, the one from the wrecker is working great and gave me a 3month warranty which is better than nothing I guess... too many things to do on these cars, time to buy a guard roller next

You're right..900 usd is a lot more than I thought they would be. Fortunately the later model part tend not to fail. It's the earlier runs that had a design flaw. 

Sounds like you got a good deal and glad it's all sorted. 

• Like 1

Anyone have a hard top hook wrench for adjustment? 
P/n: 54211972684

Or known working solution without damaging any of the components, ie - I'm wary to slam vice grips in there etc.

Anyone in auckland got a subframe bushing tool for e82/e9x by any chance? Need to pull out the OEM subframe bushings.

Cheers 

Does anyone have N47 cam locking tools to check timing? 

Anyone got the tools to change n54 injector seals? Got a leaky injector, found a good one to swap in but would like to change the seal before I put it in. Happy to pay to borrow it etc

cheers 

Hi,  does anyone have an  OBD II scanner/reset tool for e46?   I need to reset my airbag light.  I've replaced the wiring under the seat with stuff from pick a part so need to check if it is fixed.

• Like 1

Hi about to try install an LSD, anyone got the 50mm spanner that you need to remove e82/e90 driveshaft? Happy to pay to borrow it/beers etc

Cheers

Anyone based in Auckland happen to have a car rotisserie that I can hire / borrow? Happy to compensate of course. For context, it’ll be for an E30 that I’m trying to finish off before summer - will make my life a whole lot easier, and probably cleaner. Thanks!

Anyone have a Kess V2 to read my ecu, pref in Hamilton area but will travel ot Akl if necessary? Want to get the egr and dpf mapped out of a 308hdi and need to download the standard map to send off for doctoring.

Anyone have a RTAB removal tool I could potentially rent off them for a few days? Looking at doing my RTABS before getting an alignment.

1 hour ago, Hazzy said:

Anyone have a RTAB removal tool I could potentially rent off them for a few days? Looking at doing my RTABS before getting an alignment.

Id help if out if i could remember exactly what i used but https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/repair-kits/listing/3809340010 is a good investment

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 8:31 PM, Hazzy said:

Yep - I have this cup set I used to do the rear bushings on my E46 Touring a few years ago.  I'm assuming that's the car you want it for?  It weighs about 5kg (for shipping purposes)

IMG_20221021_1057033.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spinner99 said:

Yep - I have this cup set I used to do the rear bushings on my E46 Touring a few years ago.  I'm assuming that's the car you want it for?  It weighs about 5kg (for shipping purposes)

Where did you source it from if you don't mind asking?

On 10/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, Vass said:

Where did you source it from if you don't mind asking?

Hi @Vass

I got it from these guys  https://nsttool.en.alibaba.com/   .  Back then Youshop had a China warehouse so I got it sent there then on to NZ. 

Edited by Spinner99
  • Like 1