Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Bathurst streaming

Damn didn't realise Bathurst has moved to Sky.

Does anyone know if/where I can stream it from the net? Don't mind if it's delayed

Weird, all I'm seeing is footage from the 70s :s

That was while it was red flagged.

Is still streaming.

• Like 1

well then .... you wouldnt ever read about that ending .... epic stuff!

"You only need to lead the last lap" How old is that? Brabham?

He is right though - incredible race!

Got to feel for Whincup though!

Never feel for Whingecup. Not even once.

I feel for SVG though. Let down by a shitty starter motor.

• Like 2

I'd not say Whincup lost - his team did. Running out of fuel is all-but inexcusable with all the technology the teams use. Component failure (like a starter motor) is much harder to account for.

Mostert & Co did exactly the right thing. They knew Whincup was short on fuel, and pushed, and pushed until he ran out.

One the the best aspects of the results (for me) was that the top 4 cars all came from different manufacturers. That shows there is competition in the championship, rather than having one manufacturer run away with it. Makes for a much more interesting, and exciting, series.

Good weekend all round for Mercedes. (See F1 results.)

Running out of fuel after resetting the lap record 4 times while beimg told to slow is pure arrogance.

• Like 5

Awesome, even had half time so I could mow the lawns.

• Like 3

Running out of fuel after resetting the lap record 4 times while being told to slow is pure arrogance.

True.

I retract my earlier statement. Whincup lost, it was his own fault, and his team should give him a good kicking for being an arrogant cock! :D

It is surprising how much hate Wincup is getting. His Whining and occasional attitude issues outweigh his brilliant driving ability. That sort of behavior is fine for toss pot F1 drivers. But the Aussie V8's is very much a peoples race where Wayne drinking his Toothies or XXXX from Wallawallabungaloo wants to see someone he can relate to driving the brand he would die for. Lowndes has got that down.

So when do you think they will drop Dehlgren from Volvo? He has just not gotten anywhere at all. Scott needs some team backup imo. Get Premat back in there. He drove bloody great on the weekend. Even the dreamers of Team Black were out driving the Swede.

SVG needs some back up also. Redbull has proven that teamwork between the drivers can really pressure the other drivers out of positions. See it over and over.

E.g. Lowndes "Sun Strike" on the weekend. More like remove the threat to the team.

• Like 3

It is surprising how much hate Wincup is getting.  His Whining and occasional attitude issues outweigh his brilliant driving ability.  That sort of behavior is fine for toss pot F1 drivers.  But the Aussie V8's is very much a peoples race where Wayne drinking his Toothies or XXXX from Wallawallabungaloo wants to see someone he can relate to driving the brand he would die for.  Lowndes has got that down.

So when do you think they will drop Dehlgren from Volvo?  He has just not gotten anywhere at all.  Scott needs some team backup imo.  Get Premat back in there.  He drove bloody great on the weekend.  Even the dreamers of Team Black were out driving the Swede.

SVG needs some back up also.  Redbull has proven that teamwork between the drivers can really pressure the other drivers out of positions.  See it over and over.

E.g.  Lowndes "Sun Strike" on the weekend.  More like remove the threat to the team.

Dahlgren came with the brand sponsorship. Volvo want a reason to show the v8s in sweden

Yeah that's right. But I don't think he is doing the brand any good. The brand itself is enough for the Swedes to sit up and watch. Get the Frenchy back in the seat or try and hook someone Timo Glock from DTM. He would fit right in.

Ambrose coming back will be interesting. None of the drivers were sorry to see him go. Doubt any are keen to see him return.

+1 for Premat,

Whincup drove like a madman all day, was a great watch.
Big feels for SVG and Scotty!

Edited by pldubs

Ambrose coming back will be interesting. None of the drivers were sorry to see him go. Doubt any are keen to see him return.

Oh crap. When's this supposed to happen? Did hear he was bombing at NASCAR but that was a while back

Coming back next season, as part of the Penske Racing that will be joining forces with one of the existing team (DJR I think...)

Penske are a big outfit in US racing, will be interesting to see how they go in Aussie.

^^^^^ boo to you Ron! Moto gp is boring!!

• Like 1

It's bathhurst, about as exciting as mowing the lawn.

Guess what I did while it was on... :lol:

... actually the Mrs did most of it (8 months pregnant ^_^, while I weeded trimemd and planted) - best thing I ever did was buy an electric lawnmower - no starting issues, easy to stop and start anytime and so smelly petrol... and much easier than manouvering the rideon around the kids toys. I think she does the lawn 5 times to my once now B)

It's bathhurst, about as exciting as mowing the lawn and watching a brawl in a pub - it's either boring or ugly and the outcome is a raffle.

Moto GP at Motegi was far better, looking forward to Phillip island this weekend.

Road bike racing. Its about as exciting as having to watch your 12 year old daughters gymnastics event. Surprisingly all the riders have the same body frame as a 12 year old girl. They have hissy fits like them too.

Watch out!!! There is a slippery curb! oooohhhh he fell off and can't pick it up again...

• Like 2