Sign in to follow this  
LouisHull

In need of E30 expert.

Hey everyone.

Im in need of an E30 expert.

I have recently try to fix my m tech 2 facelift, I set half an hour aside on sunday arvo, but like every bmw job it turned into two hours and not yet completed. I have identified the problem I had with the front bumper. It was that the hooks that hold the bumper to the inner metal frame are broken and need replacing.

post-51634-0-23351900-1413242081_thumb.j

post-51634-0-26877400-1413242115_thumb.j

This little hook is the only one that wasn't broken out of 5. So I need to remove the other ones, but to do this I think I have to remove the middle piece of the bumper, but how I do this is where im stuck. There are two large start bolts on the bottom of the middle piece that I suspect is where you undo it and it will just slide out but im hoping someone can comfirm this or point me in the right direction of how to do this.

post-51634-0-83465300-1413242400_thumb.j

post-51634-0-67841600-1413242155_thumb.j

post-51634-0-69115000-1413242383_thumb.j

Cheers

post-51634-0-16597900-1413242140_thumb.j

Yes undo those bolts, and the bumper will slide out. There are plastic sliders on the sides which hold it in place.

Yes undo those bolts, and the bumper will slide out. There are plastic sliders on the sides which hold it in place.

thank you, do you know where I can get some of those clips?

Edited by Mo_BHP_Mo_Problems

You can probably source from the dealer. I'll find the part number later.. I need new ones too.

I have the std lower trim clips for the lip that goes on a facelift front panel

new ones in stock

bm world

brent@bmworld.co.nz

e30s are never a half hour job, take what you think it will take and then keep dreaming. haha jk. just my luck haha

nice car btw

usually you will need a big torx socket to take them out, pretty much the only bolts on the car that design!!! sometimes they are just a regular inverse hex

usually you will need a big torx socket to take them out, pretty much the only bolts on the car that design!!! sometimes they are just a regular inverse hex

Do you know what socket i would use for this, or what its called. Its a star pattern, ive got a torx wrench at home to use for it