Sign in to follow this  
MISS BM

'THE' M3...

Personally think you could have left it for Amber to break the news on Bimmersport.

I would be very pissed off if i stacked the E30 and someone saw it and posted it up.

Its hard enough to come to the realisation your pride and joy is crashed as it is. Has happened to two of my cars now, though both not as bad as this one, so can feel her pain.

Eh? Since when was sharing the pain a bad thing? Hardly celebrating Ambers misfortune - was genuine in reaching out.

• Like 5

Hey everyone.

Thanks for the messages and kind words.

I shifted through about 50 texts, calls and Facebook messages after it happened - it was sort of like I had a lost a member of the family, and to be fair I have.

The cops were great to work with. The senior constable in. Charge turned to me and said in the 18 years on the job, never has he seen a women so distraught and upset about a car. So topped that record!!

I've been to see it at the yard. It was pretty heart breaking. I'm hoping somewhere, someone can manage the fix for the insured value but it doesn't seem hopeful. It will most likely be a write off.

Ray and his team are the only ones capable of achieving the job to perfection in bringing her back, but it's now a matter of time and money...

The lady who hit me is at fault for the damage (go figure) and I'm pleased she walked out alright.

Right now, my time is spent wondering how to get this beast back on the road, as I'm pretty shot my dream car was taken so soon..

It was a split thought of 'Friday's = No Traffic let's take it out' and I'm going to regret it everyday.

Sure there are probably other cars out there, but this M3 was 'my' car, so it's still shattering.

I will keep everyone updated, and thanks again for the support!

• Like 7

i know you love the car, and im really glad youre OK... but im half of the mind that if its as ugly as it looks in the photo earlier, would you want it back repaired? Itll never been the same car again. Same with replacing it, i wouldnt get another E46, because ive been there, you will never find one that lives up to the expectations of the previous one and you will just burn money trying.

Whatever happens, im sure you will find something to heal the pain.

How bad is the damage at the front? We just repaired an m3 with the same sort of damage at the rear and it had frontal damage as we'll. I guess it comes down to howmuch the quotes are and howmuch the cars insured for.

Well if the insurance pays out, maybe you could get something a bit different. E9x series, 335i if not an M3.

Otherwise, there's a fair number of E46 M3s on Trademe, some seem to have been listed for a long time.

That sucks, especially as you've only had it a short while. I reckon it heard you lusting after the E92 M3 last week, and thinking it's life was over

asked the other car to put it out of its misery.

• Like 2

Massive shoutout to Swann Insurance. They are legends.

They are having the vehicle towed from yard to my allocated Panelbeaters shortly; and assessment will go from there.

Super quick and easy to deal with and certainly don't muck around!

Fingers crossed... Maybe..: sort of :/

• Like 2

If they write it off .. make sure you have first right of buy back. And chat to Ray (if you havent already) im sure he has a bunch of ideas.

If they write it off .. make sure you have first right of buy back. And chat to Ray (if you havent already) im sure he has a bunch of ideas.

Will do.

Ray was I think the first point of call after 111 haha!

All options will be explored. I've been inundated with offers to purchase it through me vs auction, it seems E46M3s are hot property (once crashed lol)

A few fairly good offers but I'd like it back in my drive going. Will see!

Edited by MISS BM
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear Amber.

Good luck in whatever option you pursue on repair/replacement.

That sucks. Bad. I've been in similar straits and I can easily remember the feeling... Only thing I would say is take your time weighing the options so that what happens is what you want. I'm sure you will anyway as you seem to be pretty switched on :-)

Believe it or not there are upsides here. For one you didn't destroy your dream - some other 'person' made the fu4k up. The other major up is you didn't get hurt personally so you have time to dream some more.

• Like 2

Make a BMW 'S3' (Schnitzer 3)

Hybrid the two cars together for one ultimate car.

Then purchase E36 318is for fun car..

Kidding.

My goal is to have her back in my driveway. Strict curfews will be put in place if that happens. Eg: No driving in traffic, not to be driven in the wet, bull bars front and rear... Nah not really, but I think I'll become a concerned mother whenever it gets driven (if it ever gets driven again)

I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed and all.

Right now it's just waiting back from insurance on what's the verdict. It's been the most intense waiting period ever. Women should never love cars, this sh*t gets too emotional! Haha.

• Like 5

Make a BMW 'S3' (Schnitzer 3)

Hybrid the two cars together for one ultimate car.

Then purchase E36 318is for fun car..

Kidding.

My goal is to have her back in my driveway. Strict curfews will be put in place if that happens. Eg: No driving in traffic, not to be driven in the wet, bull bars front and rear... Nah not really, but I think I'll become a concerned mother whenever it gets driven (if it ever gets driven again)

I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed and all.

Right now it's just waiting back from insurance on what's the verdict. It's been the most intense waiting period ever. Women should never love cars, this sh*t gets too emotional! Haha.

Women ain't the only emotional one's when it comes to their cars!! Trust me! I have shed many a tear over my cars and I am man enough to admit it hahahah

I cry everytime a people mover parks next to any of my cars

• Like 10

Don't get me started on close parking and door dents from careless schmucks.

The bane of my life!

• Like 2

Don't get me started on close parking and door dents from careless schmucks.

The bane of my life!

+infinity on that one.

At my work they told us they were going to improve the parking for us due to the increase in staff and lack of parks. Did they increase the size of the parking lot. NO!

They friggin shrink the size of the parking space by about 20cm. WTF.

Hang on. I'm gonna copy and paste this for the rant thread. Damn it. I'm agrivated now.. lol

• Like 2

Sorry to hear Amber ... this must be devastating!!

A story to lighten the mood perhaps ... When I had my 03 M3, it was rear ended by a drunk driver in town with just 1200km on the clock (imagine my pain, as I had only taken delivery for no more than a week) ... the bastard promptly took off, so I had to chase after him exhaust hanging and scrapping along the road sparking. Fun chase though. Zero points for the Cops in Downtown Auckland (where I managed to stop him right outside the station) for not even bothering to take a look at a drunk driver on the road right outside the station.

Hope to see it rebuilt and better than before.

There is no such a thing as damaged cars, just ones waiting to be improved upon : )

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 4

^so what happened with the drunk guy and the car??

Car was repaired to like new by what was once Euro Collision (new boot, rear bumper, full new exhaust system and hangers) Luckily most of the impact was on the lower bumper and exhaust, the boot had an ever so slight dent but insurance paid for it.

I couldn't careless what happened to the drunk driver, but I believe the Insurance company took him to the cleaners to pay for the 5 figure repair bill (I think it was $18K all up including parts)

Sorry to hijack my thread back.

Car went MIA, as insurance told me it had been picked up and dropped off Monday, and Repairer said they didn't have it - found it, still at towing yard.

The assessor doesn't believe it's worth towing to a panelbeater to even get a quote done as they don't think it can be repaired.. I personally know it can and have spoken to those who are the experts. Anything is possible, with the right amount of $$

I've told them I don't care what their assessor might think right now, I'd still like it towed for an assessment at my chosen repairer. I dropped the words 'sentimental', 'dream car' and a few other cheesy things to get them to realise it's not just another dumb car.

I was under the impression they had to obtain a quote from someone, vs just writing it off there and then.

Is anyone an insurance guru about keeping the vehicle live if it is to be written off?

The last time I had a car written off the insurance company paid me out and I was able to buy the car back from them. I then used the money they paid me to have the repairs done and I actually came out of the whole deal with money in my pocket.

Might pay to ask them if they're willing to sell it back to you and for how much if they're so keen on writing it off before they've even had it assessed.

You could end up with a whole lot more money to spend on your pride and joy if it works out that way.

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 1

I was under the impression they had to obtain a quote from someone, vs just writing it off there and then.

Is anyone an insurance guru about keeping the vehicle live if it is to be written off?

It's the assessors job to assess whether to right it off or not. Standard practice.

You'll have to negotiate a settlement with the insurer to include buy back from them.

If the rego is cancelled you might run into problems with the repair as it will probably need a repair cert in order to re-register it for the road which might cost a fair bit. Can only suggest you get onto them about a buy back before they have a chance to deregister it, I bought a right off back from the insurer and managed to come out the other side with a live rego but there might have been a bit of luck in that.

PS, dont underestimate the cost to repair. It's a bit of a gamble that you will need to think carefully about.