Sign in to follow this  
KING_POM

e30 318i/2 m3 body conversion

Bottom one looks rad, was going to do the same. Only because I figured if I crashed or got hit in to, I could just replace the panel and throw some random patches onto it.

• Like 3

Bottom one looks rad, was going to do the same. Only because I figured if I crashed or got hit in to, I could just replace the panel and throw some random patches onto it.

Yeh those were my thoughts too plus camo hides dents and body imperfections really well so will take more knocks before panel needs replacing

I do like the bottom design quite a lot. Would look pretty rad. Nice forza paint skills :P

• Like 1

I do like the bottom design quite a lot. Would look pretty rad. Nice forza paint skills :P

Haha yeh forza the best place for it lol ok so i have had quite a few good comments on the bottom one so will develop that idea a bit and post some more pics :)

So todays progress was slow as it started raining but test painted the c pillar white and got the lexan rear window ready to glue in etc. Hopefully weather will allow more work romorrow :(

post-16283-0-50198300-1421480646_thumb.j

Sorry for the slow progress.. been trying to get my pug back on the road after its engine swap..

here is todays efforts. Glued and riveted in lexan rear window and painted window surround and top of guard. A little more sanding and fibreglass to do on front lower section of guard and she will get a lick of paint.. next stage is roof and lexan side windows...

post-16283-0-62069400-1422075105_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looking good man! don't worry too much about the progress. Rather spend a long time doing a small amount then a long time fixing and redoing a large amount. Ive spent 2 weeks on detailing the left rear section on the ute :-)

• Like 1

Looks really awesome ... such a great shape you have going on there.

Thanks josh, it had been alot of hard work so far. And the fruits of my labour are finally starting to show :)

id like to introduce you to the latest member of the e30 build jack..

to connect lollipops together?

Was going to use it for that but decided it would be a better (removable) radiator support panel as mine got the chop :P

Tall, thin, orange and named jack.

Reminds me of one of our bimmersport ex pats. Does that piece of metal owe a whole lot of people money too?

• Like 5

Lol some how i dont think this jack owes people money.. someone to steer clear of though by the sounds of it?

So today i started filling the roof hole in with pouring foam. Needs filling and sanding etc after the general shape is made and then i will fibreglass over the top.

The theory is that when the fibreglass is set i can pull away the foam and be left with a roof skin.

final picture is a roll of kevlar im going to use just to give it more strength and hopefully stop fg splinters coming through in the event of a roll over.

Will post more pics as i make more progress.

post-16283-0-52455500-1423273280_thumb.j

post-16283-0-30635300-1423273294_thumb.j

post-16283-0-21073800-1423273304_thumb.j

post-16283-0-51195300-1423273345_thumb.j

• Like 1

mould pretty much finished just smoothing and filling. Tomorrow i will layer the kevlar and then layers of fibreglass followed by a final layer of carbonfibre (mainly just for cosmetic purposes)

post-16283-0-57342600-1423300821_thumb.j

post-16283-0-36490000-1423300840_thumb.j

How hard is that foam to cut / shape? Could you get a 1m steel rule / straight edge and sharpen one side. And and run it over the roof giving it a clean cut ? If you get what i mean. Just an idea

• Like 1

How hard is that foam to cut / shape? Could you get a 1m steel rule / straight edge and sharpen one side. And and run it over the roof giving it a clean cut ? If you get what i mean. Just an idea

Not quite that easy unfortunately although that is possible with a hotwire of which i dont have... i just used a hacksaw blade and gently shaved it down. Will post more pics up shortly..

Sorry for the slow progress.. been trying to get my pug back on the road after its engine swap..

Being a BMW and Pug owner, I spotted the blue Pug in one of your pics :)

Is is a GTi/6 or a Xsi ?

Great work on the BMW BTW :)

Edited by camera doctor

Hey mate how did you undo the bolts on the steering column to drop it down? They have weird security heads on them I think. I thought id ask before I go and cut the heads off.

Sharp cold chisel bro. Dont forget the hammer ahem.

• Like 1

Being a BMW and Pug owner, I spotted the blue Pug in one of your pics :)

Is is a GTi/6 or a Xsi ?

Great work on the BMW BTW :)

Thanks. Its an xsi with an s16 engine swap gone from 80hp 8v to 155hp 16v :D heaps of fun.. heres engine pre install and car as she sits now :)

post-16283-0-80475400-1423562316_thumb.j

post-16283-0-68246000-1423562328_thumb.j

Edited by BADassE30
  • Like 1