Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Dreamer of the day?

tbh I think the price is reasonable. Could be a little cheaper but considering the low kms and condition it's not too bad. Still, for that asking price I think it will be sitting there for quite awhile.

Edit: Actually the more I think about it, you're right. The 2lr E30s are not very desirable, particularly the automatics.

Edited by Kepes

That would be my car........I think the price is reasonable,considering the gear that's on it and the condition it's in which is not a tired old e30 that's been thrashed within an inch of it's life and is now a worthless POS,which unfortunately or fortunately depended on how you look at it, is becoming more common. If someone broke it down for parts they would still win. Anyway...I have had good interest, I do realize that selling cars is about what the market is prepared to pay, not what you think it's worth, and I think the price I put on is a good starting point. Besides you will see that I have reduced the price to better reflect that market.

And yes, it may not be a more popular 325 manual, or similar but it still has a place in the market.

Cheers

Edited by NZ300E
  • Like 3

Looks nice and tidy and I agree with you that it's hard to find a tidy unbutchered e30 these days.

However, the ACS pin striping, ACS badge and 'is' badge seem abit tacky to me. If it had an ACS kit maybe...

I noticed you've changed the price. I think that it is now very reasonable considering the mileage, and the care/work you've put into it over your 10year ownership. Like john said, something like this is fairly hard to find. I also agree with the acs and is badging being a bit tacky, but each to their own

Any older car which can show an extended period of individual ownership with related regular maintenance, care and attention is obviously a reasonable buy.

Value? What someone is prepared to pay. Much more tricky. Location narrows the market... Not from a collection perspective necessarily, but when 'good' money is asked for a vehicle, regardless of how good that vehicle may be, there is a requirement to thoroughly inspect. That's more tricky if significant distance and time is involved.

My gut says price is still a little high, but if it is as good as it's described to be, it could well be worth it. The updates are a matter of personal choice, but there's nothing offensive (unlike some cars we see offered!) and nothing irreversible should a new owner choose to do so.

GLWS.

thanks for the input......like the description says, its my interpretation. just like some people might not like the ACS stuff, i personally dont like non period rubbish put on cars that look totally out of place, but the person owning that car might love it. Its all subjective.

And like Graham says...the ACS pin strip and I S badge is easily removable if its not to somebodys taste. If you drove this car I think you would feel the price is justified...honestly with the suspension completely done it makes for a great comfy cruiser,and much more character and style than a jap car of similar price... and not everyone wants a balls out road burner.....

oh and by the way, BMW did make a 320i s for portugal and italy in the 80's it was exactly the same spec as mine with 4 doors, mtech 1 spoiler, is front splitter and is badging,and 15" bbs basketweaves. the only thing different was it had the M3 motor (reduced to 2 litres), so to look at you could not tell the difference....which is what i was going for. Now if I could only find a 2.3 M3 donk and box and find a way to fit the impossible......hmmmmm. Then it would not be for sale. :-)

cheers

Edited by NZ300E
  • Like 1

Apologies if I have caused any upset, but I hate pretentious statements that some people make in their ads, when what they are selling is run of the mill. At the end of the day is a auto 320i, I would be blown over if someone genuinely contacted the seller to ask why it's so cheap, considering it is priced at the top of the market.

But good luck with your sale.

Interesting that all of those pumping the value are E30 owners.

• Like 1

Guess what.......SOLD........... not 10 minutes ago. For the price asked. And yes,someone DID contact me and ask that. If you did not know the e30 world and saw the condition of it, maybe it would be a legitamate question.

Edited by NZ300E
  • Like 3

Glad you got what you wanted dude. e30 market is more emotive than logical in my opinion because they are just so good looking :)

Interesting that all of those pumping the value are E30 owners.

Someone has to do it :ph34r:

Congratulations on the sale! Quite a unique car, worth what you got.

All E30 owners should be happy with that. People are getting nuts prices for E30's at the moment.

Wanna buy mine? 13k and you can have it! ;)

I don't know the specifics of the car in this thread at all, but I think a really decent low km e30 is worth quite a lot of money nowdays, if you can find one.

The overpriced cars (in my opinion) are the e30s at the lower end of the market. These worn out, poor condition cars are on their last legs and would cost a fortune to lift to the level of some of the nicer cars.

It will be a contentious point to all 4 door fans, but I also think the premium for 2 door cars will greatly increase over the 4 door as the cars get older and rarer.

Haha and to think I nearly let my E30 go for $7K.

Ah, so this was about the 320 'iS' that was for sale. Thought about questions but didn't want to crap all over someone's auction.

Haha, yeah, that has been on there for ages! Still not gonna move at that supposedly reduced price.