Sign in to follow this  
tigerzoo

1992 E30 325i Convertible

That's so nice especially the hardtop, big money and not common. Only down fall is it is not manual, But easily fixed. mint car mate good luck with sale

• Like 1

It is a nice car Alex, there is some market feeback on the thread here..

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/51844-wow-e30-rag-top-3/

Hi Jon,

I've had a look at the comments and it is good to see the level of interest and enthusiasm for the car but, with all due respect, I think the comments are based on the commentators experience of their own or other cars which I don't believe would even come vagulely close to the condition of this car or it's level of specification and history.

Add to that the hardtop which is irreplaceable today and when new, was an $8000 extra cost option. This was a NZ$100 000 E30 in 1991.

I know this as I sold this car to the first owner as a new Tourist Delivery to be collected in London when I worked at Team McMillan BMW, and yes, the factory did incorrectly install an MPH speedo in the car.

After 3 months of travelling around the UK and Europe the car arrived in NZ with approx 5000 miles on it and the owner was not fussed with changing the speedo to KMs.

I bought the car when the first owner traded it in 1997.

I have known this car from new and have owned it for 18 years but now have other projects I wish to pursue.

I know of only two E30 Convertible hardtops in NZ and the other one belongs to a friend of mine who has owned his car since new in 1989.

This is a very special car and any new owner will realise it quite soon.

I am not rushing to sell her as I don't need to and while one might say that the market will determine the price this is a situation where I will not meet the market expectation.

I have indicated the price that I am prepared to accept for her above.

Cheers

Edited by tigerzoo

Alex - I can't comment on the price or value. I simply don't know.

But I'd really like to see a pic or two with the hardtop on if you have any?

• Like 1

Hi Graham,

I don't think I do but will search and see what I can find. Probably in print pix, not digital, so will have to scan when I can if I find one.

Awesome car good luck with the sale .. Hope it goes to someone who will appreciate it

• Like 1

Not my opinions, just pointing you to the other thread, hopefully there is someone out there who will appreciate it as much as you.

My car had a hard top with it from new, I ended up selling it as it became a complete pain to store it and it was never used.

When new, and these cars were dailied the hard-top was a great option to have in the winter. Chances are that now they will only be used as second cars, for sunny Sunday afternoon drives (sweeping generalisation there).

Has yours got the stand and lifting cradle still? Makes getting it on and off 100 times easier if you're on your own.

• Like 1

i want a lid for mine! afaik it was never supplied with one. They are easily attainable out of the US or Europe, for $1500 or so, just the shipping makes it a bit uneconomical.

I would put money on mine being as good as yours condition wise, mine comes from a similar history, just without the tourist delivery part

Do you still have the original 15" basketweaves it came on?

They will be $20k cars again in the future, but E30 M3 are still obtanium, i dare say a real E30 entusiest is still more likely to wait out for one of them if the budget allows.

• Like 1

Not my opinions, just pointing you to the other thread, hopefully there is someone out there who will appreciate it as much as you.

My car had a hard top with it from new, I ended up selling it as it became a complete pain to store it and it was never used.

When new, and these cars were dailied the hard-top was a great option to have in the winter. Chances are that now they will only be used as second cars, for sunny Sunday afternoon drives (sweeping generalisation there).

Has yours got the stand and lifting cradle still? Makes getting it on and off 100 times easier if you're on your own.

I still have the cradle and the hoist mechanism although it needs a new cable.

Hardtops are probably more useful in colder climes but can still be very beneficial in our wet winters.

True story that this car will be an enthusiasts weekend ride and not a daily driver.

Looking at your birthday, my car was registered one week after you were born! LOL!

Edited by tigerzoo
  • Like 1

i want a lid for mine! afaik it was never supplied with one. They are easily attainable out of the US or Europe, for $1500 or so, just the shipping makes it a bit uneconomical.

I would put money on mine being as good as yours condition wise, mine comes from a similar history, just without the tourist delivery part

Do you still have the original 15" basketweaves it came on?

They will be $20k cars again in the future, but E30 M3 are still obtanium, i dare say a real E30 entusiest is still more likely to wait out for one of them if the budget allows.

Only the spare is still the 15" Cross-spoke original. You can still buy replacement wheels from BMW.

Show us some pix of yours then we will know how good it is.

E30 M3s will never be 20k!

Looking at your birthday, my car was registered in NZ 1 week after you were born! LOL!

Edited by tigerzoo
  • Like 1

Looking at your birthday, my car was registered one week after you were born! LOL!

I think that might be possible for Andy, but while I have a baby face I still pre-date the E21, let alone the E30 cab.

• Like 1

Only the spare is still the 15" Cross-spoke original. You can still buy replacement wheels from BMW.

Show us some pix of yours then we will know how good it is.

E30 M3s will never be 20k!

Looking at your birthday, my car was registered in NZ 1 week after you were born! LOL!

there is a thread here with pictures, will have an update for it this weekend some time

i should rephrase, if you were spending 20k on your e30, the punters aren't going to be too short of a dollar and can probably find the not-much-extra for an M3.

you can still get nice tidy facelifts for just on $10. i paid $6700 for mine 18 months ago, but admittedly was a very good deal, and the guy needed it gone, the ex wife wanted her slice of it. bitch.

Yes probably, my E30 cabby is 9 months older than me, sat on a lot for a year before being registered when i was two months old.

actually everything in my drive was made before i started school. They made all the good stuff in those years :D

• Like 1

there is a thread here with pictures, will have an update for it this weekend some time

i should rephrase, if you were spending 20k on your e30, the punters aren't going to be too short of a dollar and can probably find the not-much-extra for an M3.

you can still get nice tidy facelifts for just on $10. i paid $6700 for mine 18 months ago, but admittedly was a very good deal, and the guy needed it gone, the ex wife wanted her slice of it. bitch.

Yes probably, my E30 cabby is 9 months older than me, sat on a lot for a year before being registered when i was two months old.

actually everything in my drive was made before i started school. They made all the good stuff in those years :D

Including yourself, no doubt!

Several have commented on the wheels so here are 3 pix.

325 with X-spokes before body kit.

410764621.jpg

320 Touring with X-spokes from 325, now the BMW Club safety car.

410764620.jpg

The Terrific Twosome at home about 6 - 7 years ago!

410764622.jpg

Beautiful car. Man I love E30's.

Good luck with the sale of this, wish I had a garage!!

• Like 1

I remember seeing the ZOOZ number plate around saint lukes or sandringham or somewhere, in the late late 90's

Very nice B)

• Like 1

I remember seeing the ZOOZ number plate around saint lukes or sandringham or somewhere, in the late late 90's

Very nice B)

Still on the car and lives in Mt Eden. Stands for 2002 which is what it was first on.

I think that might be possible for Andy, but while I have a baby face I still pre-date the E21, let alone the E30 cab.

OOPS!

posted to the wrong message!

Sorry, can't find any pix with the Hardtop on the car.