Apex

Quick rant thread.

the new Mini headlights which emit a really strong, super bright blue light at a distance. really distracting.

f**k it, might as well just say new Minis. How can you get away with calling something that makes my Fit look tiny, a Mini?

How can you judge any car when you drive a fit? xDxDxD

• Like 7

because maybe i dont like to piss money away sitting in traffic in something uncomfortable and thirsty? Ill take a cheap to run, comfortable, modern daily any day.

^^I'm sorry you seem to have entered a forum for proper cars by mistake.. :ph34r::blink:

While on the subject of headlights, how f**king hard is it to turn the bloody things on when it's dark?? I have lost count of the number of pillocks that have been driving around after dark without their lights on. Some have been in urban areas where there are streetlights, so they can see where they are going, but it still makes it pretty damn hard to see your black car.

Even flashed one muppet when I saw he had no lights on, and he just smiled and waved back - jeesh. Do they not wonder why their dashboard is hard to read...

• Like 5

^^I'm sorry you seem to have entered a forum for proper cars by mistake.. :ph34r::blink:

While on the subject of headlights, how f**king hard is it to turn the bloody things on when it's dark?? I have lost count of the number of pillocks that have been driving around after dark without their lights on. Some have been in urban areas where there are streetlights, so they can see where they are going, but it still makes it pretty damn hard to see your black car.

Even flashed one muppet when I saw he had no lights on, and he just smiled and waved back - jeesh. Do they not wonder why their dashboard is hard to read...

Problem with this is lots of modern dashboards light up regardless of weather your lights are on or off... stupid if you ask me.

Problem with this is lots of modern dashboards light up regardless of weather your lights are on or off... stupid if you ask me.

And a lot of drivers don't look at their speed etc anyway, hence the slamming of brakes when they see a policecar or speed camera.

• Like 1

Or the ones with park lights on.... They've thought about it........ but not enough to put on anything bright enough for other to see OR make a difference to their vision...

Maybe they're too dim (the drivers I mean... I know the lights are!)

• Like 3

side lights are f**king terrible. enough to light a dash up like the lights are on, but zero added visibility in the dark. Saw an old hiace on the motorway last night, in the pitch black, in the rain, with side lights on. Was almost invisible.

Edited by KwS

girls doing circuits in the main weights area during peak time. F off.

• Like 1

Those 4wds like pajeros etc that have the small rear lights low down in the bumper as well as normal ones but the normals don't seem to do anything at all. What the hell is the point!!!

Edited by euroriffic

Those 4wds like pajeros etc that have the small rear lights low down in the bumper as well as normal ones but the normals don't seem to do anything at all. What the hell is the point!!!

Would you beleive it's only the NZ new ones, because the lights don't have the correct veiwing angles to comply, so they are disabled..... but imports are OK to NOT comply???

That's what I heard, and it might be true.

Having to de-ice my car every morning before work. Need a bigger garage!!

Would you beleive it's only the NZ new ones, because the lights don't have the correct veiwing angles to comply, so they are disabled..... but imports are OK to NOT comply???

That's what I heard, and it might be true.

I always thought if you had the lights they had to work? Seems weird that they can get away with it because they don't comply. It's quite off putting when you're looking of for the side lights for activity instead of the one 400mm off the ground! I bet a lot of people have been caught out because of it. Stoopid mitsi

theyre technically classified as giant reflectors (they are a different part to the ones with bulbs in them)

Subaru ABS on ice.

useless.

BMW ABS is actually far superior in every way even though Subaru's is a copy.

• Like 1

that would explain why my nz new patrol had massive reflectors where the taillights are on my old mans one same year etc but japanese

People taking their pathogen laden children on planes with no though the anyone else...

Wrecked a long planned dive trip to the Barrier Reef...

So to the parents of the little cherub in 14D on NZ755 in Saturday... Cheers... Really appreciate spending the last 3 days in bed!

Edited by Red Dwarf
  • Like 1

taking your car into Mercedes for a check light, getting told there's an air leak and they replace the whole intake system, $3500 later.
Check light comes back on the next day.

FFS

• Like 2

^ oh my god..

Edit:

Last time when my mercedes wouldnt start i tried a few things before taking it into coutts. One of the parts i replaced was the camshaft sensor, brand new part.

Fault turned out to be the fuel pump and was covered under mechanical insurance ($2000 job but paid $300 excess) but theh charged me another $200 for... you guessed it, a camshaft sensor. Obviously i wasnt impressed and talked to the manager who refunded me straight away.

Edited by QUBE
  • Like 3

inanimate objects that always seem to go walk about.

This time is a pair of $150 sunglasses. f**k sake.

People who keep taking my freakin stapler!

• Like 4

Dishwasher being loaded in the front first

^I hate when you flat with people who put like 2 plates a cup and one f**king spoon and turn the dishwasher on a heavy cycle.

• Like 4

Stephen-Root-Office-Space-I-believe-you-

• Like 1