Apex

Quick rant thread.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, Jacko said:

Nah its silicony anti rattle stuff. 

I use ATE Brake Lube similarly.  It's reasonably priced, goes a long way, doesn't dry up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Olaf said:

That's e30 race-series dedication for ya, if a little extreme in terms of committment to racing weight loss! 

Yeah, I need to do something radical to get down to “racing weight”, driver is in worse shape than the car!!

On 2/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, KwS said:

And that is why we have a cert system... Looking at the nuts still chilling in the holes for the spacers, i'd say there wasn't sufficient thread engagement to the hub.

Yeah, that's working for the public at large isn't it!  

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

Yeah, that's working for the public at large isn't it!  

There would be an awful lot more cars out there with wheels falling off if it wasnt working. 

Unfortunately you cant always beat ignorance, arrogance and misinformation. "oh nah spacers dont need a cert bro".

“You only need a cert for a WoF bro”

”you’ll still get a WoF no-one will notice bro”

”Yeah I had a crash and my insurance didn’t pay out coz of my modz bro”

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

"It's stock. It was like that when I bought it, bro."

ISTA+ installation just randomly goes tits up, redownload and reinstall the 12gb, still dont work. Throw toys, have a tanty, order bimmergeeks cable,  then have a beer. F(*&^^*&en BMWs, who buys this sh*t. 

• Haha 1

Who even want's to work on them anymore ??

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, KwS said:

There would be an awful lot more cars out there with wheels falling off if it wasnt working. 

Have you any empirical data to underpin your assertion?  

For those actively using the cert process, yes, road safety improves for the rest of us.

However, given the prevalence of discussions on FB and on forums such as this of people either actively avoiding the certification process or simply making  mods that would require certs (“got some spacers bro?” “How low can I go?”, “How much stretch can I get?”) or indeed “got greenie for red stickered off the road, Bro”; or cars falling to pieces on the side of our roads, your claim just isn’t holding water.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:35 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

“Yeah, just put the original springs in for the WOF, bro.”

“Yeah, I got a sweet Monster Energy sticker to go with my hat, bro.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Olaf said:

Have you any empirical data to underpin your assertion?  

For those actively using the cert process, yes, road safety improves for the rest of us.

However, given the prevalence of discussions on FB and on forums such as this of people either actively avoiding the certification process or simply making  mods that would require certs (“got some spacers bro?” “How low can I go?”, “How much stretch can I get?”) or indeed “got greenie for red stickered off the road, Bro”; or cars falling to pieces on the side of our roads, your claim just isn’t holding water.

Im not going to waste my time, but if you want proof im sure you can find it. Seeing some of the stuff presented to certifiers that gets fixed, its obvious that there are a lot of cars on the road that otherwise would've been deathtraps. Sure, there will be a few out there that arent following the rules, but between road policing and the WOF system, it picks up a lot of the stragglers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, B.M.W Ltd said:

Who even want's to work on them anymore ??

Yep I'm at that stage too!

20 hours ago, hotwire said:

Yep I'm at that stage too!

I just don't want to pay anyone else silly amounts of money for basic issues. Even a simple service in NZ is double what it should be. 

50 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I just don't want to pay anyone else silly amounts of money for basic issues. Even a simple service in NZ is double what it should be. 

And the service, and workmanship, is crap. 

• Like 2

Mortgage rates.

Not satisfied with NZ mortgage rates seemingly being higher (proportionately, compared to official cash rate) than anywhere else I've seen, the exact same banks choose to charge NZ borrowers significantly higher rates than their Oz cousins.

ANZ:
Best NZ rate currently advertised available - 3.45%, fixed for 1 year.
Best Oz rate currently advertised available - 2.68% fixed for 2 years. (2 years in NZ is 3.65%.)

Why the virtually 1% disparity? The official cash rate is different - Oz is running at 0.5% while NZ are tenuously holding on to 1%. Very, very strong indicators that the NZ rate will have to fall, and soon.

Which may be why ANZ have just started pushing their 3.45% again...

On 3/4/2020 at 5:21 PM, gjm said:

Mortgage rates.

Not satisfied with NZ mortgage rates seemingly being higher (proportionately, compared to official cash rate) than anywhere else I've seen, the exact same banks choose to charge NZ borrowers significantly higher rates than their Oz cousins.

ANZ:
Best NZ rate currently advertised available - 3.45%, fixed for 1 year.
Best Oz rate currently advertised available - 2.68% fixed for 2 years. (2 years in NZ is 3.65%.)

Why the virtually 1% disparity? The official cash rate is different - Oz is running at 0.5% while NZ are tenuously holding on to 1%. Very, very strong indicators that the NZ rate will have to fall, and soon.

Which may be why ANZ have just started pushing their 3.45% again...

Adrian will slash the rate this week or next to half a per cent. This country is a cash cow for the four Aussy banks, the two supermarkets in the duopoly, and the fuel companies. Shell found the pickings a bit lean, BP and Mobil plus the independents were cranking up the discounts, exit stage left, and  Infratil with the ownership  now are struggling a bit at the moment. Bit different for them cos the shareholders are in NZ, not in Europe UK or US. Most of the Z stations are looking a bit shabby, at least in the South Island. Only just hanging onto the lead in market share. Bit the same for the banks, ANZ are feeling the heat, BNZ is hunting for new owners, Westpac have been told they did it wrong a few years back with offshore loan rates applied to the ag sector, a spanking coming to them soon, moreso cos the Reserve Bank has changed the rules, increasing the working capital / equity ratios they must carry by about $20 billion.So both the depositors (next to nothing for interest rates) and borrowers (the extra percent) for mortgages are paying for it.

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Older folk who soak up any Covid-19 news fed to them. But don't practice any of the recommendations to avoid it other than panic buying groceries.

And why are there so many overweight semi crippled women in Wellington. Ones who can barely walk yet are clearly still working cushy forgotten government roles? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Older folk who soak up any Covid-19 news fed to them. But don't practice any of the recommendations to avoid it other than panic buying TOILET PAPER

And why are there so many overweight semi crippled women in Wellington. Ones who can barely walk yet are clearly still working cushy forgotten government roles? 

fixed

12 hours ago, Driftit said:

Just curious - what has this got to do with anything and whats the point of this comment? Other than an attempt at humour?

• Like 1

Its the quick rant thread, looks like a rant to me. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 7:43 PM, Driftit said:

Older folk who soak up any Covid-19 news fed to them. But don't practice any of the recommendations to avoid it other than panic buying groceries.

Ok Zoomer!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Ok Zoomer!!

You're not that old Jon. 

• Thanks 1

I have a rant about COVID19. Flew in from Chicago yesterday morning and after getting off the plane we were informed the arrival cards we’d filled in were no-longer valid, so everyone crammed into the narrow hallway to fill in the new ones.

They were identical to the old ones except for a section to confirm you believed you were not sick and self isolation address. Pretty sure mine was pretty much unreadable after filling it in on my knee. 

Just suck it up Nathan. Be grateful that you were actually able to get a flight back to NZ. Allot can't get back now from all over the world. Two weeks self isolation is bugger all to complete and please do the right thing with this. Many will rely on your actions.

• Like 3