Apex

Quick rant thread.

Absolutely Love it when TNT says they lost your $5k package from Italy in Dubai.  if it were my own stuff I wouldn't be so fussed, but this is for customers whom will be calling me over the Holiday. feck. 

3 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

Absolutely Love it when TNT says they lost your $5k package from Italy in Dubai.  if it were my own stuff I wouldn't be so fussed, but this is for customers whom will be calling me over the Holiday. feck. 

Ooof. Yeah we lost some expensive gear into the harbour the other week. Mostly recovered though. But had taken months to get it out of China in the first place.

44 minutes ago, Driftit said:

But had taken months to get it out of China in the first place.

Our suppliers out of China are saying the same, that it will be 4- 5 months before things normalise. there's going to be the usual Chinese New Year slowdown plus a month of Covid allowance. 

ONE Apus tipped 1800 containers, out of China, into the sea earlier this month....

KFC is planning my diet for me, by giving me sparkling water and taking away my fries I ordered in that Boss Box. Thanks KFC. 

Edited by lord_jagganath
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, gjm said:

ONE Apus tipped 1800 containers, out of China, into the sea earlier this month....

Ah yeah that would have been what the manufacturer guys at my work were talking about.

• Like 1

Loved the weather over my Xmas break.  It's looking typical for my next stint after New Years too.

When summer finally hits in March for a week or so I look forward to getting out and about.

I missed the snow.  But I didn't want it to snow here ffs.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Driftit said:

Loved the weather over my Xmas break.  It's looking typical for my next stint after New Years too.

When summer finally hits in March for a week or so I look forward to getting out and about.

I missed the snow.  But I didn't want it to snow here ffs.

Not had snow, but it's been cold the last few days, especially in the evenings. 

Where did the "Life is Choice" thread go? 🤨😕

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

Where did the "Life is Choice" thread go? 🤨😕

Can you remember who created it? I can't find it anywhere. And I dug deep.

12 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Can you remember who created it? I can't find it anywhere. And I dug deep.

Edit: No I can't remember sorry, was it @Lucan?

Does this help?

https://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/52434-life-is-choice-bro-thread/

Edit 2: I'm not overly worried but I seem to recall it being around recently, I was searching to post in it.

Edited by M3AN

29 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Edit: No I can't remember sorry, was it @Lucan?

Does this help?

https://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/52434-life-is-choice-bro-thread/

Edit 2: I'm not overly worried but I seem to recall it being around recently, I was searching to post in it.

Yup it helped. Restored. It was deleted when I deleted a spam post from my mobile which somehow deleted the entire thread even though that's under the mod section only.

• Thanks 2

136321087_10158394616648692_7054226046805606294_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I loved 2020.

2021 Day 6.JPG

• Haha 3

On 1/6/2021 at 12:09 PM, Jacko said:

136321087_10158394616648692_7054226046805606294_n.jpg

Hahahaha - was driving down Ponsonby road a few weeks back and kept hearing this cracking like thunder a few blocks back, thought it was scaffolding collapsing or something, eventually clicked it was a car - expected to see some riced up AMG but it was a little 100% stock Silver MK6 GTI.

Absolute pratt haha

Burning rubbish and junk every where is making me livid. The air quality index in Flatbush is shite at the moment, no thanks to the Papakura fire. 

I LOVE NZ ROADS!!

Another windscreen gone.  Bigger than a 50c piece.  Struck by a large rock on the open road passing through some shitty road works.

IMG_20210113_172533 - Copy.jpg

• Sad 5

This reminds me of a time when I was cruising along SH1 in auckland and a concrete mixer truck had the flap come loose and started dropping dried up concrete bits all behind him. unlucky for me because I was sandwiched between the truck and a car on both the left and right and took massive hits to the windscreen and front cracking both headlights, windscreen and denting the bonnet.

Couldnt even get the rego plate to report his ass cuz the plate was covered in concrete and illegible. surprise surprise..

• Sad 1

The astonishing amount of incompetent sellers on TradeMe. 
Appalled at the amount of morons, time-wasters, and straight LIARS.

Twice in the space of two days I've been in contact with people who claimed that their cars were in perfect working order. 
Upon receiving the latest invoices from their mechanics they each needed $1500+ spent.

Like, it literally says it. You told me it didn't need anything, then you gave me the paperwork to prove yourself wrong.
What is wrong with these people?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Daniel said:

It's a sad indictment on our society and where it's heading... and the above is a mild symptom...

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

The astonishing amount of incompetent sellers on TradeMe. 
Appalled at the amount of morons, time-wasters, and straight LIARS.

Twice in the space of two days I've been in contact with people who claimed that their cars were in perfect working order. 
Upon receiving the latest invoices from their mechanics they each needed $1500+ spent.

Like, it literally says it. You told me it didn't need anything, then you gave me the paperwork to prove yourself wrong.

Yeah, nothing wrong with a 20 year old BMW... lol.... who is the seller trying to fool ?

Some common statements in car ads and what I think they translate to.

"gOeZ hArd 4 wAT it iZ" (Not only is it a basket case, it's a thrashed basket case)

"timing chain, no cambelt" (Engine is lucky to have had an oil change in the last 20,000kms)

"new tyres" (Yep new tyres from China... are they even made of rubber) ?

"cheap on gas" (runs it on 91 when it should be 95 minimum)

• Like 5

Forgot the ask the dealer to skip the 'complimentary wash' when it went in for its Service today.. Kicking myself now. Once again got the car back looking worse than when I dropped it off! Honestly makes you wonder how a 'premium' brand can't even wash cars right.. 

Edited by Navin

I wouldn't expect them to be any better or worse than all your typical manufacturer dealerships when it comes to washing.

The average persons paint correction standards combined with the volume they likely do isn't a good combo 

Having worked at dealers in the past, I sure as hell wouldn't get them to clean my car if I cared about it. 

• Like 1