Apex

Quick rant thread.

Wow.

image.png

• Haha 1

Finally figured it out, bmw new grill is skeleton nose.

5B470EB6-80EE-4B8B-8847-58B39C578E01.jpeg

Edited by andrewm
  • Like 3

Finally saw a new M3/4 on the road the other day, good lord the grilles look no better in person, so ugly. Thankfully thats all I could focus on and didnt see the rest of the disaster behind the grilles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Driftit said:

Wow.

image.png

Looks like a third rate knock off thing. What a joke haha 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I feel like a bit of a broken record but the reminder that NZ is incredibly expensive to work on cars is always such a harsh reminder.

The parts drop shipping on Trademe is terrible too.

14 hours ago, Driftit said:

I feel like a bit of a broken record but the reminder that NZ is incredibly expensive. 

This. 

I've long past reached my tipping point when it comes to living costs here. in before "git gud @ making money" 

On 7/26/2021 at 1:17 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

You can only opt-out of having your details being made widely and publically available. Any person, or company, can still apply to NZTA with a reason why they want your details. For reasons such as this I suppose, you can’t always trace the people, but the car is central to the reason. 

Turns out when I took my 130i off so the finance Co could check money owing they removed all my vehicles. Opt out would have saved me otherwise they've confirmed. Bit of a glitch in their process if you ask me.

Life insurance/superannuation companies/funds who are overseas (like, the West Island) that can't seem to manage an electronic payment to an overseas country (like, the North Island)... but hey - they can post a cheque!!!

What bluddy year is this???

1 hour ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Life insurance/superannuation companies/funds who are overseas (like, the West Island) that can't seem to manage an electronic payment to an overseas country (like, the North Island)... but hey - they can post a cheque!!!

Wow even the US is getting rid of Checks AKA Cheques.
In the mean time they have made it easy to cash them digitally.  Most banking apps can scan them now.

I have never understood personal cheques.  It's an IOU.

• Like 1

Try dealing with UK institutions, in trying to sort my Nans estate one company sent not one but 14 seperate cheques, all in seperate envelopes, from the UK to NZ. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Try dealing with UK institutions, in trying to sort my Nans estate one company sent not one but 14 seperate cheques, all in seperate envelopes, from the UK to NZ. 

Trying to deal with a solicitors in the UK about a Trust for my brother. The original practice that set this up was great, but two principals died and the work was passed on, nd passed on... And we weren't told.

The latest firm have racked up a £1000 bill which they have sent us, accrued through their efforts 'to contact you [me]' so I can give them instructions. F%^&*g thieving b@st@rds.

Edited by gjm
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, gjm said:

Trying to deal with a solicitors in the UK about a Trust for my brother. The original practice that set this up was great, but two principals died and the work was passed on, nd passed on... And we weren't told.

The latest firm have racked up a £1000 bill which they have sent us, accrued through their efforts 'to contact you [me]' so I can give them instructions. F%^&*g thieving b@st@rds.

Try suggesting that you will contact the legal ombudsman in the UK....

On 9/6/2021 at 1:59 PM, SmithyInWelly said:

Just sent them a pdf provided by my bank showing all the info they need to perform an electronic transfer - funnily I remain less than confident.

Just a micro rant in the midst of more serious rantings :D People that read your credit card number back to you as they enter it into their machine so everyone around them can note it down for safe keeping. The real good ones also repeat back the expiry and security code !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

my engineer's workshop was broken into the weekend, we lost some of our stainless componentry and electric motors, delaying me supplying some built up equipment to customers by months. whatever it is you are buying with the potential money, I hope it is worth it, mate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Cement said:

Just a micro rant in the midst of more serious rantings :D People that read your credit card number back to you as they enter it into their machine so everyone around them can note it down for safe keeping. The real good ones also repeat back the expiry and security code !!

So true, and it's crazy how much some companies pay to avoid such exposure! Regardless, you're 100% protected if there's any suggestion your data leaked this way, the card company indemnifies you. But that does require keeping an eye on your statements and not everyone does that.

The person on the other end of the call should ask you to verify the data by providing it again, not by repeating it back to you! 😂

• Like 1

Morons who don't seem to realise there is still a pandemic (just cos we're in L2) and go to the Blood & Cancer centre in a hospital and proceed to take their masks off whilst sitting in a waiting room with others (many of whom are very ill and at high risk, like me) talking sh*t - which I can assure can still be done whilst wearing a mask lol... and this was family members, not the person who was there for his chemo.

Arrogant, insular, inconsiderate, morons. And I'm being very kind.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Morons who don't seem to realise there is still a pandemic (just cos we're in L2) and go to the Blood & Cancer centre in a hospital and proceed to take their masks off whilst sitting in a waiting room with others (many of whom are very ill and at high risk, like me) talking sh*t - which I can assure can still be done whilst wearing a mask lol... and this was family members, not the person who was there for his chemo.

Arrogant, insular, inconsiderate, morons. And I'm being very kind.

Yup it's an absolute joke.

L4 - Moan about Jacinda
L3 - Level Free
L2 - Normal
L1 - See L2

Even L4 in Masterton was a joke.  I was the only one in the office so was driving into work each day.  The stupid sh*t I saw.

Sadly unless you call these assholes out they won't change their habbits.

• Like 3

Im in Manurewa and in lockdown 1 I could go for a 10 minute walk near the botanic gardens without seeing a single car on the road and at night it was dead quiet. 

In the last days of this level 4 i would see over 150 cars driving past on this same walk and there is some pretty clear parties and gatherings. 

Im not at all surprised to see the continued spread in south auckland with my anecdotal experience. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

My house is next to entrance to a walkway, Level 4 results in a literal traffic jam of cars trying to find a park to go for a walk with 300 other people... its insane. Its like watching ants following each other.

Lets hope vaccination rates improve, otherwise our hospitals are going to explode. 

• Like 2

People who drop construction debris etc on the roads. Felt the car pull to the left, pulled over about 800m later where able to. 25mm long, 15mm wide piece of metal through the middle of the tread. Inner sidewalls  completely destroyed, new 325/30/21 Michelin Pilot SS x 2 for even tread wear. Lucky I had two in the shed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've found a satisfying pastime. Go on Google reviews and find car parking companies who have incorrectly given you a ticket, then taken 3 months to tell you 'they aren't taking the matter further' without hint of an apology after you've written a letter, filled out their dispute forms, scanned bank statements, signed your privacy away,  etc...

1 star.

• Like 2

I bought a mobile table / bench to dump all my sanders and reno gear on so I could just move it from room to room. Always measure twice .....FFS!! it's 50mm wider than the doorways. So the shed gets another bench :D 

SCA_605395-00_hi-res.jpg?sw=1000&sh=1000&sm=fit

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

On 10/15/2021 at 12:33 AM, Twistee said:

I bought a mobile table / bench to dump all my sanders and reno gear on so I could just move it from room to room. Always measure twice .....FFS!! it's 50mm wider than the doorways. So the shed gets another bench :D 

SCA_605395-00_hi-res.jpg?sw=1000&sh=1000&sm=fit

Through renovating 3 places i have been adding to my list of things to ‘not screw up in a new build’ and near the top is 1000mm wide doorways. These are the largest standard sized doors offered by most manufacturers and cost $24 more each vs the 810mm standard last i checked. 

• Like 4