Apex

Quick rant thread.

I'd probably stop walking into them if mine were that wide.

Been waiting on my seat brackets for months. Finally available and get shipped, only to get lost by nzcourier on arrival in NZ.

Got told over the phone this morning that as of right now, no one knows where the package is... Nice one

13 minutes ago, Harper said:

Been waiting on my seat brackets for months. Finally available and get shipped, only to get lost by nzcourier on arrival in NZ.

Got told over the phone this morning that as of right now, no one knows where the package is... Nice one

Typical NZ post. I ordered new bumper inserts for my E34, they come all the way from Latvia only for NZ Post to deliver the package to the wrong address. Spent 4+ hours on the phone with them, and in the end used my own common sense to figure out what other locations they could have delivered my package to and managed to retrieve it myself. Still haven't heard anything from their end. Completely useless. 

Would be nice if they compensate me for the package considering how long I've spent on the phone on hold. 

NZ Post turned up at our place to deliver a package, rummaged through the van and declared they couldn't find it. Delivered it two streets over to someone who called us (number on the packing slip) to collect.

Delivered another package of ours to number 14 in our street (we are 24), then the following week delivered a package for 14 to us.

As an ex courier driver, I find it truly bizarre.

• Sad 1

Trying to save yet another windscreen.  I love NZs roads. They are top quality.20211027_103416.jpg

• Like 1

F%*&ng waste of space sellers. 

"We'll buy", we said. "When can we collect?"

Arranged to collect from  home address "at any time after 3pm". Get there at 3.10 after a 1-hour drive, 75km. No-one round. Message seller, no reply. Hang around for over half an hour - nothing. No replies to more messages. Leave at 4... Get a message at 4.20 - "Sorry, we're at home now." (Seller was aware of the journey we were making.)

Message them again - "If we pay some money into your account, will you hold it for us?"

No reply.

Same message 12 hours later. No reply.

Item shows as sold. "Are you holding it for us?"

"We had someone collect this and pay cash. You can appreciate its first in with cash. Thank you."

F%*&ng waste of space, time, money, fuel... 😡😡😡😡

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, gjm said:

F%*&ng waste of space sellers. 

"We'll buy", we said. "When can we collect?"

Arranged to collect from  home address "at any time after 3pm". Get there at 3.10 after a 1-hour drive, 75km. No-one round. Message seller, no reply. Hang around for over half an hour - nothing. No replies to more messages. Leave at 4... Get a message at 4.20 - "Sorry, we're at home now." (Seller was aware of the journey we were making.)

Message them again - "If we pay some money into your account, will you hold it for us?"

No reply.

Same message 12 hours later. No reply.

Item shows as sold. "Are you holding it for us?"

"We had someone collect this and pay cash. You can appreciate its first in with cash. Thank you."

F%*&ng waste of space, time, money, fuel... 😡😡😡😡

@rseholes

Reminds me of the seller of a bumper recently “don’t bother coming, it’s been stolen”.

Whatever.

4 hours ago, Palazzo said:

Reminds me of the seller of a bumper recently “don’t bother coming, it’s been stolen”.

Whatever.

"Don't bother coming..."  We'd already been, at an agreed time, and hung around waiting for them! 😡🤬😡

Yes, but they’d sold it for more after agreeing a price.

1 hour ago, Palazzo said:

Yes, but they’d sold it for more after agreeing a price.

This. I had a similar story trying to buy an e30. Negotiated with the seller, wouldn’t budge and mentioned that if I was wanting to “secure it then <insert price>“ is what he’s looking for. Ended up biting the bullet and agreed.

Asked him to send the list he said he was compiling of what was done to the car and also when I could pick it up. He then replied that he’ll suss it and “go forward from there”. After a bit of back and forth I got told to “take it easy” and we’ll “sort things out over the next few days.”

Two days later I get a message saying that the “previous owner wanted to buy it”. I told him it’s up to you what you do.

Then the next day he mentions he has another guy ready to buy and then a few hours later told me that it’s been sold.

Told him that I had a feeling it was going to happen (could tell straight away from how he replied when I agreed to his price) and mentioned that we had a deal but I guess money talks, to which he then says that he’s “super sorry” and that it was “tough to let it go” and that the new owner has “promised him” that when he comes back to NZ (he’s overseas) “he will sell it back no questions asked”

Probably played everyone to try push the price higher and higher. To be honest in these instances, even though he wasted my time (thankfully nothing more), I really am more thankful that I dodged a bullet. If that’s the character of the guy selling, I don’t want to buy anything from him.

Edited by Ghost Chip
  • Like 2

"negotiated with the seller".  Err, you attempted to bargain with the seller, unsuccessfully.  You capitulated to their unreasonable demands, relinquishing any negotiating power that you held to start with.  Then you attempted to qualify your purchase after you'd already agreed to the sale.  They held all the power, and treated you as they felt like.  Tough but useful lesson.  

There's an old saying in sales.  "if they're not talking to you, they're talking to somebody else".

The seller's "overseas".  You may have narrowly avoided a scam.  Count yourself lucky!  Learn and use some better strategies for next time.  

11 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

This. I had a similar story trying to buy an e30. Negotiated with the seller, wouldn’t budge and mentioned that if I was wanting to “secure it then <insert price>“ is what he’s looking for. Ended up biting the bullet and agreed.

Asked him to send the list he said he was compiling of what was done to the car and also when I could pick it up. He then replied that he’ll suss it and “go forward from there”. After a bit of back and forth I got told to “take it easy” and we’ll “sort things out over the next few days.”

Two days later I get a message saying that the “previous owner wanted to buy it”. I told him it’s up to you what you do.

Then the next day he mentions he has another guy ready to buy and then a few hours later told me that it’s been sold.

Told him that I had a feeling it was going to happen (could tell straight away from how he replied when I agreed to his price) and mentioned that we had a deal but I guess money talks, to which he then says that he’s “super sorry” and that it was “tough to let it go” and that the new owner has “promised him” that when he comes back to NZ (he’s overseas) “he will sell it back no questions asked”

Probably played everyone to try push the price higher and higher. To be honest in these instances, even though he wasted my time (thankfully nothing more), I really am more thankful that I dodged a bullet. If that’s the character of the guy selling, I don’t want to buy anything from him.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to playing in this sellers market TBH...

Although I already have a about 6 people trying to buy my E46 so it goes both ways 🤣

• Haha 1

I hate buying cars in NZ.

My attempt today has gone totally ignored.  I'm short on time and the guy is not answering any of the means of contact he posted.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Same can be said for selling cars in NZ too.

People, what a bunch of bastards.

• Like 1

Can't say ive had one issue buying or selling mostly BMW's, but im sure the trash count is much more than it used to be given the Japan>Euro migration.  

On 10/29/2021 at 4:46 PM, Driftit said:

My attempt today has gone totally ignored.  I'm short on time and the guy is not answering any of the means of contact he posted.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one. 

Also had the same issue with the red 540iS in Auckland around 6 months ago. 

How much are you willing to spend, I'm probably going to put mine up for sale next week. 

As for the thread topic, does it piss anyone else off that nearly every second BMW listed on trademe comes up as 'manual'?  Seems to happen more with the 3 series. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coop said:

Don't worry, you aren't the only one. 

Also had the same issue with the red 540iS in Auckland around 6 months ago. 

How much are you willing to spend, I'm probably going to put mine up for sale next week. 

As for the thread topic, does it piss anyone else off that nearly every second BMW listed on trademe comes up as 'manual'?  Seems to happen more with the 3 series. 

I wanted that 540iS too. That deal still hurts lol

This week I have met two distinct types of car people, on the one hand I had a couple of guys who were genuine car enthusiasts checking out the M5 and I was more than happy to talk rubbish and answer any questions - great experience. On the other end of the scale were the totally mono brand focused anorak wearing crowd, by the looks of it the Porsche owners club. I dropped into the local New World and saw this gaggle of beetles and unmasked folk (apparently they are immune to any virus - just don't tell them) parked up and having a good old chat, as a car guy I can appreciate any metal (well most...). So with that in mind I thought it would be nice to park up, say hi, and take some pics - I like a bit of 911 regardless of year. I soon noted from the general glare of disapproval I got on approach in the wagon that this was a closed thing and I should just "F off",  bit of shame - continued on my way and did my shop. They were still parked up when I left so I figured I may as well reinforce the stereotype and gave them a good old v10 salute as I left. 😁

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Twistee said:

unmasked folk (apparently they are immune to any virus - just don't tell them)

Oh 

On 10/29/2021 at 4:46 PM, Driftit said:

Same. I even know the seller saw my messages, just didn't respond.

• Like 1

Everyone with a keyboard is a tough guy on the internet... anonymity makes them bold. If your questions / attitude make them feel that you might be smart enough to uncover the faults that they have conveniently forgotten to mention in their product description, then expect communication to stop. Ultimately no-one is obliged to sell you anything unless you are the successful bidder in a legitimate auction (and TM does not fall into that category). Better to miss out on a deal than to do business with unreliable sellers.

Cheers...

Possibly the most OCD triggering thing ever… 

WHY IS THE BADGE NOT IN THE MIDDLE 

GRRRRRR

345E9E5F-F033-4C57-805F-81B94E5300AE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why do some car sellers on TradeMe like to list 'genuine sale' and 'genuine reason for sale' on their ads?

Does that mean it's not genuine otherwise? Or do they expect people to believe it's genuine just because they say so?

:hmmm-min: :AreYouSerious-min: