Apex

Quick rant thread.

On 12/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, Kees said:

Possibly the most OCD triggering thing ever… 

WHY IS THE BADGE NOT IN THE MIDDLE 

GRRRRRR

345E9E5F-F033-4C57-805F-81B94E5300AE.jpeg

I followed one of these the other day and it had water in the tail lights sloshing back and forth...... 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jacko said:

I followed one of these the other day and it had water in the tail lights sloshing back and forth...... 

Thanks for the reminder, forgot to top up my blinker fluid.

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

There are a number of web-sites dedicated to the build quality of Tesla…

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, Choo said:

Why do some car sellers on TradeMe like to list 'genuine sale' and 'genuine reason for sale' on their ads?

Does that mean it's not genuine otherwise? Or do they expect people to believe it's genuine just because they say so?

"Immaculate for year"

FFS. Either it is immaculate, or it isn't!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 7:13 PM, Jacko said:

Followed similar, except it hadnt advanced to sloshing water just oddles of condensation in the lights. Hard to be impressed when even my 13 year old Honda shopping basket has better build quality.

8 hours ago, KwS said:

Followed similar, except it hadnt advanced to sloshing water just oddles of condensation in the lights. Hard to be impressed when even my 13 year old Honda shopping basket has better build quality.

You won’t be impressed with BMW then either! 😆

7 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

You won’t be impressed with BMW then either! 😆

Modern ones? I'm not. 

23 hours ago, gjm said:

"Immaculate for year"

FFS. Either it is immaculate, or it isn't!

My favourite one is "owned for 6months" "I've always serviced it on time". 

One. You've done one service. What about the other 20years of the vehicles life?

Saw an E46 318i wagon advertised on Facebook. It's reported stolen. 

Messaged Hastings police with details. Received a reply saying they can't accept reports via social media. 

Went to the 105 website. Tried completing an online report - wants info I don't have: "Enter address where this took place."

Can't call them. No email address.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gjm said:

Saw an E46 318i wagon advertised on Facebook. It's reported stolen. 

Messaged Hastings police with details. Received a reply saying they can't accept reports via social media. 

Went to the 105 website. Tried completing an online report - wants info I don't have: "Enter address where this took place."

Why can't you call 105?

1 hour ago, huff3r said:

Why can't you call 105?

No coverage.

5 hours ago, gjm said:

I just put 'online' for the address.

Goddam business rival (of sorts) keeps calling me up to get a price for an item that only my company supply for this particular industry, shamelessly. he want to do it for a customer, but I know for a fact he will steal it and replicate it somehow.  this is the one item that we do not want others to copy. 

how should I tell him to bugger off?  :sigh:  I can only say I don't know much about it ( but it is a lie and he knows it lol) 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

how should I tell him to bugger off?  :sigh:  I can only say I don't know much about it ( but it is a lie and he knows it lol) 

How about the direct approach?

"F*ck off, I know who you are and that you're trying to rip me off, don't call again. Thank you."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

Goddam business rival (of sorts) keeps calling me up to get a price for an item that only my company supply for this particular industry, shamelessly. he want to do it for a customer, but I know for a fact he will steal it and replicate it somehow.  this is the one item that we do not want others to copy. 

I get this often, normal price x 10 is the answer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

have had 3 separate overseas orders declined by origin customs after being shipped for various untold reasons from Ebay (USA), Trademe(OZ), and Ebay (UK) , what the heck is going on? all I ordered was a Quartz Watch, a Dyson cleaning head, and a used head unit for my Pug? 

WRRRRYYYYY AUGH. 

start using MyUS.com - much easier.  If you'd like a referral code that give you a big discount on your first order, IM me.

1 minute ago, Olaf said:

start using MyUS.com - much easier.  If you'd like a referral code that give you a big discount on your first order, IM me.

Thanks for the offer Olaf, I will take you up on that, will have to deal outside of Ebay GSP and their funny rules. 

• Like 1

MyUS gives you a UK address too 😀
I'll need an email address.

Well it's time to dump stones on the road again.

And guess what. I lost another windscreen.

It's becoming a joke. Zero effort and money being put into repairs.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Well it's time to dump stones on the road again.

And guess what. I lost another windscreen.

It's becoming a joke. Zero effort and money being put into repairs.

It's summer. More vehicles on the road. So less effort required to get the stones bedded in.

(But yes - lazy, idle, thoughtless ar5eholes...)

In the central North Island, they fix pot holes by dumping a few large shovel fulls of tar seal into the hole. They don’t flatten it or roll it, they leave it for you to hit with your car, like a small judder bar at 100km/h. Doing this in winter so the tar seal can quickly set into small solid mounds is an added bonus.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Palazzo said:

In the central North Island, they fix pot holes by dumping a few large shovel fulls of tar seal into the hole. They don’t flatten it or roll it, they leave it for you to hit with your car, like a small judder bar at 100km/h. Doing this in winter so the tar seal can quickly set into small solid mounds is an added bonus.

And then the surface around the new mound breaks up, and you end up with an even bigger pot hole with some shite in the middle of it. I miss the days of actual roading crews doing the job once and not touching it again for years. 

Up here (Whangarei), they've taken to raising the "flush" covers of manholes etc, WEEKS and WEEKS before doing the road. One spot has them where your sump is, AND where they wheels should be... some of them look to be sticking up 80mm without even a ramp of hot mix around them! They've been like that since last week at least and still no new layer of hotmix added yet...

Local road has some new metal on it.
Hot weather means that tar has started bleeding through the old surface, so the contractor has taken the opportunity to skip the tar spraying step.

I'm not sure that they even scraped the surface first - tar is bleeding through the 'new surface' already.