Apex

Quick rant thread.

The old gatherings that got too large and out of control were dealt with passively by just showing up. Or they would get smart and block all the vehicles in. And check them very slowly one by one. It killed the scene. And it didn't take too much planning. Who wants to sit there for 3 hours then be handed a fine for bald tyres and cut springs.

Or you could chuck a couple of cameras up. Monitored or unmonitored. They will stop gathering there.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I think the police do a great job. De-escalation is the general tactic which is proven successful. 

If it is so successful, how come the news media is reporting more and more instances of anti-social and illegal group activities with little or no reporting of the prosecution and conviction of the law breakers ?? Is this the Trump solution... if there are no prosecutions there are no crimes committed ?? 

The police do what they can under the policy of appeasement that is forced on them by their masters.  But until they are given the power to go after law breakers and root out the gangsters and drug runners they are simply toothless tigers picking up the pieces after the criminals have fled.

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee

Be good to see the stats you're using.

The media likes to whip up a frenzy about boy racers every now and then. They're defentely getting prosecuted as I follow the courts for my job.

edit:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/128138901/teenager-arrested-after-boy-racer-attack-on-milk-tanker

Edited by Blackie

I've been quite surprised down here in Dunedin, there's definitely some bad eggs, but the majority are good. 
We went to a meet in town a few months back, filled an entire Bunning's carpark, a few hundred people. No police turned up, and nobody did anything stupid. 
Later in the night they parked up in another area, and police turned up just to make sure nothing stupid happened, but we were home by that point, so not sure how that went...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jon dee said:

But until they are given the power to go after law breakers and root out the gangsters and drug runners they are simply toothless tigers picking up the pieces after the criminals have fled.

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/crime/police-seize-600kg-of-meth-in-new-zealands-largest-drugs-bust/

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2022/03/authorities-seize-700kg-of-drugs-in-record-breaking-new-zealand-cocaine-bust.html

Seriously ^^^^ ??? Customs and border control were onto that because of information received from overseas. I didn't read anything about shootouts with mobsters or fierce hand to hand battles. The police were just there to handle the arrests and do the paperwork.  

Tell me about how many of those bikers got arrested after dragging that guy from his car and beating him close to death. There is a societal problem here in NZ whereby certain groups have discovered that if they get a mob together they can can pretty much do as they like with minimal risk of arrest or incarceration. The so called boy racers are chicken sh*t when compared to the hardcore criminals that are starting to compete for the domination of the drug trade in NZ. We are talking about armed thugs who think nothing of shooting at police. 

Don't minimise the problem by focusing on a simple annoyance like boy racers... tactics as outlined in previous posts are available to deal with this issue. Boy racers without cars are just boys :)  There are larger issues that are mainly confined to the criminal underworld and cause a huge amount of harm and suffering in our society as a whole. Despite all their PR and corporate spin to try and convince the public that they are just a friendly bunch of club members helping old ladies across the street, there is no place in our society for patched criminal gangs.

Read this exercise in futility..

dream on 01.png

Think about this for a moment... does anyone REALLY think that a gang member or criminal is going to (a) apply for a gun licence, or (b) give a single solitary f**k about this stupid piece of legislation ??? This will give you a clue as to who is hamstringing the police when it comes to them getting stuck into cleaning up criminal gangs. 

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Name one Western country that doesn’t have organised crime. NZ is just a piss in the ocean compared to other countries. John Dee your posts just reek of a ‘stamp it out’ approach towards it. The outcomes of organised crime are disgusting, something that I think we’ll never get rid of.

• Like 2

Jesus, this thread really went to sh*t over the last page or so. Reads like a bad reddit thread. Yeah, lets just arm the police and let them shoot everyone. That'll never backfire.

• Like 2

So anyway, back to my original rant take away points - rubber and tire carcases littering local streets = bad. And remember ......

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?!

I think we have better things to do than rage at each other, smiling through gnashed teeth is way healthier :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went through a VTNZ wof yesterday and failed on bent rim and front lower ball joint play.  The inspector wasn't sure if the ball joint play is normal and that it might be fine if I can get BMW to say it's normal.  Waste of my (my wife's in this cases) life.

Booked into CJ BMW next week and they said they will re-check and fix anything.  GG.  Should have booked in to BMW in the first place.

12 hours ago, KwS said:

Jesus, this thread really went to sh*t over the last page or so. Reads like a bad reddit thread. Yeah, lets just arm the police and let them shoot everyone. That'll never backfire.

I guess you are cool with this then ?? Let the bad guys keep their guns and the Police unarmed ?? Just saying...

23-03-22.png

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
  • Confused 1

During the last 2 years, when petty crime was insane around here (nice neighbourhood with walking access from a bad one), I have called one 111 about 6 times in total. People smashing car windows down street, group of kids stealing sh*t and running amuck, guy throwing punches at his car/house/letterbox while screaming, etc etc... cops turned up once. Still have a whole bunch of stolen crap under the tree in park next to house 6 months later... 

Im not blaming individual officers at all, but the police are pretty bloody ineffectual and its a systemic problem. I have zero faith if I actually needed them they would be here on time, if at all, hence have a number of 1/2" drive power bars around house... :D 

• Like 1

Alot of this crime etc is the reason why we've decided to move back to Central Otago. Not saying there's no crime down there, but the grub/a**hole/anti-social ratio is probably 100x higher in Auckland. 

Speaking to my parents, they've noticed a huge influx of Aucklanders down there too. House prices would contribute to this (not that it's that much cheaper). 

Can't even move out of this place at the moment, in spite of the crime etc. 

though, i have left both my cars unlocked on  many occasions overnight by accident... 

1 hour ago, jon dee said:

I guess you are cool with this then ?? Let the bad guys keep their guns and the Police unarmed ?? Just saying...

23-03-22.png

Cheers...

It's Auckland, what do you expect?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KwS said:

It's Glen Innes what do you expect?

FTFY. 🧐 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GorGasm said:

Went through a VTNZ wof yesterday and failed on bent rim and front lower ball joint play.  The inspector wasn't sure if the ball joint play is normal and that it might be fine if I can get BMW to say it's normal.  Waste of my (my wife's in this cases) life.

Booked into CJ BMW next week and they said they will re-check and fix anything.  GG.  Should have booked in to BMW in the first place.

Yeah that's classic VTNZ. Usually when they say "Check manufactures specs" it means the play very minor and not a safety issue anytime soon. They are all about liability\ass covering and don't care about costing people money. Easy for them to put the onus on someone else to figure it out.

This Auckland place sounds like a shithole, I must be living on the right side of the bridge.

Closer to the Equator too 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/23/2022 at 6:32 PM, jon dee said:

Seriously ^^^^ ??? Customs and border control were onto that because of information received from overseas. I didn't read anything about shootouts with mobsters or fierce hand to hand battles. The police were just there to handle the arrests and do the paperwork.  

Tell me about how many of those bikers got arrested after dragging that guy from his car and beating him close to death. There is a societal problem here in NZ whereby certain groups have discovered that if they get a mob together they can can pretty much do as they like with minimal risk of arrest or incarceration. The so called boy racers are chicken sh*t when compared to the hardcore criminals that are starting to compete for the domination of the drug trade in NZ. We are talking about armed thugs who think nothing of shooting at police. 

Don't minimise the problem by focusing on a simple annoyance like boy racers... tactics as outlined in previous posts are available to deal with this issue. Boy racers without cars are just boys :)  There are larger issues that are mainly confined to the criminal underworld and cause a huge amount of harm and suffering in our society as a whole. Despite all their PR and corporate spin to try and convince the public that they are just a friendly bunch of club members helping old ladies across the street, there is no place in our society for patched criminal gangs.

Read this exercise in futility..

dream on 01.png

Think about this for a moment... does anyone REALLY think that a gang member or criminal is going to (a) apply for a gun licence, or (b) give a single solitary f**k about this stupid piece of legislation ??? This will give you a clue as to who is hamstringing the police when it comes to them getting stuck into cleaning up criminal gangs. 

Cheers...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop

Happy to continue the discussion if you can stay on topic. I've provided links to prove the boy racer 'milk' incident resulted in an arrest. I've provided links that prove the police are tackling organized crime. I'm sure the other shooting / assultcases etc you've thrown out will be resolved too.  By then your attention will most likely be on the next outrage.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 6:32 PM, jon dee said:

Tell me about how many of those bikers got arrested after dragging that guy from his car and beating him close to death.

He wasn't dragged out of his car. It sounds like he may have got out and confronted them. He may have been the instigator? We don't know the full facts yet.

https://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/update-operation-rangiriri-serious-assault-waikato-expressway?nondesktop

Edited by Blackie
Spelling
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blackie said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop

I've provided links to prove the boy racer 'milk' incident resulted in an arrest. 

The report I read indicated that was the case, and in fact I made no reference to it. We appear to have disparate view points on the issues that I am attempting to highlight. If we consider the incident with the bikers... I believe the initial report said that the driver stopped his car and got out following a minor traffic accident involving one of the bikes. My bad in being influenced by media headlines. None the less, the end result was that the man was severely beaten. 

Your view is that eventually some person or persons will be identified and arrested for for their part in the assault. 

My view is that in a decent society gang/mob incidents such as this should not occur.

We have a legal system that bends over backwards to protect the rights of criminals. The police are restrained from being proactive in suppressing the activities of criminal gangs, only being called in after the shooting/beating/stabbing has occurred. So what about the rights of the victims ?? Do they not have the right to go about their legitimate activities without being assaulted or murdered ?? 

What we have is the equivalent of a rugby game where the opposing sides have to abide by different sets of rules. One side can wear steel cap boots, kick, gouge and maim, while the other must wear sandshoes and play with one arm tied behind their backs. 

If a body has cancer it has to be cut out to save the body. Criminal gangs are a cancer on society. It is as simple as that.

Cheers...

• Like 3

we've  had a flood in our stores, soaking the carpet on Monday, and have been assaulted with a smell most foul continuously. in addition to boxes and boxes of now unsaleable goods, we have to now get the landlord to ensure the blocked drains are no longer so. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, jon dee said:

If a body has cancer it has to be cut out to save the body. Criminal gangs are a cancer on society. It is as simple as that.

Unfortunately it will just keep growing back until a cure is found…

1 hour ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Unfortunately it will just keep growing back until a cure is found…

Truth !!! Gangs are one of the symptoms of a far more insidious and deep seated problem within our society. One that is beyond the scope of this Quick Rant thread, and to use medical terminology, it is a late stage terminal disease. One could consider it to be the societal equivalent of necrotizing fasciitis... a society destroying itself through the rapid proliferation of unrestrained antisocial behavior. 

Unfortunately, the elected individuals who are empowered to make the changes that could lead to a cure are effectively paralysed by the proliferation of a profession that benefits from the breakdown of society. There is a commonly held belief that if we pass enough laws covering every aspect of human behavior, all our problems will be solved. The evidence that this strategy does not work is in the news headlines every day. 

So in the absence of any realistic chance of a cure, excising the lesions will help postpone the inevitable result. Sorry about that :( 

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee

Sign of the times  brother. Police only respond to crimes against property if the offenders are still at the scene and there is a chance that they can be caught red handed. Otherwise they just take a few details for statistical purposes and advise you to call your insurance company. I guess that with the increase in violent crime they just don't have the resources to attend to property crimes where the offenders have long gone and the chances of catching them (other than by accident) are slim to nothing. 

Household security and alarms are big business these days for that reason. 

Cheers...