Apex

Quick rant thread.

La vie en auto Francais!

• Haha 2

^best part, she fired right up after toggling the map lights and the window switches. La vie en auto Francais! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When I were a lad, my Dad bought a Renault 18, brand new. At one point it’s favourite trick was to switch itself off completely, at random intervals, whilst driving along. Very funny to look back on, but bloody scary when you’re in the back seat of a car doing 70mph and it decides to shut itself down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Competing tonight for the most trivial of complaints…

bought a pack of digestive biscuits. Seeming unassailed pack, but the individual biscuits, which appear whole when you look at them, disintegrate as soon as you touch them. The entire pack is like this.

end result still the same, just messier getting there.

BBB00A7A-7FD5-44DC-9263-D9FA37CB6ED2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Karter16 said:

bought a pack of digestive biscuits. Seeming unassailed pack, but the individual biscuits, which appear whole when you look at them, disintegrate as soon as you touch them. The entire pack is like this.

easier to digest in that form

• Haha 3

in typical impeccable timing after (wallet) feeling rather drained from the pug drama, the F10 fails WOF on tension rod bushings and rear diff bushings. both be cracked.  dealership wanted 4k for the lot. lmao. 

Highspek be sorting me out though. 

Just got the typical "pop a skid" while driving through Milford main street in the 4-Motion W8, what a simple minded plebeian

At least he said my car sounds nice. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kees said:

Just got the typical "pop a skid" while driving through Milford main street in the 4-Motion W8, what a simple minded plebeian

At least he said my car sounds nice. 

So did you pop a skid, bro......? or did you do skid owww ? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Twistee said:

So did you pop a skid, bro......? or did you do skid owww ? 

Popped the sickest awd skid g, Passat W8 is da ultimate skid hack 

• Like 1

Lol I get all the time, sadly I can't actually do a skid.  Not enough power, too much rubber.

On 5/16/2022 at 5:59 PM, Karter16 said:

bought a pack of digestive digested biscuits

• Haha 6

Schmiedmann. I vaguely recall a forum member mentioned ordering items that weren't in stock from these guys. Coming up on 3 weeks and still a couple of parts that haven't arrived in their depot to be shipping. No contact from them what so ever after multiply emails sent within a week.

Never had an issue like this in all my years of ordering parts from various sources. First time my life im trying a charge back tomorrow before its too late. **** these guys.   

58 minutes ago, Eagle said:

items that weren't in stock from these guys. Coming up on 3 weeks and still a couple of parts that haven't arrived in their depot to be shipping.

There’s probably a reason the items weren’t in stock and probably the same reason they are still not in stock.

Parts supply worldwide is still absolutely stuffed, from raw material shortages, production delays and transport issues.

They probably haven’t replied as they have no idea when they will be getting the parts in, as the supplier cannot say when they will be ready.

Yup. If its not in stock don't order it. There are so many delays. Especially with electronics. We having to order 12 months in advance for our electronics components at the moment. 

Most of the order wasn't in stock and has been received within 2 weeks. No excuse for zero communication in this situation.

5 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Most of the order wasn't in stock and has been received within 2 weeks. No excuse for zero communication in this situation.

Been in the same boat, ordered back in March and a lot had to be ordered in. Two items didn’t arrive and are now back ordered with no eta from BMW, which I finally got told that after 2 months of waiting. Items canceled from order and money was refunded, still waiting for rest to ship though.

• Like 1

They eventually replied to my email request today after 6 days. They are cancelling the other items and supposedly shipping the rest today. Will see how long that takes them.    

• Like 1

I can sympathise with suppliers. it is a complete clusterfudge at the moment. I am losing more hair and going white by the day. being the middle man sucks now,

• Like 1

Most customers are aware of the situation, but there are some really entitled twats out there as well. “You want to know exactly when it will arrive Sir? Certainly, I’ll just phone the people in Ukraine that we are waiting on and see if they can hurry it along”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Prices for raw coffee beans have seen inflation like any other. Add to that the cost of everything else that goes into the sourcing, roasting, packing of coffee beans, then to the cafe for grinding, preparing and making your coffee (sometimes with milk - dairy prices also up) so $6.50 or thereabouts is not crazy anymore in the current world standard. I was paying 5-6 euros when I visited some nice cafes in europe 3 years ago. 

NZ enjoyed amazing good quality coffee for years at $4-4.50 but this is not sustainable anymore.

I reckon around $7 a cup will and should be the new standard if you want a decent cup of coffee from a proper cafe. More if you opt for alt milks like oat, coconut, almond etc.

A good alternative is to invest in a good quality coffee grinder $100-200, buy your own whole beans from your favorite roaster, and brew hot coffee yourself using something simple like a french press or a moka pot - both great if you like your coffee black. You can also get a milk steamer/ frothing wand if you need/want it white or add hot water and a dash of milk. This is much easier than the $1000's home espresso machines which are not the easiest things to use. Nespresso machines are also quick and easy but taste is..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, qube said:

I reckon around $7 a cup will and should be the new standard if you want a decent cup of coffee from a proper cafe.

No doubt there's been inflation everywhere but IMO the number of coffees sold will trend down dramatically at that price. Home espresso machine FTW here.

There is a substantial profit margin in the price of a cup of coffee. One of the reasons your local high street sports a good number of "cafes" selling expresso coffee. Supply and demand really... I buy the Nescafe Cappuccino Sachets (26 per box at ~$13/box) and make my own coffee at work or at home. Tastes 90% as good as barista coffee at 10% of the cost :) 

Cheers...

There’s been a real bad harvest in Brazil I believe, which has pushed the price of beans through the roof as Qube mentioned above.

Luckily I’m a Pom and drink tea mostly and whether it’s batch roasted barista or home made Nespresso tastes much the same to me 😳.

If it were the price of batch brewed Hazy IPAs going up, then I would be in a whole world of hurt..

• Like 2

We just purchased a large covfefe machine for work.  Unfortunately the poorly trained barista making my coffees is useless.  I will get better I hope.

20220523_163545.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2