Apex

Quick rant thread.

4 hours ago, Driftit said:

Spent 2hrs 45mins sitting at the Remutaka Summit on Sat night in the 130i.
Ran over a fresh rock fall on the way up heading to Wellington.  A swerve saved me from serious underbody damage. 

Oh man. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Glad you got back safely despite the long wait. This reminds me of January, but unlike you, I was unable to swerve in time.....

3 hours ago, Choo said:

Oh man. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Glad you got back safely despite the long wait. This reminds me of January, but unlike you, I was unable to swerve in time.....

It's a pain because I know the hill is like that and had warned a workmate early in the week.  The wife even said watch for rocks.
This time I had nowhere to go though but through the small stuff.
Another surprise was how quickly my tyres have worn.  Around 20,000kms and they were only a few mm off the wear indicators.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

It's a pain because I know the hill is like that and had warned a workmate early in the week.  The wife even said watch for rocks.
This time I had nowhere to go though but through the small stuff.
Another surprise was how quickly my tyres have worn.  Around 20,000kms and they were only a few mm off the wear indicators.

The hill is the only place where if seen rocks lager than big grapefruits get blown across the road ( the newish cutting area before the summit )

Admittedly the road was in the process of being closed due to heavy wind but easy for rocks to end up in your path.

10 hours ago, Neal said:

The hill is the only place where if seen rocks lager than big grapefruits get blown across the road ( the newish cutting area before the summit )

Admittedly the road was in the process of being closed due to heavy wind but easy for rocks to end up in your path.

It's a terrible road.  Not one bit of it I enjoy.
Car groups love "Cruising" over it for some reason.

What would you like to be stuck behind that won't pull over?  Endless options.

• Like 2

Used to enjoy it on a motorcycle before the 15 kms of double yellow lines . Only needed a couple of seconds to safely pass. But of late being stuck behind a horse float doing 20kmh with 50 plus cars behind it has taken any “fun” out of it.

and then the weather hits ☹️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Rimutaka hill road has been ruined with the last 30 years of "improvenents". 

Way too easy to do a sub 8 minute run now. 

The surface is good now. But the huge increase in logging trucks and commuter traffic has slowed the trip down significantly.

And at night you need to dodge rock falls, Goats and Ford Rangers.

week one of the Rona done. still having the persistent cough due to phlegm build up and brain fog. no other symptoms so back to work

• Like 2

5 cent screw takes out a PS4S with only 1500 kms on it. ☹️

• Sad 4

I know the feeling, motorway scrap took out a rear Eagle F1 Assym 5 with less than 50km's on it in the M3 a few years back, slash in the sidewall, irreparable. 😬

• Sad 1

I hit a road coloured brick last year which munted the side wall of a near new Michelin PS4 on my 207 GTI. Was really mad.  

Edited by Kees

50km on a new set of Conti's, drove over a pair of nail clippers someone had dropped. 

Group therapy helping guys. Thanks for posting. 
I guess it’s fortunate that I can get the ps4s rear size in NZ. Had to import the set last year as no 235/265 combos available in 18 inch. 

The wheels on that E60 remind me of a Commodore I saw recently, pulled over and the rear wheels and tyres were completely gone. Only the 5 spokes were left and were all that touched the ground.

Drunken neighbour (who everyone around here just loves) has builders in attempting to glue wood together with nails in the form of a deck - FFS sooooo over the hammering. My coping mechanism is banking this hate for the day I install a basketball and netball hoop / backboard - because building a deck from 7am for weeks on end is temporary, playing ball with my daughter will last a lifetime. So yeah, I can also make council approved noise and have a bunch of fun :D 

DemandingIdenticalHousefly-max-1mb.gif.8ec37482aa309ade7d8c464561f28748.gif

And when that fails, I can just idle my Subaru with the 3" exhaust cut out open - mmmm big cams. 

• Haha 1

They're actually not allowed to start construction work before 7.30am (that extra half hour is gold), only prep work before and no work at all before 7.30 Saturdays. 

• Like 1

Our State Highways are too busy to remain single lane country roads. But here we are. For the foreseeable future. It took over 10 years to double lane Bombay to Hamiltron.

Having to drop $900 on two new front seatbelts to meet LVVTA standards with aftermarket seats, to replace your perfect condition existing seatbelts which are exactly the fekcen same. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacko said:

Having to drop $900 on two new front seatbelts to meet LVVTA standards with aftermarket seats, to replace your perfect condition existing seatbelts which are exactly the fekcen same. 

Ouch! Why didn't your existing ones qualify?

8 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Ouch! Why didn't your existing ones qualify?

LVVTA standard - New belts.

23 minutes ago, Jacko said:

LVVTA standard - New belts.

Je ne comprends pas.

Under what circumstances do you need new belts? Are you saying that any replacement seat triggers new belts? And how can they tell if your belts are new, if they're the same as the old ones?