Apex

Quick rant thread.

Idiots forgetting how to drive.

"Ah a spot of rain. Must progress to travel at slower speeds but closer to moving vehicle in front"

Stuck in f**king traffic because of said idiots. 3 accidents and I haven't even cross the bridged going south

• Like 1

BEING F*CKING RUN INTO. cool as friday

• Like 1

Thats not a legitimate parking area so id say $40 is a slap on the wrist

People that take others good-will for granted. Especially those that get services done and for mere pennies, and then get all unreasonable.....

• Like 1

F#*@&n forklift drivers that suppose to load our trucks but are busy f#*@&N TEXTING or whatever the do on there phone

• Like 3

Cyclists.. Get all righteous with drivers, but ignore all the bloody road rules.

Run red lights, go over pedestrian crossings, cycle on the footpath (one guy on his mobile), pull straight out into traffic, wobble all over the road, don't wear helmets...

No wonder so many get knocked off their bikes. Being a smug git isn't going to help when your flesh hits a metal car you twats!

• Like 6

People that take others good-will for granted. Especially those that get services done and for mere pennies, and then get all unreasonable.....

Bahahaha bro I feel you on this aye. Especially when its happened time and time again. But good will must be done :) ranty rant rant
  • Like 2

If you think $40 is a slap on the wrist for something that caused neither harm nor inconvenience then you have more dollars than sense.

Since when did $200 fines for driving on bus lanes make sense? It doesnt cause harm nor inconvenience (most of the time)

How about $100 for not having having up to date registration?

or any other council or police infringements. They are always stupidly overpriced hence my point being $40 aint too bad. Especially if you got towed it would be $150-200, a taxi or friend to take u to the yard, a couple hours of your time etc

If you dont pay on a pay and display area the starting fine is $40. If you paid but overstayed by less than 30 mins then its starts at $12 and goes up.

So anyway id say $40 isnt all that bad.

But contrary to my point, does the coucil even have jurisdiction at that location? Isnt it infront of a private building?

In my case I done the math, it's cheaper take parking tickets a couple a month, cheaper to pay the fine than put $2 in the meter every time I park for 15 20 mins.

Take from that what you will. Tho I avoid handicap 95% of the time, and pick and choose the yellow lines ones, some yellow lines are just silly

Cyclists and bus drivers.

Gfs dad is a retired manager of a bus company and now driving bus' to keep him busy. He is also an avid cyclist with an amazing range of carbon road bikes. Not being able to vent my frustration at the dinner table about how much they irritate me really irritates me.

• Like 4

Cyclist of the week award goes to the clown that was cycling the wrong way up the road yesterday, extra points were awarded for:

1) the road in question being SH1 and pretty busy

2) having no helmet on

3) wearing a hi-viz t-shirt. I know many think wearing hi-viz makes you invincible, but from many injuries I have seen this is not true in real life!

• Like 1

Cyclists.. Get all righteous with drivers, but ignore all the bloody road rules.

Run red lights, go over pedestrian crossings, cycle on the footpath (one guy on his mobile), pull straight out into traffic, wobble all over the road, don't wear helmets...

No wonder so many get knocked off their bikes. Being a smug git isn't going to help when your flesh hits a metal car you twats!

I hate those guys too...

and I am a cyclist - just a commuter, not a lycra. I DO follow the rules, like we're supposed to, but I think people STILL think I'm like the wanker ones who don't bother with the rules, but think everyone else should!

PLEASE don't think we're all the same!

• Like 3

people who complain about air in a bag of chips/crisps, its there for a reason

Edited by JoKer
  • Like 1

Cyclists only annoy me early in the morning when they think they're in the Tour de France with 50 cyclists using the whole road.

Otherwise I give them plenty of room and respect them.

Motorcyclists on the motorway on the other hand annoy me with their lane splitting at high speed!

Knobhead cyclist of the day goes to this guy

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/news/67716529/14000-bike-stolen-on-short-stop-in-pleasant-point?cid=facebook.post.67716529

How blaze do you need to be to leave $14k resting up against a car? I hope he doesn't get the bike back... just to teach him a lesson. If insurance pays out it will be an even bigger joke

• Like 1

Also, the slow pace of global warming. Bit cold out.

• Like 1

Guest MP0wer

Hello, I'm Hyde from EVTA(Environmental Vegan Terror Association) branch of Greenpeace; and today I would like to take a moment of your time to speak to you about the Bible, Cyclists, Women & the Global Cooling problem our planet faces and what we can do to save ourselves. :)

Do you know who I am?

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?

Edited by MP0wer

I hate those guys too...

and I am a cyclist - just a commuter, not a lycra. I DO follow the rules, like we're supposed to, but I think people STILL think I'm like the wanker ones who don't bother with the rules, but think everyone else should!

PLEASE don't think we're all the same!

Another cyclist here (and a law abiding one). Honestly going through this thread reading some of the attitudes towards cyclists on the road scares the sh*t out of me. I've been hit by cars more than once, and have lost a friend in a bike accidents caused by motorists.

As douchey as some cyclists can be, realize that any altercation that might happen on the road, the cyclist is going to be the one that comes out worse off. Just like motorists, there are good cyclists and bad cyclists. For the most part, a bad cyclist is just risking their own neck.

Maybe go out and ride a bike to see what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a bitter motorist clipping past you at 100kmph and screaming out the window with 15cm of clearance. Most cyclists are drivers, but most drivers aren't cyclists.

'Flesh hitting a metal car' is still somebody's brother, father, sister or mother.

Edited by duvey
  • Like 4