Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Targets for the month smashed, long week-end ahead and under level 2 we can now travel out of region.

Road trip in the big blue bus to see the rellies!! Bring it.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:22 PM, gjm said:

I got a tax refund. :D

so did I $1.61

• Haha 1

So, I get e-mails telling me to check my tax returns on line - which gives me a nett bill of $8.89 to pay. Set up direct debit and pay bill - grr, etc.

Then get payment back from IRD a few days later for $8.89..? Bill has been cancelled.

Not sure if happy or sad, but I think it’s a win. Lot of messing about for less than nine bucks.

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

So, I get e-mails telling me to check my tax returns on line - which gives me a nett bill of $8.89 to pay. Set up direct debit and pay bill - grr, etc.

Then get payment back from IRD a few days later for $8.89..? Bill has been cancelled.

Not sure if happy or sad, but I think it’s a win. Lot of messing about for less than nine bucks.

Miss M was more 'in debt' to the IRD than that, but the bill was waived. 

Looks like they have adopted a 'less than $xx will cost more than we get' policy. 

• Like 1

Yeah, does look like it. However, it does seem a bit odd to adopt that policy AFTER someone has paid their bill ??

• Like 1

I always find it funny when people get excited about tax refunds.

If you'd like a bigger refund in 2021, you can pay me $30 a week for no reason, and ill give you back $1500 or so after a year....

Ill get to use your money interest free in the mean time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

I always find it funny when people get excited about tax refunds.

If you'd like a bigger refund in 2021, you can pay me $30 a week for no reason, and ill give you back $1500 or so after a year....

Ill get to use your money interest free in the mean time!

Can the $30 a week be offset against tax? 

• Haha 2

Drove a Pinz for the first time in nearly 3 years this morning, and taking it off road next week!

Definitely a life is good moment.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, huff3r said:

Drove a Pinz for the first time in nearly 3 years this morning, and taking it off road next week!

Did you nip down the servo, for a pie?

29 minutes ago, Allanw said:

Did you nip down the servo, for a pie?

Haha I wish. Renewing my DDP, somehow managed to convince them to let me do it even though I definitely don't need it anymore as aircrew ?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, huff3r said:

Defence or Private?  6x6?

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Defence or Private?  6x6?

As far as I know there aren't any private ones over here. 6x6 Command and Control variant.

If anyone is wondering, they do go basically anywhere off-road.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, huff3r said:

As far as I know there aren't any private ones over here. 6x6 Command and Control variant.

Awesome.  You should have good fun.

25 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

I wonder if you can get decommissioned ones into NZ... 

This is Nu Zilland mate, you can bring pretty much anything into this country!

Mate of mine in Palmy had a self-propelled cannon in his yard, basically its a tank with a bigger gun on it (in non-technical non-military terms), tracks, the works. We used to regularly take it for a blat (relatively speaking) across the fields and up and down a few country lanes - used to get some funny looks from drivers going in the opposite direction.

• Like 2

Offered a job today! Will be great to be doing something again as I haven't worked since the start of lock down. Also means I can get the e30 "finished"

• Like 7

we've not been having too many life is choice moments, for good reason, I guess. 

I sold the Pulsar today. admittedly way less than what I wanted for it, but one has got to be realistic. it has been a Pyrrhic victory, in that I didn't sell it to those chaps yesterday. Gotta love being petty like this 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, huff3r said:

is it true that they are quite cramped in the cabin?.For reference how tall are you?.And whats the engine they have nowadays.I think the originals had an air cooled diesel?I would love a 4x4 version(i think)

On 10/3/2020 at 2:27 PM, kiwi535 said:

is it true that they are quite cramped in the cabin?.For reference how tall are you?.And whats the engine they have nowadays.I think the originals had an air cooled diesel?I would love a 4x4 version(i think)

Yes, they are quite compact. I'm 6'3" and can't really sit perfectly straight but it's manageable. With a helmet on, less manageable.

They have a 2.5litre Volkswagen TurboDiesel, the light truck motor. Mated to a 4 speed auto, which makes it kind of idiot proof and also even easier to go anywhere.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, huff3r said:

I heard the NZ ones were spec'd with a particularly anaemic power plant; other forces have the 'climb anything with whatever payload' feature.

13 hours ago, Olaf said:

I heard the NZ ones were spec'd with a particularly anaemic power plant; other forces have the 'climb anything with whatever payload' feature.

Not quite correct. It's the same motor worldwide, however we also ordered the armoured variant which retains the same powerplant whilst adding about 2 tonnes of armour and suspension upgrades.

To say it's underpowered is an enormous understatement.

The standard version is pretty good, in my experience it's always been enough grunt to do what's needed.

For comparison the new Bushmaster they are replacing the armoured ones with has a 7.2litre caterpillar turbodiesel truck motor in it.

Edited by huff3r
Caterpillar not Cummins
  • Thanks 1

I had to google the Bushmaster (surely the Aussies could have chosen a name less likely to cause confusion): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_Protected_Mobility_Vehicle

Looks pretty cool.  Future opportunity to buy decommissioned Kiwi Pinzgauers?

PS 6l Cummins:  because aircon ?

Edited by Olaf

My E28 has original Black Plates, I received them today after saving it from dereg.

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just bringing this post back to the front page for good.  Pinned.

• Like 2