Apex

Life is choice bro thread.

Bimmer unrelated but just driving the old French girl to work with the windows  and sunroof cracked open and playing early 80s muzak makes it really feel all right. 

Edited by lord_jagganath
Spelling lmao
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

Bimmer unrelated but just driving the old French girl to work with the windows  and sunroof cracked open and playing early 80s muzak makes it really feel all right. 

Je n'ai aucun regret dans la vie 😁

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, Palazzo said:

@E28E30, first of the F15s, late 2013. Not sure if it’s Continentals only, they’re owned by Sime Darby and the offer came through them. Thought I’d seen it somewhere else in Akkd, but maybe I was imagining things. Has to be over 6 years old, fixed price for 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder or V8 (I think). 

@Palazzo @E28E30 hopefully their Wellington arm might do the same. I think Coombes Johnston in Hamilton do something similar too. lack of competition here on the dealer front really shows.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, lord_jagganath said:

Oh, yes, such a combination can be a pleasure. I, too, allow myself such little pleasures.

Just picked up my Stinger GT Rental in Chch, road trip for work to Hanmer tomorrow, then Lewis pass, 2 hours work in Westport, then next day for Hokitika followed by 2 hours work, then back to Chch via Arthurs pass.

This thing is actual legit, Kia went from making boring as sh*t whiteware cars to an actual legit thing... even has a real LSD. I might now be a Kia fanboi. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Jacko said:

Just picked up my Stinger GT Rental in Chch, road trip for work to Hanmer tomorrow, then Lewis pass, 2 hours work in Westport, then next day for Hokitika followed by 2 hours work, then back to Chch via Arthurs pass.

This thing is actual legit, Kia went from making boring as sh*t whiteware cars to an actual legit thing... even has a real LSD. I might now be a Kia fanboi. 

Just in time for them to stop making it for good.  Back to boring SUV's they go.  Well for NZ anyway.

Edited by Driftit
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Jacko said:

Also pretty cool rental for NZ.  Is that through SIXT or something?  They had some nice cars in the US/Europe but were hard work to deal with.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Also pretty cool rental for NZ.  Is that through SIXT or something?  They had some nice cars in the US/Europe but were hard work to deal with.

europcar, its not even that expensive. About  the only thing I dont like is the steering, same as all "modern" cars, it feels like a video game controller with bad force feedback. Quick as sh*t and nice to drive though, and the ZF 8 speed is stunner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

europcar, its not even that expensive. About  the only thing I dont like is the steering, same as all "modern" cars, it feels like a video game controller with bad force feedback. Quick as sh*t and nice to drive though, and the ZF 8 speed is stunner.

They had a bunch of nice cars in Chch - 3 M340i sedans and a couple of X3 M40i’s as well as the Stingers.

sadly I was consigned to a POS Vitara

• Sad 1

Hard at work! I can see these things being the source of drivetrain swaps in the future. 

download (1).png

• Like 2

Big fan of the Stinger!

@Jacko - interested to hear what range between fill ups you are getting on your trip.

Very tempted to get one but the smallish (50l?) tank makes me a little hesitant. 

8 hours ago, treone said:

Big fan of the Stinger!

@Jacko - interested to hear what range between fill ups you are getting on your trip.

Very tempted to get one but the smallish (50l?) tank makes me a little hesitant. 

450-500ish driving normally probably, if you nana'd in eco mode it says 590 on full tank. I think its a 65l tank, or around that. Definitely bigger than 50. As a "do everything" car, would be pretty solid thing to get. 

Edited by Jacko
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Jacko - thats not too bad for what you’re getting 😁.

Hmmm… might need to revisit 😎!

Stingers look cool - but you can get a slightly older f30 for less money  - so I think I just couldn't do it. (even with a new KIA badge)

Digging this old girl out. Has not run since 2015. After living overseas, multiple delays acquiring a property and building a shed, I finally have somewhere to work on it. Goodbye container.

Will get an entire new look I think. Though unlikely to race in the BMW series again. More for hill climbs and club events at Manfield.

IMG_20220304_175412_893.jpg

• Like 8

a bit of a mixed bag, but net life is choice. 

Getting the Pug back from the mechanic/panel beater on monday. going to cost me 1.5 times what i bought the car for, but it will be worth it.  purring in winter will be so good. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 9:49 PM, Jacko said:

Hard at work! I can see these things being the source of drivetrain swaps in the future. 

download (1).png

Hired another one in welly last week, heaps of fun for a rental, did a big snakey (with traction on....) getting onto the motorway via a very short wet uphill onramp :D Cost $30 more to rent than a Mitsi ASX.

Will be curious to see what happens to the values of these in next few years

Kia aren't bringing them in anymore as they attract a decent tax. I think they will be cheap as chips in a few years once the rental fleet is sold off

They're neat, father in law had one when fleet ranger exploded. Went really well, I'm surprised they haven't sold better 

1 hour ago, C-130 Hercules said:

What rental company did you use? 

europcar

• Like 1

Building a PC with the bosses cash for someone else, but still building a pc..  fun times ahead. 

• Like 1

After checking the fuel system (lines are quite hard), and the usual fluids check.

Racecar fired first turn of the key and sat their idling like I run it every day.  Hasn't run since Dec 2015.

M30's will still roam the Earth long after humans have died off.

• Like 6

Ordering new genuine parts for your 35 year old classic car and not only are they still available, but also in stock and they arrive on your desk next day.

• Like 5

When you are having a sh*t few days and wonder if working crazy hours with killer deadlines is all worth it, then do the school run and see another dad stop by the M5 with his son and say "wow that's a dream car". 

Then I got swamped by a hoard of primary school kids and the serenity was gone, but for a moment I felt good about the world. 

• Like 2