Sign in to follow this  
KillerX

Vehicle licence farce still going on......

Does anyone read the Herald???

Seriously?

• Like 2

Like I said. Not safe ... yet I pay $68.

Mine has a Ford Transit engine (they all have since about 2008), so its underpowered and semi-reliable rather than underpowered and unreliable.

Plus looking a 6-7 year old ones for sale (and guessing what they'll sell for, not asking price), I am on track for sub 10% depreciation from new. Find me another vehicle that does that, seats 7, manual gearbox and leaks in heavy rain.

Edited by CamB
  • Like 1

Well. There is the 90 and 200 series Land Cruisers, well, any Land Cruisers.. only they don't leak.

I notice that many are fine with the errors made. I have 365 days in most years and have quite a few things to do every day. Lets say 5 things a day for a total of 1825 things to do. If I don't relicence my car that's only 0.0547945% of all the things I have to do. So if my error rate is so low why do they fine me. My error factor is way lower than theirs.

• Like 1

Well. There is the 90 and 200 series Land Cruisers, well, any Land Cruisers.. only they don't leak.

Can't get one of them in manual and 7 seats and a reasonable price (if at all). Although it'd be a better car. A huge, bigger car (those 200 series are massive and expensive).

I did drive a 90 series once (as a rental, so did a few km) - was pretty good. The 6th and 7th seats aren't much to speak of (I have 4 kids). And its not as much fun as my car. Plus it probably fits in any carpark, which sounds way too convenient.

The best safety feature of the landrover is that most of the time they don't go and when they do it's usually on a transporter to the workshop.

Drove a series 2 landy a few years ago and couldn't believe how BAD they were -

Defenders scare the crap out of me as they are capable of more than walking pace but have the safety features of a horse drawn cart.

the best feature of a land rover is the fact that they are seriously good of road,esp if you only about 5 ft tall

My E31's reasonably cheap for a nearly 25 year old car (but not the cheapest) and way cheaper than it used to be. Not many crashes because not many E31s!

• Like 1