Sign in to follow this  
loopy_lee

gruppe m e36 m3 intake

Hey trying to find a replacement filter for my Gruppe m carbon e36 m3 intake, its current filter is shot.

I know it comes with a K&N filter but it seems K&N dosent stock nor can they find a replacement for me..

Any ideas?

will upload one. its a conical shape filter that fits in the housing with a lip. diameter is 195mm

You mean itb's? That's what the us m3 guys want!

Finding a filter seems impossible, might adapt the housing to use a k&n cone filter or il trade for a factory one possible if the deal is worth it

Without measuring the filter looks similar to the element used in the K&N Apollo setups. Can check tonight

One of these might work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-AIRBOX-FILTER-ELEMENT-TYPE-1-/400761531732?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d4f3fad54

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-AIRBOX-FILTER-ELEMENT-TYPE-2-/201155000486?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed5c5b8a6

They are the same filters used in the Honda Mugen intake airboxes - so if you have the dimensions you might be able to hit up Honda NZ (official distributor of Mugen products) or another local Mugen distributor and see if they have them in stock. Otherwise Tegiwa is an UK company that made knock off Mugen intakes and uses the same filters made by a third party which is just as good.

Thanks for the help. Yea 200+ shipping is pricey! Makes me want to just bin it and get a factory box... I measured the circumference of the intake at its 195mm on the outer lip which is how it fits into the housing

Managed to find a site in the UK that has the filter Part No: RF-3301A and it's heaps cheaper and a legit part too. Will order that but before I do il try my luck with Honda to try and see if any mugen filters are around. Thanks for the help guys. Il let you know how I go!!