Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Film Producers Make Me Cry..

As some will know BMW have teamed up with the Mission Impossible series on the latest movie. From the photos it looks like they had to have a few takes on some of the action scenes...

post-2707-0-83850300-1436839385.jpg

I wonder what will happen to those cars now., off to the recycling centre I think. What a shame, I'm sure I could save most of those.

I'll try not to cry when I think of them when watching the film..

post-2707-0-27197200-1436839578.jpg

• Like 1

I have noticed that in a lot of movies they tend to use BMWs. Seen a lot of e30s, e34s etc crashed off.

I don't mind when they wreck new models. Hurts watching desirable vintage classics destroyed!

• Like 2

I have noticed that in a lot of movies they tend to use BMWs. Seen a lot of e30s, e34s etc crashed off.

That's Ok as long as they aren't crashing any of them, they're not making any more of those classics!

Product Placement in movies is an industry all to itself now, gone are they days when the film company had to buy cars to use in films!

Now the M3 has unique body panels all over it isn't possible to "dress up" a cheaper car to use as a prop. Plus it is cheaper to put a standard car through production than try to build a "special" to save money!

They're going to produce probably over 10,000 of them and you can bet your bottom dollar that this was paid for with the marketing budget. No great loss.

S1000rr's are in the movie too.

Just saw the movie, that poor car, also evidently no side airbags in the new model ! Almost seems unbelieveable ;)