Sign in to follow this  
hobro

E46 330Ci car stereo replacement

Hi there,

I own a 330Ci convertible 2005. The genuine stereo is a BMW business professional with tape and a 6* CD changer. Some time ago I replaced the CD changer connection with a "Soundplicity BMW iPod / iPhone Integration Kit" to connect an iPod. That works fine so far.

Now you get car stereos with BlueTooth which also support (i)Phones for handsfree telephonie. I would be interested whether someone already replaced the genuine radio (1 DIN high) with another car stereo in a E46?

Some things I would like to achieve - if possible: the steering wheel controls should still work with the stereo. I also saw bezels to install a standard stereo, but they are all off centre. I found a "E46 Centered Single-DIN Headunit Bezel" on mybimmer.net. Does someone know whether that (or something similar) is available in NZ?

Any hints, suggestions, photos are much appreciated.

Thank you

Holger

I replaced the factory radio in my e39 with a 1 din sony bluetooth/cd/ipod headunit, obviously the placement isnt the same, but i found on TM an adaptor that conne ted to the steering wheel button input wire and controls the headunit. You have to make sure you get a headunit that has the plug for a wired remote/ steering wheel control on the back, but mine set itself up once it was installed and it works perfectly. The bonus with going this way is you can use the GPS on your phone and get the directions through the stereo as well. Good luck.

• Like 1