Sign in to follow this  
pldubs

DIRT Rally ( Early Access )

Being an avid racing game fan I have forever been looking for " that game " the one that ticks all the boxes, the game that looks, sounds and feels real. The game that has the perfect cars, the perfect tracks and the perfect tuning. This is not that game. This is however the best racing game, sorry, Driving Simulator I have ever played and it's pretty damn close to home simulator nirvana.

If you own a steering wheel, a PC and have the patience to handle a steep learning curve, this f**king game will reward you more than any other racer has.

Anyone fancy a blast through the welsh countryside in an e30 M3 Evo?
What about Pikes peak in a 500hp Quattro ?
Just be prepared to crash and burn as any little mistake will ruin your, up till then, perfect stage.

No Rewinds
No Gymkhana
No Map
No Ken Block
No Bullshit

Just you, your co-driver and a bunch of swear words as you restart your car over and over and over

$45 on Steam

Enjoy

Edited by hybrid
  • Like 2

Looks pretty badass! reminds me of the days we used to play colin mcrae rally on PS1

Might give this a whirl.

I'm quite fond of project cars, between my best friend and I we're sitting on about 20+ world records (Steering wheel, manual transmission, no driving aids) for most of the well-known tracks in the GT3 cars. It's an excellent sim and I'd recommend it if you haven't played it.

Edited by Rubix
  • Like 2

I used to love this sort of thing but haven't found a lot of time for it in the last couple of years.

I was right into Australian V8 Supercars on Xbox with wheel and pedals. But that was years ago and I guess i's all progressed a bit from then..lol

Amazing what a rush you'd get after squeezing 200th of a second out a lap of bathurst.

Just want to point out that this game is early access, and the price has been going up with updates so if you are wanting it you should likely jump on now.

I like the daily events that you cant restart or anything and you get put onto a world ranking.

• Like 2

I bought the game...

Now I just need to get used to a realistic driving game again

Came round for a hoon yesterday, awesome!!!

Its definitely one of the better driving games out there B)

I bought the early access, and it felt terrible on the sim wheel. Waited for a few patches that were supposed to update it and they were no better. Fiddled around with the settings on the profiler and in game and it felt awful. It was either way too twitchy, way too much feedback or too much play in the wheel. To be fair I kind of gave up on it and haven't trialled any of the new updates yet. Anyone know if they're any better?

Other than that (most important thing) it is pretty good. Not quite a sim like iRacing but pretty good for a rally game.